Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by April
    Dixie wrote:

Bush is a bad president.

Redeem thyself fool!

I'm not going to get bulldozed by him or the special interest groups.
    Rise up and take your country back from the beast that have been slithering around on their bellies, in the hall of your capitol.

WELL SAID!!!!
    What, no venom reserved for Leahy and his Democrat pals without whom this bad legislation would not be possible?

Banned
    I just called Cantwell's office and basically asked what is going on with Hispanic groups and the Chamber of Commerce writing immigration legislation. I said Senator Cantwell owed her state an explanation. Told them that I was absolutely shocked (not really) that the democrats would be in bed with the Chamber of Commerce and who is representing 80% of the American people who don't want the illegals to become citizens. The staffer was very quiet and said he'd pass it on.

Let's get busy, folks.

"In his State of the Union address, the president called on Congress to pass comprehensive immigration reform that will secure our borders, enhance interior and work-site enforcement, create a temporary-worker program and resolve -- without amnesty or animosity -- the status of illegal immigrants already here," Bush spokesman Scott Stanzel said.
    AlturaCt, I know I'm not using the "unique" dictionary. Maybe I am just misinterpreting this but I don't know how giving someone who has already broken the law by coming here
    the status of illegal immigrants already here," Bush spokesman Scott Stanzel said.
    the right to stay through a tempoary-work permit is resolving the problem. And comprehensive, I can only comprehend the
    secure our borders, enhance interior and work-site enforcement
    part. I do get what you're all saying about e-mails, letters, phone calls, etc. but I don't get how they keep avoiding just very simply, enforcing the current law(s). All this sidestepping, suppose that's one reason we can't access the bill?

Quote Originally Posted by olivermyboy
    I just called Cantwell's office and basically asked what is going on with Hispanic groups and the Chamber of Commerce writing immigration legislation. I said Senator Cantwell owed her state an explanation. Told them that I was absolutely shocked (not really) that the democrats would be in bed with the Chamber of Commerce and who is representing 80% of the American people who don't want the illegals to become citizens. The staffer was very quiet and said he'd pass it on.

Let's get busy, folks.
    MY HERO!!

Way to Go, OLIVER!!!
    That's where the rubber meets the road..........unelected entities writing American legislation
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Let's deluge John McCain's office, too. He's got a lot to lose being associated with this legislation.

You have to jump through hoops to even leave a message--cut you off after the first sentence but then you can push a number and proceed. (They say they are switching you to the immigration people but you get the answering machine.)

(202) 224-3121 and ask for Senator McCain.

All this sidestepping, suppose that's one reason we can't access the bill?
    WMC

We can't ACCESS THE BILL because the Lobbyists & Chamber of Commerce is writing it as we speak!!!!

Think about this folks............a BILL was sent to the American Senate Judiciary UNWRITTEN?!

Excuse me???? UNWRITTEN?

WHAT THE HELL?

Who the hell do they think they're snowballing here?

The FOCUS TEAM has been trying to access this bill for weeks! WEEKS and nothing
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't know how giving someone who has already broken the law by coming here the right to stay through a tempoary-work permit is resolving the problem.
    Absolutely! If there were to ever be a "guest worker program" it should certainly not include any current law breakers or invaders.

but I don't get how they keep avoiding just very simply, enforcing the current law(s). All this sidestepping, suppose that's one reason we can't access the bill?
    You are absolutely right once again. I think we forget as the Dog and Pony show progresses in DC that we already have laws that are not being enforced. The border could totally be secured within 30 days without new laws. Deportations in mass could start today without new laws. Etc etc They don't enforce the law now so somehow I guess we think they will if we just had new laws? Great point!
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Banned
    Called all--Senator Cornyn's staffer said he was doing all he could to fight the bill.

Be sure to call Kennedy's office--it's a real experience---the staffer said they could put the newly arrived families in Montana and he'd gladly use his paycheck for welfare payments when the families coming over can't get jobs. He was as arrogant as one might expect!

PLEASE EVERYBODY GET ON THE PHONES--THEY ARE ON THE DEFENSIVE BIGTIME!!!!!

All can be reached at (202)-224-3121, too.

WMC

We can't ACCESS THE BILL because the Lobbyists & Chamber of Commerce is writing it as we speak!!!!
    Just looked up on web:http://www.lecet.org/Legislative/how...ecomesalaw.htm

Introducing A Bill
    Ideals for bills come from many sources: constituents, the President, lobbyists or Congressional staff. Any Senator or Representative may introduce a bill. After a bill has been written or "drafted," the Member introduces it formally by presenting it to the House or Senate clerk when Congress is in session. In the House, the bill is placed in the "hopper" at the desk of the Clerk; the sponsor of the bill may or may not make a special statement about the bill when it is introduced. In the Senate, the bill may be presented to the Clerk or the Senator may make a formal statement from the Senate floor to introduce it.

Usually, work on a bill begins in a subcommittee. The subcommittee chair calls hearings to learn more about the effects of the proposed legislation and also to find out who supports and opposes the bill. A record of the hearing is published (available to the public through the Goverment Printing Office). After hearings, the subcommittee will start "marking up" or rewriting the bill. If the subcommittee votes its approval, the "marked up" bill is sent to the full committee for its consideration. The full committee must then approve the bill, usually after marking it up again.

Kinda hard to mark up or rewrite the unwritten.

This bill was brought to the Senate Judiciary WITHOUT being written?
    Think about this folks............a BILL was sent to the American Senate Judiciary UNWRITTEN?!
    Maybe this gives them the opportunity to say we're "trying" to do something (right or WRONG) but...or maybe it's just that...

NEWS FLASH
    the Chamber of Commerce and hispanic LOBBYISTS are writing this legislation as we speak
    I think "hispanic LOBBYISTS" being the key. I don't think it will include deportation.

Introducing A Bill
    Ideals for bills come from many sources: constituents, the President, lobbyists or Congressional staff. Any Senator or Representative may introduce a bill. After a bill has been written or "drafted," the Member introduces it formally by presenting it to the House or Senate clerk when Congress is in session. In the House, the bill is placed in the "hopper" at the desk of the Clerk; the sponsor of the bill may or may not make a special statement about the bill when it is introduced. In the Senate, the bill may be presented to the Clerk or the Senator may make a formal statement from the Senate floor to introduce it.
    Correct
    NO DRAFT AVAILABLE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast