I sent a letter to our wonderful Governor of Utah about hiring in teachers from Mexico. Our teachers have left rthe state for better money or are turning to other professions. Our classrooms are overloaded our tax base is not high enough to take care of American Citizens let alone the illegal invaders. Here is what I got back from his office.
In our paper was discussed that now illegal immigrants can talk to teachers. (GEEZ WHAT A BLESSING) Illegal children will learn faster (GEEZ ANOTHER WONDERFUL BLESSING)

Paige

Date: 10/2/2007 8:31:30 AM
To: Dana Christensen
Subject: illegal immigration

October 2, 2007

Dear Dana:

Thank you for your email to the Office of the Governor regarding the illegal immigration. I have been asked to respond on behalf of the Governor.

Utah is facing a critical shortage of teachers for grades K-12. For many years, Utah has not had enough math, science, special education, and early childhood educators. It is especially difficult to recruit and retain teachers in rural Utah. Nevada and Wyoming are offering signing bonuses of up to $17,000 and also offer housing.

In order to meet the demands of Utah students, efforts have been under way for many years with the Utah State Office of Education to recruit teachers for Utah. We are attempting to recruit, but without the money for signing bonuses, it is difficult. We are recruiting across the United States, China, Canada, Spain and Mexico. This is an effort to place a highly qualified teacher in the classroom for Utah students. All recruits must be legal and abide by laws overseeing international recruitment.

Thank you for writing and sharing your opinion.

Sincerely,

Gloria C. Hunt
Constituent Services Director