Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMe
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    I followed the link to the original story which has a comments section. I gather Tennessee may have an issue with illegal invaders and those who support them...
    This comment caught my eye!

Liquidmicro :
    "The police dept. in her town clearly violated the law."

Actually, they did not. What ensued, as tragic as it was, was not against the law either.

Driving without a license in Tennessee is a Class B Misdemeanor ($500 fine and/or 6 months in jail). When the officer ran her name (from a Matricular Card, she had no form of U.S. documentation other than a vehicle registration not in her name) it came back with a Federal Deportation order from 1996, thus because the officer is 287(g), he arrested her for an outstanding deportation order.
    There you go! She's demonstrated she wouldn't appear. No sympathy here; Deport! Deport! Deport!

I just posted these comments. I wonder if they'll be posted without significant editing...

Although it's a sad story, it illustrates the importance of personal responsibility (and the lack of practicing it) in today's society. For example:

Mrs. DeLaPaz chose to stay in this country after she was ordered to leave.

She decided to stay in open defiance of the law.

She was aware that staying made her a fugitive.

She still decided to stay.

She was aware that having a child here created the possibility of separation.

Instead of leaving to prevent that possibility, she instead decided to have three more children.

She was aware it was against the law to drive without a license.

She decided to drive anyway.

She was aware that, if she were caught, an arrest would ensue.

She decided to drive anyway, only days before the birth.

Without getting into any specifics about immigration reform, I might ask, where is this woman's sense of personal responsibility?

Now, I'm not taliking about a responsibility to feed one's family or to build a better life. I'm talking about openly entering situations where a disastrous outcome isn't only possible, but very likely?

What about the other drivers on the road who risked their lives every time she drove?

What about the children put in harm's way over their mother's decision to defy the law?

What about the taxpayers who undoubtedly subsidize a good piece of her children's health care and education?

Haven't taxpaying, law abiding citizens paid enough of their own dues (and those of others) to warrant first consideration?

Why does this story absolve Mrs. DeLaPaz of any and all personal responsibility while chastising law enforcement for following the established rule of law?

If Mrs. DeLaPaz had respected the rule of law (something demanded of all citizens) any potential mistreatment and inconvenience would have been prevented before it could happen. "Pointing the finger" at everyone else for following the law would be best balanced by first pointing it in the mirror.

cayla99 wrote:
    This is a shocker folks, I basically copied and pasted my original post from here, with a few minor modifications. When I got the blurb that it would be posted after editors approval, I just knew there was not a chance in hell, I was wrong, they actually posted it! I will give minor credit points to this site for doing so.
    Cayla, it was a wonderful dissemination

More outrage...

Of all the inhumanity and devastation heaped upon immigrant families by Metro Nashville’s 287g deportation program, the very worst has been leveled this week against a pregnant woman pulled over, handcuffed and forced to have her baby under custody.

Then, to add insult to this grevious injury, the infant was taken from its mother’s arms as she was taken back to jail.

If this is not enough of an outrage for Nashvillians to finally speak up and demand the end to this punitive program, then let the heavens fall on each of us. … for we have deserted the God we believe in and a nation of fairness and family values we cherish.

Here is all that Juana Villegas DeLaPaz did wrong in the 2800 block of Bransford, according to one advocate:

“She was pulled over by the Berry Hill Police Department as she left a prenatal clinic. She had her three other children with her. She showed a current car registration but had no license. She also showed a matricular card.

“ The police asked her to call someone who could come and drive them and the car home. She called her husband's brother, he came, spoke to police, and then was ready to drive the car home when the cop decided that the pregnant mom was going to jail. He handcuffed her and drove her to jail. Another cop who was nearby … came to speak with the uncle after the mom was driven away.

“The cop said he would have never arrested her, and that it was wrong to arrest her. But that he couldn't do anything about it.â€
    287(g) + e-verify + SSN no match = Attrition through enforcement

Tell Sheriff Hall and Congressman Cooper to stop the 287g program in Nashville, lest more mothers be handcuffed outside of prenatal clinics and more newborns ripped from their arms

Oh, enough already. Nobody RIPPED a newborn out of anyone's arms. Why don't they cut the dramatics and stick to the facts?

Maybe these "mothers" should think twice before committing criminal acts to begin with and then having the unmitigated gall to bring innocent children into that lifestyle with them?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sheriff Hall sold the program to Nashville about two years ago, promising to only go after undocumented criminals who were a threat to each of us. Instead, he has assisted in deporting more than 3,000 heads of households -- the vast majority having no criminal record at all. The only threat they pose is to Hall's re-election.

hmmm...tell me again HOW illegal aliens POSE A THREAT TO SOMEONE'S RE-ELECTION WHEN THEY ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO VOTE????

Perhaps there's some 'election manipulation' in TN?

Quote Originally Posted by florgal
    Sheriff Hall sold the program to Nashville about two years ago, promising to only go after undocumented criminals who were a threat to each of us. Instead, he has assisted in deporting more than 3,000 heads of households -- the vast majority having no criminal record at all. The only threat they pose is to Hall's re-election.

hmmm...tell me again HOW illegal aliens POSE A THREAT TO SOMEONE'S RE-ELECTION WHEN THEY ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO VOTE????

Perhaps there's some 'election manipulation' in TN?
    Why not, they do it every where else.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I get so disgusted with these people using childbirth and motherhood as excuses for special treatment, as if their birth process is somehow so much more special and an event incompariable to that of any other woman.

They are IAs breeding recklessly on our dime, not holy mothers bringing forth the divine, for Pete's sake.

That cracked me up. Not to mention, as a white woman...I'm tired of how these other women seem to "birth better" than we do. LOL They "birth better" yet they are more special.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is how the dates are posted on this site:

Posted on 13 de Julio 2008 21:48

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    I get so disgusted with these people using childbirth and motherhood as excuses for special treatment, as if their birth process is somehow so much more special and an event incompariable to that of any other woman.

They are IAs breeding recklessly on our dime, not holy mothers bringing forth the divine, for Pete's sake.

That cracked me up. Not to mention, as a white woman...I'm tired of how these other women seem to "birth better" than we do. LOL They "birth better" yet they are more special.

LOL

Exactly what does "birth better" mean exactly? I've been there....four times.....and thought my births went pretty much in accordance to the universally accepted method and process as I understand it.

But of course, being white, I could be mistaken.........

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast