Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senator Tom DeLay: ROUND UP ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS

Friday, Aug. 5, 2005 8:49 p.m. EDT
    DeLay: Round Up Illegal Immigrants

House Majority Leader Tom DeLay urged Texas police Thursday night to begin rounding up illegal immigrants, and said he backed legislation that would cut off federal funds to cities that don't enforce U.S. immigration laws.

Speaking to a gathering of Fort Bend County, Texas Republicans, DeLay said that if police rounded up illegals, the federal government would find places to house them.

In quotes picked up by the Houston Chronicle, the top Republican urged: "If you pick up 50 or 100 of them, you can call the National Guard."
    As for housing, DeLay said: "Put them in tents."

He noted that until now, even the federal government has not rounded up illegal immigrants in U.S. cities, because federal agents had no place to detain them. The situation is changing, however, under the new leadership at the Department of Homeland Security, he said.

DeLay emphasized that he's a strong supporter of legal immigration. But he opposes educating illegal immigrants using U.S. tax dollars or having their U.S.-born children automatically become American citizens.

According to the Chronicle, he blasted Houston city officials for their lax attitude toward illegal immigration, saying, "It greatly concerns me that the police chief in Houston, Texas, has created a sanctuary in Houston by announcing that he is not going to enforce our laws."

DeLay said he supported legislation introduced by Rep. Tom Tancredo that would withhold federal funding from cities like Houston that ignore federal immigration regulations.

Other big city governments, including New York City, that do not enforce immigration laws and would presumably also be at risk to have federal subsidies yanked under the provision supported by DeLay.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005 ... 5249.shtml
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You've got my vote, Senator DeLay.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize this is the second part to the other article
    It appeared to be secondary news to the first article.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Hear Ye!

There are TWO, I REPEAT TWO (2) SANE, INTELLIGENT, GOOD LEADERS IN WASHINGTON!!!!

TOM TANCREDO AND TOM DELAY

They're using their eyes TO SEE, and their ears TO HEAR

THEY HEAR YOU AMERICA

THEY SEE WHAT IS HAPPENING TO OUR COUNTRY

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Maybe I seem very optimistic, but if you had the day I had today where I live, you would understand why I am overjoyed to read this. If I'm too jubliant, I'm sure those of you who are skeptical of this will tell me. I realize he voted Yes for CAFTA...why this hard talk I don't know. If it is a ploy....today I'll even take a ploy. I'm at LEAST happy to hear stronger words coming from Washington. I don't care who says them....just keep saying them.

WOWIE ZOWIE!!

LegalUSCitizen, this is an outstanding development. The Majority Leader of the House of Representatives saying enforce the law in your cities or lose your federal funding. DeLay supporting Tomcredo...this is HUGE NEWS!! Delay criticizng that mess in Houston....this is HUGE NEWS!!

The Tide is Turning, ALIPAC!!

Keep up the Heat!!

THIS IS BIG!!!

We all need to write Delay and encourage him to STAND TALL WITH TANCREDO!!

Thanks LegalUSCitizen!!

We needed this one.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: Senator Tom DeLay: ROUND UP ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    Friday, Aug. 5, 2005 8:49 p.m. EDT
    DeLay: Round Up Illegal Immigrants

House Majority Leader Tom DeLay urged Texas police Thursday night to begin rounding up illegal immigrants, and said he backed legislation that would cut off federal funds to cities that don't enforce U.S. immigration laws.

Speaking to a gathering of Fort Bend County, Texas Republicans, DeLay said that if police rounded up illegals, the federal government would find places to house them.

In quotes picked up by the Houston Chronicle, the top Republican urged: "If you pick up 50 or 100 of them, you can call the National Guard."
    As for housing, DeLay said: "Put them in tents."

He noted that until now, even the federal government has not rounded up illegal immigrants in U.S. cities, because federal agents had no place to detain them. The situation is changing, however, under the new leadership at the Department of Homeland Security, he said.

DeLay emphasized that he's a strong supporter of legal immigration. But he opposes educating illegal immigrants using U.S. tax dollars or having their U.S.-born children automatically become American citizens.

According to the Chronicle, he blasted Houston city officials for their lax attitude toward illegal immigration, saying, "It greatly concerns me that the police chief in Houston, Texas, has created a sanctuary in Houston by announcing that he is not going to enforce our laws."

DeLay said he supported legislation introduced by Rep. Tom Tancredo that would withhold federal funding from cities like Houston that ignore federal immigration regulations.

Other big city governments, including New York City, that do not enforce immigration laws and would presumably also be at risk to have federal subsidies yanked under the provision supported by DeLay.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005 ... 5249.shtml
    With all of the recent "Base Closings" we should have plenty of room to hold these Illegals..This man;Sheriff Joe Arpaio"THE MARICOPA ARIZONA COUNTY SHERIFF" has the right ideas to keep cost low.

This is ASTONISHING news! I don't usually agree with Delay but I sure agree on this issue. MAYBE this is the break that we need to push forward.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I ask, "why detain them?"

Deport them within 24 hours. Keep Immigration Judges on duty like Magistrates 24 hours a day. No papers, No Stay. Sit on the bench until the bus arrives and off you go.

Seal the border so they can't get back in.

I think we have about 389 miles of border in Arizona about 100 miles of border in California and maybe 600 miles of border in Texas?

Lets say there's 2,000 miles of border from Texas to California.

We should be able to seal that southern border with 20,000 properly equipped agents or troops tight as a drum.

That's a pittance compared to the total number of federal employees we have. That's a pittance compared to the total expenditures of the US Government. It will pay for itself in 6 months.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Of course, it would pay for itself almost immediately BUT, when the President allocates funds in his budget for only 200 agents, where are we going to get the people to do the job? And, with our National Guard protecting Iraq's borders while our borders look like a sieve, where do we get the resources we need? WHY do we have a "National" Guard? My understanding of the National Guard was that it was established to protect OUR HOMELAND but it sure isn't working out that way, is it? We are going to be in such a mess because of Iraq that we will NEVER recover. They can't recruit enough people who are willing to go over there and get blown up in vehicles that are so poorly armored that they can't withstand those IED's and, if I were a parent of a young person, I would NEVER sit back and agree for them to join up. It is a death wish if you ask me.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

You're right Bootsie. The National Guard has two missions, a State Mission and a Federal Mission. Any Governor with the balls to do it can activate the National Guard in 2 minutes and have Troops on the Borders in 6 hours.

It's really that simple.

BUT, once again, new recruits can watch a border, operate a cell phone, learn to work a two-way radio, spot a person coming across the border, fire three warning shots, and if they don't turn back....well....bang bang!!

I will guarantee you--IF the National Guard would agree to sign a contract--an irrevocable CONTRACT--with American young people assuring them that their ONLY job would be to guard OUR border, we would see a tremendous spike in recruitment. Only problem is that they are beginning to see that you can't trust the government to abide by ANY contract.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast