Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rep. Ellison calls the cops on Tancredo

Rep. Ellison calls the cops to snuff Tancredo’s cigar
    By Betsy Rothstein

Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.) believes it is his right as a Muslim to be sworn into Congress with the Quran. But apparently, the freshman lawmaker doesn’t believe it’s Rep. Tom Tancredo’s (R-Colo.) right to smoke a cigar in his congressional office.

Ellison’s office called the Capitol Hill Police on Tancredo last Wednesday night as Tancredo was in his office smoking a cigar. The lawmakers have neighboring offices on the first floor of the Longworth House Office Building.

Tancredo was still stunned a day later. “It’s very bizarre,” said Tancredo, who has never met Ellison. “Seemed to me not a good way to say hello.”

And let’s face it. Calling the cops on a colleague takes the cake for the nerviest behavior so far among members of this year’s freshman class of Congress.

This is how it all went down. On Wednesday evening, around 6 p.m., Tancredo was preparing for his trip to Mississippi. And as he so often does, he was unwinding with a cigar.

Soon enough, however, a police officer walked in to check on the smoke. The officer told Tancredo that the officer came because he was required to do so and not because the officer wanted to. The officer had already told Ellison that Tancredo was permitted to smoke in his office. The visit was more a formality.

Tancredo said he would not stop smoking in his office. “Heck, no!” he said. “If he [Ellison] would have [had] the courtesy to say something I’m sure I would have been more accommodating to his wishes.”

To help keep his office free of impurities, Tancredo has three air purifiers. And he has no plans to meet Ellison anytime soon. “I’m sure we will, but I’m not going to make a point [of it],” the presidential hopeful said, adding that he supported Ellison’s right to be sworn in with the Quran.

Ellison’s press secretary, Rick Jauert, made the call to the Superintendent’s office when he noticed the smoke. “I called because the smoke was coming through the walls,” Jauert said, adding that the Superintendent’s office referred him to the Capitol Police.

Jauert said he then informed his boss what he had done. He said “fine,” Jauert said. “He’s complained of the smoke before.”

http://www.thehill.com/thehill/export/T ... credo.html
    Ellison must be a pro-illegal activist who hates Tancredo. Calling the cops on him for smoking a cigar is absolutely insane.

Gee, I'm glad to learn Rep. Ellison has time to worry about such important matters - not minding those 'other' things like:

>> The 3,000 Illegal Aliens streaming across the border today

>> Iraq Situation; including the US soldiers whose lives might end today

>> Record Trade Imbalances

>> Federal Deficit

>> The 10,000 jobs Chrysler announced it would 'eliminate' today

>> Corruption in DC

etc, etc.

Give me a break...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Oh, my Lord, what a class A jerk!!!

This takes the cake and shows what he thinks of himself.

I think out of spite Tancredo should get a few smoke bombs and set them off in his office right by their shared wall!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh well, we knew this was going to be a start for this man Ellison, when he was sworn in on the Quran, they no sooner get in they they want to start changing things to suit them. I don't know a lot about the Quran and futhermore I don't want to know anything about it. I know how the Muslims up in Minnesota the cab drivers are refusing to pick up people who have alcohol, and people who have pets, yes, people this is just another fine example of the wonderful diversity happening here in America! When Rep, Ellison goes into the bathroom and starts throwing water everywhere on the walls and everything else, Tancredo can call the cops on him. I say this because my sister worked with a Muslim doctor, one of the huge annoyances was something he used for his prayers in some way was to throw water all over the bathroom for some reason, they hated this and finally told him, he would have to clean up his own messes in the bathroom he made with the water! Of course he didn't like this esp. coming from "women" nurses as he felt they were beneath him and there strictly to wait on him, he found out women here in America didnt take any of his crap! He didnt last very long at his job!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

I think out of spite Tancredo should get a few smoke bombs and set them off in his office right by their shared wall!
    At least it is something I would do!!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Remember Ellison is Muslim

From the different stories that are appearing in the media, Muslims are beginning to feel that the only freedoms/rights that exist are those that belong to them. remember the Taxi drivers who refuse to carry seeing eye dogs. We went through supporting the blind years ago. Now it appears that even in congress they rights are more important than anyone elses. I don't believe in smoking but someone who has gone to the level of having three air purifers in their office and has received permission to smoke a cigar deserves to be left alone.

How long before Pelorsi banes smoking on the hill at all. DC is trying to prevent smoking in cars.

No freedoms no accountablilites.

We got any members on ALIPAC from Minnesota ? You all need to straighten this nerd out.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JZ

Re: Rep. Ellison calls the cops on Tancredo

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy
    Ellison’s press secretary, Rick Jauert, made the call to the Superintendent’s office when he noticed the smoke. “I called because the smoke was coming through the walls,”
    What kind of wall do they have???

This is an interesting story. I wonder why so many stories get thrown to the wayside while other stories get top billing on this site?
    “Bushbaby” Avatar: “Bushbabies” have Red Eyes, sharp spinney vicious teeth & long busy tails, ALL “Bushbabies” look alike.

Re: Remember Ellison is Muslim

Quote Originally Posted by Beckyal
    From the different stories that are appearing in the media, Muslims are beginning to feel that the only freedoms/rights that exist are those that belong to them. remember the Taxi drivers who refuse to carry seeing eye dogs. We went through supporting the blind years ago. Now it appears that even in congress they rights are more important than anyone elses. I don't believe in smoking but someone who has gone to the level of having three air purifers in their office and has received permission to smoke a cigar deserves to be left alone.

How long before Pelorsi banes smoking on the hill at all. DC is trying to prevent smoking in cars.

No freedoms no accountablilites.
    Well BECKYAL
    it's called islamic law...............NOT the U.S. Constitution & Rule of Law.

This is an interesting story. I wonder why so many stories get thrown to the wayside while other stories get top billing on this site?
    JZ, it is sometimes a pressure release, and as with this story, it is about the ridiculous garbage that goes on in the government while people like Ellison could actually be doing their work, instead of worrying about his "religion" and acting like a class "A" jerk, instead of having just asked Tancredo politely to find a way to avoid the smoke bothering him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast