Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Exactly what does "birth better" mean exactly? I've been there....four times.....and thought my births went pretty much in accordance to the universally accepted method and process as I understand it.

But of course, being white, I could be mistaken.........
    LOL....just like everything I learned as well. Even according to movies I saw. They didn't give details on what was considered "better". What could be "better" than successfully delivering with no problems and mother and child both healthy and doing fine?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just posted these comments. I wonder if they'll be posted without significant editing...

Although it's a sad story, it illustrates the importance of personal responsibility (and the lack of practicing it) in today's society. For example:

Mrs. DeLaPaz chose to stay in this country after she was ordered to leave.

She decided to stay in open defiance of the law.

She was aware that staying made her a fugitive.

She still decided to stay.

She was aware that having a child here created the possibility of separation.

Instead of leaving to prevent that possibility, she instead decided to have three more children.

She was aware it was against the law to drive without a license.

She decided to drive anyway.

She was aware that, if she were caught, an arrest would ensue.

She decided to drive anyway, only days before the birth.

Without getting into any specifics about immigration reform, I might ask, where is this woman's sense of personal responsibility?

Now, I'm not taliking about a responsibility to feed one's family or to build a better life. I'm talking about openly entering situations where a disastrous outcome isn't only possible, but very likely?

What about the other drivers on the road who risked their lives every time she drove?

What about the children put in harm's way over their mother's decision to defy the law?

What about the taxpayers who undoubtedly subsidize a good piece of her children's health care and education?

Haven't taxpaying, law abiding citizens paid enough of their own dues (and those of others) to warrant first consideration?

Why does this story absolve Mrs. DeLaPaz of any and all personal responsibility while chastising law enforcement for following the established rule of law?

If Mrs. DeLaPaz had respected the rule of law (something demanded of all citizens) any potential mistreatment and inconvenience would have been prevented before it could happen. "Pointing the finger" at everyone else for following the law would be best balanced by first pointing it in the mirror.
    As I suspected, my comment wasn't posted. I didn't put anything offensive, inflammatory or hurtful, but it was still censored. Go figure...

Quote Originally Posted by Squire
    I just posted these comments. I wonder if they'll be posted without significant editing...

Although it's a sad story, it illustrates the importance of personal responsibility (and the lack of practicing it) in today's society. For example:

Mrs. DeLaPaz chose to stay in this country after she was ordered to leave.

She decided to stay in open defiance of the law.

She was aware that staying made her a fugitive.

She still decided to stay.

She was aware that having a child here created the possibility of separation.

Instead of leaving to prevent that possibility, she instead decided to have three more children.

She was aware it was against the law to drive without a license.

She decided to drive anyway.

She was aware that, if she were caught, an arrest would ensue.

She decided to drive anyway, only days before the birth.

Without getting into any specifics about immigration reform, I might ask, where is this woman's sense of personal responsibility?

Now, I'm not taliking about a responsibility to feed one's family or to build a better life. I'm talking about openly entering situations where a disastrous outcome isn't only possible, but very likely?

What about the other drivers on the road who risked their lives every time she drove?

What about the children put in harm's way over their mother's decision to defy the law?

What about the taxpayers who undoubtedly subsidize a good piece of her children's health care and education?

Haven't taxpaying, law abiding citizens paid enough of their own dues (and those of others) to warrant first consideration?

Why does this story absolve Mrs. DeLaPaz of any and all personal responsibility while chastising law enforcement for following the established rule of law?

If Mrs. DeLaPaz had respected the rule of law (something demanded of all citizens) any potential mistreatment and inconvenience would have been prevented before it could happen. "Pointing the finger" at everyone else for following the law would be best balanced by first pointing it in the mirror.
    As I suspected, my comment wasn't posted. I didn't put anything offensive, inflammatory or hurtful, but it was still censored. Go figure...

Ahhh, I see the problem.....you told THE TRUTH Squire.

To illegal aliens and their advocates, the truth is extremely offensive, inflammatory, hurtful, and WILL be censored at all times.

Try a little experiment.....post something just oozing praise and support for this woman and see if it gets posted.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ahhh, I see the problem.....you told THE TRUTH Squire.

To illegal aliens and their advocates, the truth is extremely offensive, inflammatory, hurtful, and WILL be censored at all times.

Try a little experiment.....post something just oozing praise and support for this woman and see if it gets posted.
    LOL, thanks for the vote of confidence AZ! Isn't it funny when the facts are presented without malice or agenda these people have no rebuttal.

Villegas DeLaPaz was arrested, incarcerated and forced to go through labor under armed guard handcuffed to by her wrist and ankle to a hospital bed. When she arrived at the hospital, the nurse asked the accompanying officer to step outside while Villegas DeLaPaz changed into her hospital gown - he refused, forcing Villegas DeLaPaz to unclothe before him. Then she was shackled on her legs whenever she went to the bathroom. The nurse asked that the shackles be removed because she wanted Villegas DeLaPaz to be able to clean up after childbirth and do other hygiene to prevent infection. Again, the attending officer refused. Her newborn was taken from her and did not receive needed breast milk for several days. She was re-jailed and denied a breast pump to express her milk. Nurses attending her were crying. She could not sleep in the jail because of the intense pain from her swollen breasts. She was not allowed to call her family so her husband could be with her for the birth.
    By the police department's own admission, Villegas DeLaPaz endured more days in jail than she should have because of the 4th of July holidays.
    This story is so full of holes I don't even know where to begin. Newsflash-If you DO breast feed or not your breasts will be sore and painful. Mother nature does not know how many babies you had and therefore your breasts will be engorged. For me it was easier to express my milk with my hands than use one of those torture chamber breast pumps(sorry guys but that's the way it is). Speaking of breast feeding it usually takes a couple of days for your milk to come in and many breast fed babies in hospitals are fed formula during their first few days of life.

When I was in middle and late stages of labor I didn't care who saw me naked. I was too busy having the baby to even care. I believe if you talk to any woman who's been in labor(except for illegal aliens making up sob stories) you will find out that they will agree with me.

As to cleaning up with one of my kids I had a C-section and was not allowed to get out of bed. With another I was too weak to get out of bed due to heavy blood loss. Both times the nurses cleaned me up just fine. That is part of their job.

As to the nurses around her crying that sentence has got to get the STUPID SOB award of the year. The way the story is written it sounds like the nurses were sobbing for her at the jail and not in the hospital.

I have an aquaintance who did something against the law and got arrested right before a holiday. Guess what? There have been no sob stories in the newspaper about him having to be in jail longer because it was a holiday. He knew he'd done wrong and accepted the consequences.

too bad the cops didnt nab her a little sooner, so she could'a dropped in her home country. sounds like she got no different a hosp stay than any other jailed pregnany female. my heart bleeds cherry kool-ade.

Driving without a license in Tennessee is a Class B Misdemeanor ($500 fine and/or 6 months in jail). When the officer ran her name (from a Matricular Card, she had no form of U.S. documentation other than a vehicle registration not in her name) it came back with a Federal Deportation order from 1996, thus because the officer is 287(g), he arrested her for an outstanding deportation order.
    The officer didnt do anything wrong. A "Matricular Card" IS NOT A FORM OF ID! And this illegal alien ALREADY HAD A FEDERAL DEPORTATION ORDER from 1996, and who knows how many more under differnt aliases.

Its just too bad that this woman wasnt deported before another "anchor baby" was born.

I wouldnt be surprised if this illegal alien tried to sue.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

She would not make a good legal resident or citizen. She has no shame, she has no responsibility toward her children or the US citizen. She and her children should go. No more excuses, no more shoving the blame on us. Just go and shut up.

Today the NY Times picked up the story...

Immigrant, Pregnant, Is Jailed Under Pact

By JULIA PRESTON
    Published: July 20, 2008
    It started when Juana Villegas, an illegal immigrant from Mexico who was nine months pregnant, was pulled over by a police officer in a Nashville suburb for a routine traffic violation.

Juana Villegas and 2-week-old son in her lawyer’s office Thursday in Nashville. Mother and son had been separated for two days.
    By the time Mrs. Villegas was released from the county jail six days later, she had gone through labor with a sheriff’s officer standing guard in her hospital room, where one of her feet was cuffed to the bed most of the time. County officers barred her from seeing or speaking with her husband.

After she was discharged from the hospital, Mrs. Villegas was separated from her nursing infant for two days and barred from taking a breast pump into the jail, her lawyer and a doctor familiar with the case said. Her breasts became infected, and the newborn boy developed jaundice, they said.

Mrs. Villegas’s arrest has focused new attention on a cooperation agreement signed in April 2007 between federal immigration authorities and Davidson County, which shares a consolidated government with Nashville, that gave immigration enforcement powers to county officers. It is one of 57 agreements, known formally as 287G, that the federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency has signed in the last two years with county and local police departments across the country under a rapidly expanding program.

Nashville officials have praised the agreement as a successful partnership between local and federal government.

“We are able to identify and report individuals who are here illegally and have been charged with a criminal offense, while at the same time remaining a friendly and open city to our new legal residents,â€
    287(g) + e-verify + SSN no match = Attrition through enforcement

because of what local law enforcement subjected her to as she was about to deliver her baby. ... needlessly subjected Villegas DeLaPaz to such emotional terror that it caused her to go into labor.
    Well, which is it? She was already in labor, or they caused her to go into labor? Also, labor happens, usually at the nine month mark, so she was likely to deliver around this point in time anyway. PS, women haivng their FOURTH child are generally better equipped physically to handle the birth, i.e. an easier birthing process because the body has done it before.

She could not sleep in the jail because of the intense pain from her swollen breasts ... endure the next few days of unspeakable treatment.
    Hahaha!! This one cracks me up. I've given birth to 6 children, so I speak with a lot of knowledge on the subject. First of all the breasts don't typically start to engorge until about the 7th day or so. Most people would assume that a "few days" would be 3 or maybe 4 days. Not long enough for her breasts to engorge to the point of being intensely painful.

When she arrived at the hospital, the nurse asked the accompanying officer to step outside while Villegas DeLaPaz changed into her hospital gown - he refused, forcing Villegas DeLaPaz to unclothe before him.
    Well, considering this is her FOURTH child, she should be far from reserved about who's seeing her hoochie while delivering a baby. Whether he was in the room while she changed is irrelevant. He was there in an official capacity, and I believe most police officers are trained in delivering babies (but I could be wrong). Even so, it's likely that the officer has seen a female's reproductive parts at some point in his life. Again, since this is her FOURTH anchor baby, she seems far from shy about herself.

I am not giving in to the illegal alien sob stories, especially when they aren't very well thought out.
    The flag flies at half-mast out of grief for the death of my beautiful, formerly-free America. May God have mercy on your souls.
    RIP USA 7/4/1776 - 11/04/2008

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast