Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Rubio believes Trump would consider allowing illegals to stay

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rubio believes Trump would consider allowing illegals to stay

By ANNA GIARITELLI • 3/5/17 10:14 AM

Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., on Sunday cast doubt on a White House suggestion that President Trump is not considering allowing some illegal immigrants to stay in the country.

Prior to addressing lawmakers on Tuesday evening, Trump had told TV reporters he would support allowing illegal immigrants who have not committed additional crimes to remain in the U.S., but his staff later deemed that comment part of a "misdirection play."

"I don't think it's a misdirection play. I think the president realizes that we have an immigration problem in America and we need to fix it," Rubio told CNN host Jake Tapper. "But I also think the president realizes — and it's been my advice to him and anybody who will listen — that the best way to do this is in a series of measures, and that we should take our time and do this thing right."

Rubio, part of the 2013 "Gang of Eight" in Congress that crafted a bipartisan immigration reform proposal, said his sense is that Trump does have a "desire and interest" to fix this issue, as he has said.

Trump has taken multiple actions with respect to immigration laws since entering the Oval Office seven weeks ago. He ordered enforcement laws be wholly upheld and a wall on the southern border be completed. Congress is currently allocating the funds for the U.S.-Mexico wall project.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ru...rticle/2616480
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

We need to throw Rubio out too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    By ANNA GIARITELLI • 3/5/17 10:14 AM

Prior to addressing lawmakers on Tuesday evening, Trump had told TV reporters he would support allowing illegal immigrants who have not committed additional crimes to remain in the U.S., but his staff later deemed that comment part of a "misdirection play."

What? Trump told TV reporters he would support allowing some -- any -- illegal immigrants to stay in the US? But they can't get a direct quote? This isn't just fake news. It is just lying. Why would talking to TV reporters not yield any quotes or even video tape? If it was off the record, then why would we be hearing about it all? And its hard to imagine Trump trusting any TV reporter enough to speak off the record.
    Support ALIPAC'sFIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"I think the president realizes that we have an immigration problem in America and we need to fix it," Rubio told CNN host Jake Tapper."

What, that anyone who wants to come here should be allowed to do so? I'm so tired about hearing that our immigration system is broken. It's only broken if you want unlimited immigration. The only thing that's broken is not following our immigration laws. They need to be enforced. Remove all the illegals. Quickly. Reduce legal immigration, something Rubio doesn't want. We don't need high-tech workers either.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)