Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Macy's, you must be kidding....

Here is the note I sent their comments email, if they want illegals as their customers, they should be their only customers. Sorry I stole a good portion of the note, but did make some changes, so as to eliminate the plagerism charges....

I want to voice a complaint about your new line of T-shirts that hit your stores from Mexico City-based NaCo apparel company. I am greatly dismayed and frankly disgusted that you would sell a T-shirt that clearly has a racist meaning. I am referring to the t-shirt that reads, "Brown is the new white." I am disgusted that you will promote racist statements in a greedy move to earn more profits from the Hispanic population. You would never get away with a racist statement such as "white is the new brown" or "white is the new black," so it is no different to turn the tables and use a different race with the same statement. I have serious concerns about a company so infused into American life, with such a rich history in the American persona, only to have your marketing people attack your customer base in such a way. At this moment I refuse to buy another product from your store, and am advising all my friends and family to pass this information on and also to refrain from buying from your store, and I seriously doubt that I will be able to bring myself back to a Macy's or any Macy's subsidiaries, any time in the forseeable future. I hope you enjoy your NEW customer base, the illegals you are trying so hard to attract.

Welcome to ALIPAC Variable51 and ProudEagle!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

As long as...

As long as so-called "browns" (hey, aren't they from Cleveland? hahaha!) speak English to me when I ask them too, they can make fun of themselves with the t-shirt... It is also interesting to know that even some Hispanics find it offensive, and well, they're on their own right.

Chilena: you may get the t on-line at www.surropa.com or www.usanaco.com

chilena,

You have an interesting story.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    I dont see that lasting to long at all. Im all for a ethnic line of clothing and high priced cloths are all the craze... but I dont see that one taking off once the America public catchs on that they plan in marketing stuff that is that racial.

More on Macy's

You know they pulled the t-shirts because of complaints from hispanic customers, not because white people were offended. It seems to be okay in this country to make racist remarks about whites, but not about any other group.
    Here in Texas, a chain of department stores called "Foley's" was taken over by Macy's. I had a Foley's charge account. The first thing Macy's did was to send coupons to existing Foley's charge customers, ONLY they were printed with the Spanish in large letters, and the English in smaller letters down below.
    The other day at the grocery store (which has very rapidly become mexican-ized), there was a small truck in the parking lot that had advertising for Capital One on one side in spanish. As I walked past, I was surprised to notice that it was also in Spanish on the other side, no English at all.
    Why are we letting this happen to our country?

By the way

I will be canceling my Macy's account.

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    Quote Originally Posted by blkkat99
    nntrixie "mija" means daughter..
    I thought hija was daughter - just goes to show you.
    Your both right, it means "my girl" mostly used in reference to a daughter.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678