Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by florgal
    What did we expect would happen to Social Security as more and more manufacturing jobs outsourced to China, Mexico, Bangladesh, India?

I don't know why so many folks can't see that we are getting the short end of the stick here in the U.S.A. when it comes to 'globalization'.
    You got that right. If all those manufacturing jobs were here and only legal workers were working them, then wages would be higher and unemployment or underemployment would be lower. If that were the case then SS and Medicare would not be so broke.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Maybe if American families weren't so over-burderned footing the bill for the masses of illegals getting everything for free, they just might be able to afford to have more children of their own. But most Americans follow this absurd notion of making sure they can afford to feed, raise, educate, provide health care, etc. for their kids before having them, unlike the masses of social service draining, illegal alien anchor baby spewers.
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

And the people that got Amnesty in 64, 86 & 90's who put a strain on it? Older adults that didn't work and pay into Social Security since they were 16 years old. How many years has the system been depleated by people who did not pay fully into it or as long as working Americans?

Not to mention all the chain migration relatives.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Your absolutely right Dixie and if Amnesty was given again MILLIONS of older IA's would be set to draw Medicare or Medicaid,SSI or Social Security.

I say take the TRILLION DOLLARS it would cost to give them Amnesty and put it into the Social Security Fund and pass a law making it Illegal to take any money out of the SS fund for other government needs such as the deficit !!

Plus anyone who makes over $250,000 a year should not be eligible for Social Security or Medicare.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

They can justify jacking up the # of Visa's issued too.

Dixie

Quote Originally Posted by reptile09
    Maybe if American families weren't so over-burderned footing the bill for the masses of illegals getting everything for free, they just might be able to afford to have more children of their own. But most Americans follow this absurd notion of making sure they can afford to feed, raise, educate, provide health care, etc. for their kids before having them, unlike the masses of social service draining, illegal alien anchor baby spewers.

Where in the hec did Americans get the idea that you should refrain from having children until you can afford them? Its so "fifties".

Good shot, redpony!
    And I vaguely remember a news story about elderly foreigners coming here to retire as we give them aid to establish themselves in this country. And that aid is more than the money they would get at home. I'll keep searching for that story (60 Minutes, I think).

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    OK... Now I no longer wish to contribute to Social Security just to be Robbed Blind by Illegal Aliens

Meanwhile, please TAKE ACTION to prevent illegal aliens from collecting Social Security benefits for work done in the U.S.!

ALERT! HR 2287 would eliminate social security benefits for illegals....
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-156437.html

What did we expect would happen to Social Security as more and more manufacturing jobs outsourced to China, Mexico, Bangladesh, India?

I don't know why so many folks can't see that we are getting the short end of the stick here in the U.S.A. when it comes to 'globalization'.
    Of course we are. I think it's an excuse to keep the eye off the fact the government spent all the money and SS and such is nothing but a vault of IOU's. Besides, those payments go out to more than just old people and I'm tired of them leaving those factors out. It's paid to disabled, vetrans, children of disabled workers until they are adults. I know every year when they send me my paper, it says what I would get if I got injured and unable to work on down the line. It's not just for old people.

Plus, I am curious if those who get pensions, do they also get SS or medicare? Is SS taken out of their checks if they are contributing to pensions? Seems our highest paying jobs have either been sent overseas, or have pensions, which include government jobs, and until I know if they also pay, then there's a big hunk of people who are not contributing. So many states are going broke trying to keep up with those and my taxes get raised all the time to make sure they get theirs. And from what I can see, it's 1000% better than anything SS offers. And all these low paying jobs, don't add much to the coffers, or allow enough to try and plan for retirement. I know my ex took SS out for the employees, but for us it was put in a retirement fund since we were self-employed. I honestly don't know the legalities of it all. I just know after we were divorced, and I tried for medicade and such, I was refused because of that retirement account and had to close it out and loose the majority of it in penalities, to pay the medical bills. So all those working years, don't show up for me in SS and I lost the entire amount sent aside for retirement to pay for my daughters birth and pre-natal care. You don't have that money subtracted from your SS benefits if you apply for medicade, or from your earned income credits.....and they didn't have the earned income credits back then. Guess the object is to have nothing, because you loose 100x's more if you have anything.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast