Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Surprise,Surprise !!

Pilgrims Pride sold 68% of their company in 2009 to the biggest Brazilian meat producers in the world JBS S.A. !

4 of the biggest buyers of Pilgrims chickens is:

Kentucky Fried

Walmart

Publixs Super markets

Wendys

They need to hear our ire too.

Suggstion: BUY Purdue Chickens they are owned by a 3 generation AMERICAN Family and they say their chickens are drugs & hormone free.

I don't often join or ask for a Boycott but if we donot stop them NOW I think they will start importing a lot more slave labor to fill their greedy needs and expect taxpayers to pickup their tab for resettlement help their refugees/immigrants will certainly need plus the extra burden on local schools,hospitals etc..
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

I woke this morning to find this email (reply) in myin-box:

Ms. XXXXXXXX,

Your letter to Pilgrim’s Pride was forwarded to me. I’m the human resources manager at the plant you were referencing in your e-mail, and would like to respond to it.

Like you, I am very concerned about the unemployment situation in the U.S., and I’m hopeful that we can all work together to get our country back on track. With regard to our situation here, please understand that Pilgrim’s is NOT bringing in new workers from another country, but are trying to tap into some of the groups of people already in the U.S. who may be successful working in our industry.

At our particular plant, we have been unable to fill our hiring needs, and for the last year have actually been busing people in from as much as 60 miles away. This is probably because we are a relatively small community and there are 3,500 poultry processing jobs within just 30 miles of our plant. We are expanding our workforce now, and are looking at groups of people even farther away, in the larger cities like Houston and Dallas. We have recruited there with limited success, and believe we can do even better if we provide some help to legal immigrants who may not have the skills or language capability to work in other jobs. With a little help, we think they can become good, productive employees and not continue on the unemployment rolls. Again, these people are already here in the United States, have a legal right to work, and need good jobs. While we look at new sources of good workers, we will continue to hire locally. Our jobs are posted with our local workforce commission, and we will happily accept any qualified worker for any position we have open.

I hope this clarifies the situation a little bit. I tried to call you this evening at the number you left, and am always happy to discuss situations like these—especially with people who have taken the trouble to get informed and involved. If you would like to call me back and discuss the situation more, I am at 936-585-1235.

John Thomasson
    Complex HR Manager

I hear their excuse with the comment back as basically saying as they chose a smal rural area for their business and now that area can't fill those jobs they need to bring people from elsewhere.

Now to me I'd think it would make sense when you open a plant, or create any business you make sure to do it in an area that can support your needs and growth. No excuse for bad planning.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nomas
    We have recruited there with limited success, and believe we can do even better if we provide some help to legal immigrants who may not have the skills or language capability to work in other jobs.
    If the are LEGAL IMMIGRANTS then they should have the skills and language capabilities!

If they are illegal however, they would NOT have these capabilities.

I can't wait for my response letter from this clown. I have a feeling we will be going back and forth for a while.

I am wondering if they are still hiring illegals. hmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by OneNationUnderGod
    We have recruited there with limited success, and believe we can do even better if we provide some help to legal immigrants who may not have the skills or language capability to work in other jobs.
    If the are LEGAL IMMIGRANTS then they should have the skills and language capabilities!

If they are illegal however, they would NOT have these capabilities.

I can't wait for my response letter from this clown. I have a feeling we will be going back and forth for a while.

I am wondering if they are still hiring illegals. hmmmmmm
    I was a Plant Mgr at a local steel processing company. The work wasn't difficult, but it wasn't attractive to many people in the area. The initial pay was low, but better than many local entry level jobs, with fast food compamies.

We hired many Macedonians. We literally took them off the plane. The production mgr and one of the supervisor's were Macedonian nationals that became American citizens. Nobody out worked these guys. Plus they were smart.

When they started, their English was zero, The older guys taught the newer ones. Before long, they knew English, because they had to learn it, to get any type of promotion or pay raise. Many of they had an accent, but you would have been wrong to think they were "stupid".

Remember Alexander the Great, he was Macedonian !

My Macedonian was limited to good, bad, and good morning.

So, limited or "no English" doesn't mean they are illegal.

With regard to our situation here, please understand that Pilgrim’s is NOT bringing in new workers from another country, but are trying to tap into some of the groups of people already in the U.S. who may be successful working in our industry.
    So once again, they are not hiring Americans they are hiring Burmese refuges who have been bussed into Nacogdoches from their temporary home in Houston with no skills and no money. Nacogdoches school district has had to place 200-300 kids in an old school gym until they can be taught enough to even put them in mainstream. At a time when schools are cutting budgets, Nacogdoches has had to hire several more ESL teachers, while tax money is being taken away from American children and up to 100,000 teacher s in Texas face unemployment. Taxpayers also have to pay more money to health care for these people and their kids. Mean while 22 million Americans are still looking for jobs. Something tells me Thomasson is a liar. Pilgrims didn’t bother trying to hire Americans. We don’t need to be providing 200-300 foreigners with jobs, nor do we need to be paying for an education and medical expenses for 300-400 of their children. The Texas budges is $27 billion short. We don’t need to be giving away any more money, period.

April, 2008 ICE arrested 400 illegal aliens at 5 Pilgrims Pride Plants
    April 2008 Pilgrims raided for immigration identification scam
    December 2009 - Pilgrim's Pride agrees to pay $4.5 for hiring illegal aliens

We already know Pilgrims has no ethics. We already know Pilgrims could care a less about “working together to get our country back on track.â€
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

magyart wrote:

So, limited or "no English" doesn't mean they are illegal.
    Speaking English is required when they become citizens.

The Burmese Karen people have been the target of ethnic clensing and been living in refugee camps on the Tai Border and have been living in desparate conditions. I think that they are legal immigrants through the refugee program.

MORE INFORMATION ON THE BURMES KAREN PEOPLE.

Burmese refugees fearful of new life in USA

Enlarge By Jesse Wright for USA TODAY

A Karen refugee watches the skyline roll by as his bus enters Bangkok, the last stop before he reaches his new home in America.

By Jesse Wright, Special for USA TODAY
    MAE SOT, Thailand — The bus rumbled to life, and Hsar Say took one last look at the only home he'd known for the past 20 years. The lime green rice paddies, the banana trees, the bamboo huts he shared with the other refugees — they were all part of his past.
    In a few hours, Say would board a plane to America with his wife and two kids. Whether that was a good thing, he wasn't sure.

"Basically I think (America) will be better than a refugee camp," he said. "In a refugee camp, you have no rights. You are put in a cage. It's illegal to travel outside the camp, so it's very different from being a human."

On the other hand, Say was a very important man — a teacher — among the other Burmese refugees at the Mae La camp in western Thailand. His wife taught adult literacy classes. He confessed to being "a little afraid" that in America, they'd end up like his wife's cousin, who moved to Kentucky and toils in a clothing store packing boxes.

"Maybe in America, I can work at a job to help other people," he said hopefully. "I like social work."

Such are the dilemmas facing Say and the 15,000 other refugees from Burma who have arrived in the USA since 2006, making them the biggest single group of refugees to enter the country during that time, according to the State Department.

Those who have escaped from Burma, also known as Myanmar, are in many respects a special case: They have fled a military regime that the Bush administration had singled out as one of the most brutal in the world. A cyclone in May killed at least 85,000 people and sent even more Burmese streaming across the border into Thailand, where there are about 100,000 refugees packed into nine camps.

Former first lady Laura Bush, who had made the plight of Burma's people one of her main causes, visited the Mae La camp in August and met a group of refugees on their way to South Carolina. "It was very moving for me to see how thrilled they were to be able to leave," she recalled in a recent interview with USA TODAY.

President Obama, in a statement in June, condemned the oppressive Burmese regime, saying the situation there "offends the conscience of the American people."

Adjusting to outside life is a particular challenge for many Burmese refugees.

Many, including Say, have spent most of their adult lives in the camps, leaving them unprepared for life on their own. Those who are granted passage to America by U.S. immigration officials must first take part in classes on how to provide for their own basic nutrition, how to change a diaper and how to use the bathroom on an airplane.

The fear of the outside world is so strong that about 60% of the refugees refuse to leave the camps, according to the International Organization of Migration (IOM), which is paid by the U.S. government to administer the classes.

"They don't know what's going on in America," said Peter Salnikowski, the IOM's cultural orientation program coordinator. "They ask: 'What are the camps over there like?' "

Spread over a dense green range of jagged low mountains, the Mae La camp is one of the largest camps in Thailand. Tall, barbed-wire fences separate the 40,000 residents from the rest of the world. Huts have been built with bamboo and teak hacked out of the jungle.

Some residents carry water from a nearby well; others cook curry over wooden fires.

Many are members of the Karen ethnic group, whose half-century struggle for independence within Burma has made them particular targets of the military. The Karen Human Rights Group, a local aid agency, says the military attacks Karen villages, burns homes and uses civilians as human minesweepers.

In defending its actions, the Burmese regime has said it is in a battle against separatists and terrorists.

The Karen make up about 7 million of Burma's 48 million people, though they are not the only group that suffers.

Last month, the United Nations criticized the Burmese regime for its failure to allow aid groups access to victims of Cyclone Nargis, eight months after the storm made landfall.

Despite it all, leaving is a difficult decision for Karen who fear their way of life will be lost in a new country.

"We're afraid that if we go (to America) we will lose our culture," said Naw Janey, 46, a mother of four.

She moved her family to Mae La this year after Cyclone Nargis destroyed their bamboo home on the Irrawaddy River delta. Despite her misgivings, she is applying for refugee status.

"We don't want to go to America, but it would be a good chance for my children to study," she said.

The U.S. government had closed its doors to most Karen refugees after the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks, after which it classified the Karen National Union — a group that includes guerrilla fighters as well as politicians — as a terrorist organization. The ban was lifted by the State Department in 2006, although former guerrillas are still denied entry.

To get to the USA, camp residents first must be formally classified as refugees by the United Nations. Then they can apply to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, a process that can take months.

The ordeal gets no easier when they arrive in the USA.

The Karen speak their own language and only sometimes speak Burmese, which means good translators are hard to find, according to Interfaith Ministries of Greater Houston, an organization that helps Karen settle in the USA.

Local resettlement agencies are tasked with teaching the refugees English and helping them find a job once they arrive.Say was lucky: Among the three dozen passengers on the bus leaving the Mae La camp, he was the only one who spoke English. That will ease his transition to life in America.

As the refugee camp disappeared from view and the bus approached the Bangkok airport, his thoughts centered on the life he was leaving behind.

"One day, if it is OK, or even if it's not OK, maybe I can come back and visit and help the people who are struggling," he said. "Peace will take time."
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2009 ... gees_N.htm

From 2006
    Persecuted Christian Refugees Denied Asylum and Protection by U.S.
    Wednesday, March 15, 2006 (12:00 am)

Christian Freedom International urges the Department of Homeland Security to allow refugees from Burma asylum and protection in the U.S. and to properly interpret “material supportâ€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is sad news for many unemployed citizens.
    When you aid and support criminals, you live a criminal life style yourself:

Regardless of whether or not these people are legal or illegal, the point is there are American citizens who can't find work. They should have been Pilgrim's first priority. Our governments continued efforts to flood this country with unskilled, uneducated people who have nothing to add to this country but a higher national debt is why our economy is in the brink. Its greedy companies like Pilgrims Pride that take advantage of people like this so they can have cheap labor and force them to work like slaves.

Businesses that take part in this discriminatory hiring placing the needs of foreigners before the needs of American taxpayers has got to end.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

A wonderful post bigtex, you stated the truth!

Thanks.
    When you aid and support criminals, you live a criminal life style yourself:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast