Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

" A large part of their community is Latino"! SO WHAT!!!!

Since when are they the chosen ones!!! If they can't assimilate and speak OUR language, they don't belong here. We are not building a tower of Babel for other ethnicities! And Latinos are the ONLY ones whining and complaining about speaking English!

What would happen if all retailers simply stopped putting up signs in Spanish? No explanations are necessary...English would be implicit! Are they really afraid that the illegals would stop shopping at Target or wherever??? I'm sick of the way these third worlders are coddled! Whose country is this, anyway???? Ooops, don't answer that!

We all need to send letters to Target headquarters...praising them for their decision in DC!

Since when are they the chosen ones!!! If they can't assimilate and speak OUR language, they don't belong here. We are not building a tower of Babel for other ethnicities! And Latinos are the ONLY ones whining and complaining about speaking English!

Let's be fair here. You see, we don't need signs in Chinese, Farsi or Vietnamese, etc because their languages are so similar. Spanish is so very different it would require a genius to learn English. Hmmm..... if it's a "Latino" community, can't we agree on Latin?

fedupinwaukegan wrote

https://sites.target.com/site/en/spot/p ... tid=405550

TARGET.COM Hours of Operation (PST): 24/7
    1-800-591-3869 or 1-888-304-4000
    E-mail Form
    Thank you for the numbers. I am on the phone now with a real person asking if this will be a new national policy I hope. I am on hold while she checks. Okay, she is back. They do not have the information there, but she says to write to:

Target Corp.

1000 Nichollet Mall
    Minneapolis, MN 55403

Please call as they take comments. Write if you want a written response back. I asked for a phone number to the Corporation and she could not supply it.

Ephesians 4:32
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JAK
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupinwaukegan
    https://sites.target.com/site/en/spot/page.jsp;jsessionid=2QOGJPILOX1D3LARAAV5YAQ?title= legal_contact_us&_requestid=405550

TARGET.COM Hours of Operation (PST): 24/7
    1-800-591-3869 or 1-888-304-4000
    E-mail Form

I'm going to thank them! Maybe they'll do the same for my local Target.
    TARGET gets an in my book! ! ! !
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JAK
    Emailed Target, even sent them the link to this thread!!! They need to know Americans appreciate them for their stand on this issue. Am also sending this thread to all of my contacts!!! Maybe we will encourage them to do the same!!!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

While I don't often frequent Target, my last experience there really opened my eyes to how bad things are really getting even in PA.....I was looking for large, cellophane basket bags (the kind to wrap Easter baskets in...) and stopped to ask an "associate".....she did not understand a word I said...she obviously only spoke Spanish and was flustered that I asked her a question. She told me in broken English and some Spanish that the garbage bags were in another aisle. I realized that it would be too time-consuming to explain what I was really looking for (as well as really frustrating...I refused to speak to her in Spanish) .....I eventually found the items myself. But, I wrote a note to the mgt regarding that "associate". I hope they pull her off floor duty. She has no business working there if she can't communicate basic information about the location of merchandise in the stores in ENGLISH.

Quote Originally Posted by legalatina
    While I don't often frequent Target, my last experience there really opened my eyes to how bad things are really getting even in PA.....I was looking for large, cellophane basket bags (the kind to wrap Easter baskets in...) and stopped to ask an "associate".....she did not understand a word I said...she obviously only spoke Spanish and was flustered that I asked her a question. She told me in broken English and some Spanish that the garbage bags were in another aisle. I realized that it would be too time-consuming to explain what I was really looking for (as well as really frustrating...I refused to speak to her in Spanish) .....I eventually found the items myself. But, I wrote a note to the mgt regarding that "associate". I hope they pull her off floor duty. She has no business working there if she can't communicate basic information about the location of merchandise in the stores in ENGLISH.
    I agree with you legalatina as I have had a similiar experience at a Target here in So Cal.

While I commend and support Targets stance thus far (sent them an e-mail in support), I want to see if Target will stick to their principles despite the public outcry (hispanic outcry) for them to use signs in Spanish. That will be the true test.

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    I agree with you legalatina as I have had a similiar experience at a Target here in So Cal.

While I commend and support Targets stance thus far (sent them an e-mail in support), I want to see if Target will stick to their principles despite the public outcry (hispanic outcry) for them to use signs in Spanish. That will be the true test.
    What makes these IA so special? That they break laws, have babies they can't afford? Leech off social services and education plus keep our prisons full and courts flooded? That they seem to think they deserve signs to cater to them because they insist and demand when they have no rights? They need to be put in their place and the PC machine needs to put up a sign OUT OF ORDER...

I had to run into the Target in Culver City today...and Saturday's is the absolute worst! When I arrived 4 police officers were handcuffing an entire family of hispanics for shoplifting, and rifling through all of their belongings...that was right out in front of the door. Upon entering, all I could here was kids screaming and crying, parents yelling at them in Spanish, and not ONE word of English anywhere!

I rushed through the store because it was such an unpleasant experience; but, thankfully, most of the cashiers were Black...what a relief! I think I would have exploded if the cashiers couldn't speak English.

Oh, and yes...all the signage was bilingual!

The LAST time I went to a Walmart in the Lehigh Valley, I encountered the same problem. That store was not familiar to me, so I asked several associates where I could find certain items and they could BARELY speak English. I walked up to the middle aisle in front of the registers and HOLLERED "HEY! DOES ANYONE HERE SPEAK ENGLISH?!?!?!" The assistant manager comes running to see what the problem is and I told her. By this time there's a crowd listening in. She smiles at me, turns to one worker and, in Spanish, tells her to "take this effing white bitch (meaning me)..to the garden center. I asked her if I could speak to the manager to tell him/her what a help she had been and she gets the manager.

Well, when the manager comes over, I proceed to repeat to him exactly what she had said to her employee! The look on her face was priceless, she had ASSUMED I did not speak or understand Spanish, because I insisted on English. The crowd had gotten bigger. I asked the manager if this was how Walmart treated English speaking customers, because if it was I would leave and never shop there again. He didn't know what to do. I proceeded to tell him that I would never be comfortable in a store where the employees spoke a foreign language around customers. I told him it was rude and offensive. I have never set foot in any Walmart since then.
    "

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast