Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hi, i'm also looking for them, (the honest polititians) sometimes like now it's better not to vote, in my district I have Debora Wasserman Schultz, no challenger(the worst grade according to NumbersUSA, for senator the only one as FAIR said is dr. Noha, I don't know how much can i trust her, i sent her an e-mail and no answer, for governor ALIPAC is supporting I think Gallagher (ihave to check again)I don't think neither of them have chance. Bush was such a deception that the only think i would like to see is his impeachment, you cannot destroy a country like this and be unpunished. This remainds me the great civilizations like the Egiptians, Greeks, Romans,France,Germany.....there was always somebody crazy enogh to destroy them.
    They talk about a country of immigrants, what country in the whole world is not? The Spanish conquered whole latin America, Portugal conquered Brasil, even Europe you have all history of invasions conquests.
    This dosen't mean we have to deny our coulture in favor of those who don't care for it, envy us and want to destroy our way .

Quote Originally Posted by minnie
    Bush was such a deception that the only think i would like to see is his impeachment, you cannot destroy a country like this and be unpunished. This remainds me the great civilizations like the Egiptians, Greeks, Romans,France,Germany.....there was always somebody crazy enogh to destroy them.

They talk about a country of immigrants, what country in the whole world is not? The Spanish conquered whole latin America, Portugal conquered Brasil, even Europe you have all history of invasions conquests.
    This dosen't mean we have to deny our coulture in favor of those who don't care for it, envy us and want to destroy our way .
    I did sign a petition for congress to impeach Bush. Here is the link:

http://www.impeachbush.org/site/PageServer

I completely agree with you. I'm a member of the Cheyenne nation. We lost that war and that was that. We all moved on and became American citizens and follow the laws of the land. We retain our culture in our homes and at PowWows. But, first and forement, we are American citizens. I don't like to be referred to as a Native American -- If someone has to refer to me in the "hyphenated-American" style, I personally, prefer, American Indian or American Native.

In my mind, the word you choose first is how you really see yourself. How often do you hear - I"m a Polish-American, or an English-American? I don't know that I ever have. Are people so confused about their identify that they have to bring up their heritage?

You couldn't be more right about anything CheyenneWoman. But there is no shame in your heritage. Be proud of who you are. My ancestors were who they were. English, Irish, German & Normans.
    I consider myself an American because I was born and raised here. I fly the US flag because I am proud of who I am and of my country. I am not an immigrant like Bush wants to lead all of us to believe we are. When you're born in a country, you belong to that country. (If you don't believe it just ask these illegals who came over here just to have their kids)
    All kidding aside, be proud of who you are. Call yourself what ever you want to call yourself............just be yourself. Don't take peer pressure from anyone. You owe it to yourself to be proud of who you are.
    You don't owe anyone else any explainations.
    You're an American..........I'm glad to meet you and proud to call you sister. You're Cheyenne.........I'm glad to meet you and proud to call you sister. My husband is part Croatan Indian. They are the ones that met the first settlers that came to this country. There is rumors that the Croatan were cannibals and that is what happened to the settlers. Now you can't get much worse than that, but he has never let that bother him. He's an American.
    END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009

Amen, Ruth,

Yes, we need to know history, but it's in the past and can't be changed...the future hasn't arrived...so what we have is right now.

We each need to be able to be proud of how WE live and are. For example, I know that the reason my Lithuanian ancestors were executed by the Russians is that they were so high up in gov't that they were considered dangerous. (No, I don't know what level. It would be in the investigation the gov't did so my uncle could get his clearance, but I really don't care.) The rest of my ancestors were Scot, and German. And I have no idea about their backgrounds except that they were here pre-1900. For all I know, somewhere way in my history there were horse thiefs....??? I just don't know and it doesn't matter.

I'm AMERICAN, born and bred. And proud to say so! I've tried hard to lead a decent life. That's what matters.

Have a good Independence Day, everyone!!!

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=33327
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123