Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Those shirts...

As a U.S. Citizen exercising my freedom... So what if they sell at Macy's this "Brown is the new white" t-shirt?

We have the freedom to buy it or not. In fact, I find the rest of the line quite humorous, last week I took my 12 year old daughter to the shopping mall with a Hispanic classmate of her and the girl translated me what MIJA and RAZA and MOHADO means for them and I find it all quite funny as well as amusing.

Besides, are we stopping Illegal Immigration by banning a department store chain just because they're selling a t-shirt appealing to people from a different race? Of course not!

Believe it or not, the fact is that there are a lot of "brown" legal U.S. Residents already.

I mean, don't we have the freedom to choose?

Spanish-speaking countries and the rest of the world have been rammed up their throats with our stupid Hollywood films, and our baseball caps and our "institutions" such as McDonalds and Burger King, so I don't see nothing wrong with a shirt that makes fun of themselves, mostly.

If I found it offensive I just wouldn't have bought it, but now with all this whirlwind around it I not only got one for my daughter but also for all my wife's Hispanic friends down here at Atlanta.

Douglas,
    Atlanta GA

Welcome to Alipac ProudEagle

If the racist implications of that message don't bother you then wear the shirt. I have Hispanic relatives that wouldn't be caught wearing that trash for La Raza.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

About your relatives...

Great! They'll be proudly exercising their freedom as I am!

Not so long in a trip to California I saw some shirts with the legend "My God Can Beat Your God" and it is the same line of humor to me, you can take it seriously or just laugh about it.

Just LaRaza propaganda- that's all.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just saw it on FOX they have pulled these shirts from their stores.. Many complaints, they said they were trying to sell a more "diversified" product line...
    '
    "We are being destroyed from within"

Wow!

That was quick! Alot of people must of called or emailed. Just like the AZTLAN t-shirts pulled from Sears.

America is awake and roaring.

Look at the spin!

Macy's Says 'No Mas' To Racial T-Shirt
    Some Call Shirt Offensive
    Last Edited: Monday, 23 Jul 2007, 6:11 PM CDT
    Created: Monday, 23 Jul 2007, 4:59 PM CDT

. SideBar

Related Items
    Links
    Blog: What's Your Take?

Videos

Macy's department store is no longer selling a T-shirt that might offend some members of the Hispanic community.

According to Macy's, one of its goals is to provide an exclusive line of clothing geared toward Latina shoppers looking to express cultural identity through fashion.

However, one such item might have actually offended potential Hispanic customers, so the company pulled it during the weekend.

The T-shirt, which reads "Brown is the New White," is offensive, according to Hispanic marketing expert Dr. Ed Rincon.

"Macy's doesn't know a whole lot about what Hispanics want in the way of clothing. It also says that Macy's doesn't understand Hispanic culture. More importantly, it says that Macy's doesn't understand the Hispanics that lives in the U.S. and the kinds of products they are looking for," Rincon said.

However, Rincon said some Hispanic customers might enjoy and even purchase the shirt.

Macy's apologized for its decision to sell the shirt, releasing this statement:

"We are constantly looking for unique and differentiated merchandise that will resonate with our customers as hip, current and trendy. We also continue to work in developing business relationships with minority vendors to serve the growing diverse customer base. We apologize if customers have found some of the merchandise offensive and have removed the style that they found objectionable."

http://www.myfoxdfw.com

How dumb can these people be?

Perhaps the Macy's buyer who thought this was a good idea also sold Sears on the idea of carrying Aztlan pride T-shirts last year.
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinwaukegan
    Whoa dixie you came across a dousy. I'll try to reach them too.

I've never paid that much for a t-shirt?! What's up with that (as they say)?

That's like those little figurines my kids got last year in the Pizza Hut toy thing. One was a latina holding a sign saying Chicana Power.

There's one big oversight, the latina isn't pregnant.

seriously, get over it. that shirt is great. and i'm BROWN.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast