Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

``But the key change that we need to focus on is to make sure that we can influence the outcome of elections
    And therein lies the real agenda. Obviously what this means is to take control of the country. Can you imagine? If it's anything like every other Latin America nation, they aren't very good at it!! As far as the influence, look at Arizona and the overwhelming vote by Hispanics against illegal immigration. They seem to think they control the Hispanic vote, which is far from the truth. This country has to wake up and do something about voter ID's before all our elections are nothing but fraud!

I imagine those legal people resent having their jobs go to illegals, as was the case at Del Monte, where LEGAL Hispanics lined up for jobs.

I would like to see every LEGAL Hispanic in this country working and accomplishing the American Dream. So take that and stuff it into your RACIST column!! Third-Worlder's cannot UNDERSTAND laws....to them they are just an obstacle to get around. They have NO respect for laws....that's why their countries are in such a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by gofer
    If it's anything like every other Latin America nation, they aren't very good at it!!
    Costa Rica is OK, Argentina is not too bad. But you are right, the rest of Latin America is a basket case. They are still stuck in the 1492 Spanish corrupt feudal system.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Stokey Bob here is that link and article.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/ ... 3625.story

GOP presidential candidates criticized for bypassing Hispanic convention in Miami Beach
    By Tal Abbady | South Florida Sun-Sentinel
    11:05 PM EDT, July 20, 2007

With the presidential primary election season in full swing, some Hispanic activists say the Republican presidential hopefuls' decision to bypass this weekend's National Council of La Raza convention is a political miscalculation

The Hispanic civil rights group invited three Republican candidates to the convention, but they declined, just a month after passing up the gathering in Orlando of the National Association of Latino and Elected Appointed Officials.

"They need to understand that the Latino vote will made a big difference in this election," said La Raza president Janet MurguĂ*a at a recent news conference. Their absence, she added, "sends a message that we're not important now."

GOP presidential candidates to debate in St. Petersburg
    Some Republicans downplayed the Republican candidates' absence at NALEO and La Raza, saying both groups lean Democratic. Gov. Charlie Crist, who was at the Orlando meeting, will also be at La Raza's convention in Miami Beach. Democratic presidential contenders Sen. Hillary Clinton of New York and Sen. Barack Obama of Illinois will speak Sunday at La Raza.

"Republicans aren't going to spend a lot of time at those events, but we're not going to slow down at all in our efforts to reach out to Hispanic voters," said state party spokesman Erin Van Sickle.

Campaign spokesmen for Republican presidential candidates Rudy Giuliani and Mitt Romney cited scheduling conflicts, but both have launched Hispanic outreach campaigns and placed Hispanics in key leadership positions. Arizona Sen. John McCain's campaign did not respond to requests for information.

Though nationally Hispanics tend to vote for Democrats, Republicans have an advantage among Hispanics in Florida. In October 2006, Hispanic Republicans numbered 414,185 in Florida, compared to 369,902 Hispanic Democrats, according to the state Division of Elections. Most are concentrated in Miami-Dade County, with 257,690 Hispanic Republicans and 131,805 Hispanic Democrats.

Registered Hispanic Democrats outnumber Republicans in Broward and Palm Beach counties. Broward's Hispanic Democrats total 44,009, compared to 31,860 Hispanic Republicans. Palm Beach County has 17,632 Hispanic Democrats and 11,961 Hispanic Republicans. Unaffiliated Hispanic voters total 312,881 in the state.

Republican Party and campaign officials say their party recognized the growing influence of Hispanic voters, a group President Bush successfully courted in his re-election campaign.

State party officials say they're moving beyond their traditional Hispanic support base in South Florida — Cuban Americans in Miami-Dade County — to recruit non-Cuban Hispanics, unaffiliated voters and new citizens. "Many of these immigrants fled their countries because they didn't have the freedoms we have here," said Cuban-American Cindy Guerra, the top lawyer in Attorney General Bill McCollum's South Florida office who recently was appointed vice chairwoman of the Broward Republican Party. "Once they hear our message about less taxes, less government and more freedom, they will naturally want to register Republican."

Earlier this month, Giuliani named Hialeah Mayor Julio Robaina as national co-chairman of Mayors for Rudy and co-chair of his Florida campaign. Panamanian-born Raul Romero, chief executive of Alliance Consulting in Washington, D.C, and the architect of President Bush's Hispanic outreach in 2000 and 2004, will also lead Giuliani's national Latinos for Rudy campaign.

"He led a city similar to South Florida in its demographics and understands the trials of immigrants," said Robaina, the son of Cuban refugees. "Immigrants are a big voting bloc. We're going to be sensitive to how those who don't have their paperwork are treated."

Al Cardenas, former chair of the Republican Party of Florida and national chair of Romney's Hispanic leadership team, said Bush set an important precedent for Republicans in 2004, when he won 40 percent of the Hispanic vote.

"Democrats and many in the press have been auguring a bad time for Republicans and Hispanics, but we've made meaningful gains since 1980," Cardenas said.

Despite those efforts, Democrats say Republicans are afraid of alienating the party's conservative wing so soon after the defeat of the immigration overhaul bill, co-sponsored by McCain. Giuliani and Romney criticized the bill.

"The view out there among some conservatives is that when immigrants come into this country, they don't become Americans, they become an immigrant enclave," said Mark Romero, vice president of the Broward County Democratic Hispanic Caucus. "That's the rhetoric Republicans have been using."

Some say anti-immigration voices within the party could erode Hispanic Republican support. Days before the bill's defeat, the Republican Party of Palm Beach County issued a press release urging legislators to withhold support for any immigration bill until a constitutional amendment establishing English as the official language of the United States is passed, among other measures. The statement sparked an outcry among Hispanic activists.

"Republicans are going to have a problem overcoming the angry voices of conservative talk radio," said Mike Rodriguez, executive director of the Palm Beach Hispanic Democratic Caucus. "With all the xenophobic messages out there, Hispanics will start asking themselves if the party really stands for their best interests."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I keep hearing about advancing civil rights, etc. Somebody please tell me why they don't have equal civil rights. I haven't seen any occasion where anyone has not had equal opportunity and treatment. It seems people bend over backwards to hire minorities. Preferences are given in hiring , education, and a slew of entitlements. Even illegal aliens are treated to banking, education, etc. What's all this talk about civil rights??? I never hear any specifics!

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    swatchick[/b]]Stokey Bob here is that link and article.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/ ... 3625.story

Thanks.

I missed that one.

I've got a comment posted in it now.

You can see the frustration of the people in those comments.

Quote Originally Posted by gofer
    I keep hearing about advancing civil rights, etc. Somebody please tell me why they don't have equal civil rights. I haven't seen any occasion where anyone has not had equal opportunity and treatment. It seems people bend over backwards to hire minorities. Preferences are given in hiring , education, and a slew of entitlements. Even illegal aliens are treated to banking, education, etc. What's all this talk about civil rights??? I never hear any specifics!
    They continue their sad delusion attempt at mocking the American civil rights movement. What they fail to realize is once again the key word: AMERICAN. Blacks have always been citizens fighting for equal rights while illegal aliens are FOREIGNERS only entitled to human rights in AMERICA, yet they continue to twist the situation to condone their pathetically delusional behavior and demands.

Similarities:

Blaming White Americans for disliking/racism against brown people while ignoring the fact that most African Americans don't want illegals being here either;

Elvira Arellano: "The Rosa Parks of the Latino Civil Rights Movement"

LaRaza, LuLac, the endless list of "Latino Civil Rights Movements"

Voters Right Drives: To empower "their Race".

"Civil Rights Marches"

Problem: THE MAJORITY ARE NOT HERE LEGALLY
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO BE RACIST AGAINST HISPANICS. HISPANIC IS NOT A RACE BUT AN ETHNICITY. SO APPLYING THE "RACIST" CARD IN THIS CASE HAS NO MEANING.

HISPANICS ARE CAUCASIAN (SPANISH) AND MONGOLOID (NATIVE NORTH AMERICAN). SO IF HISPANICS ARE BEING TARGETED AS THEY CLAIM....THEN CALLING EVERYONE RACIST IS JUST AN EMOTIONAL KNEE JERK REACTION. IF HISPANICS ARE BEING TARGETED SOLELY ON THE BASIS OF THEIR ETHNICITY, THEN THEIR ATTACKERS WOULD HAVE TO BE ETHNICISTS.

THEY ARE JUST SHOUTING "RACIST" BECAUSE OF THE IMPACT THEY THINK IT HAS. BUT I THINK THEY ARE WASTING ENERGY WITH THIS INSTEAD OF FACING THE REALITY THAT THERE ARE TOO MANY ILLEGALS IN THIS COUNTRY. MOST ARE HISPANIC. AND THEY ARE SINKING THE BOAT. THIS IS WHAT THEY DONT WANT TO FACE.

THEY ARE IN DENIAL ABOUT BEING A PART OF THIS COUNTRY. IT IS THE HISPANIC THAT CHOOSES TO REMAIN SEPARATE FROM OUR SOCIETY. AND IF THEY KEEP THEMSELVES SEPARATE, THEN THEY WILL BE SEPARATE BY THEIR CHOOSING. HISPANICS ARE IN DENIAL ABOUT THEIR ROLE IN THIS PICTURE.

Oppenheimer

I emailed oppenheimer this afternoon with my thoughts on his article.He emailed me back shortly and asked me to put my comment on his blogspot,which I have not yet done but there are several comments about this story on his blog.If you have not been to his blog I think you should take a peak..

www.andresoppenheimer.blogspot.com
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO BE RACIST AGAINST HISPANICS. HISPANIC IS NOT A RACE BUT AN ETHNICITY. SO APPLYING THE "RACIST" CARD IN THIS CASE HAS NO MEANING.

HISPANICS ARE CAUCASIAN (SPANISH) AND MONGOLOID (NATIVE NORTH AMERICAN). SO IF HISPANICS ARE BEING TARGETED AS THEY CLAIM....THEN CALLING EVERYONE RACIST IS JUST AN EMOTIONAL KNEE JERK REACTION. IF HISPANICS ARE BEING TARGETED SOLELY ON THE BASIS OF THEIR ETHNICITY, THEN THEIR ATTACKERS WOULD HAVE TO BE ETHNICISTS.

THEY ARE JUST SHOUTING "RACIST" BECAUSE OF THE IMPACT THEY THINK IT HAS. BUT I THINK THEY ARE WASTING ENERGY WITH THIS INSTEAD OF FACING THE REALITY THAT THERE ARE TOO MANY ILLEGALS IN THIS COUNTRY. MOST ARE HISPANIC. AND THEY ARE SINKING THE BOAT. THIS IS WHAT THEY DONT WANT TO FACE.

THEY ARE IN DENIAL ABOUT BEING A PART OF THIS COUNTRY. IT IS THE HISPANIC THAT CHOOSES TO REMAIN SEPARATE FROM OUR SOCIETY. AND IF THEY KEEP THEMSELVES SEPARATE, THEN THEY WILL BE SEPARATE BY THEIR CHOOSING. HISPANICS ARE IN DENIAL ABOUT THEIR ROLE IN THIS PICTURE.
    This is a profound statement and the exact truth which I will be remembering when I need a comeback.Thanks RedPony
    I wish you would post this on Oppenheimers blogspot.

One of my closest friends is spanish castillian (sp) she has blond hair & blue eye..
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast