Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TX:Supervisor Asks Woman To Take Down American Flag

Supervisor Asks Woman To Take Down American Flag

Reporting
    Carol Cavazos MANSFIELD (CBS 11 News) ―

Video:
    http://cbs11tv.com/video/?id=42570@ktvt.dayport.com

For one Arlington woman, the answer was "no" after she hung an American flag in her office just before the Memorial Day weekend.

Debbie McLucas is one of four hospital supervisors at Kindred Hospital in Mansfield. Last week, she hung a three-by-five foot American flag in the office she shares with the other supervisors.

When McLucas came to work Friday, her boss told her another supervisor had found her flag offensive. "I was just totally speechless. I was like, 'You're kidding me,'" McLucas said.

McLucas' husband and sons are former military men. Her daughter is currently serving in Iraq as a combat medic.

Stifling a cry, McLucas said, "I just wonder if all those young men and women over there are really doing this for nothing."

McLucas said the supervisor who complained has been in the United States for 14 years and is formerly from Africa. McLucas said the supervisor took down Debbie's flag herself.
    "The flag and the pole had been placed on the floor," McLucas said. But McLucas also said hospital higher ups had told her some patients' families and visitors had also complained.

"I was told it wouldn't matter if it was only one person," she said. "It would have to come down."

McLucas said hospital bosses told her as far as patriotism was concerned, the flag flying outside the hospital building would have to suffice.

Kindred Hospital Corporate Headquarters are located in Kentucky. They have yet to make a final decision on the matter. They have not returned our phone calls for comment.

The Kindred Hospital Corporation was chosen as Fortune's most admired for 2009. McLucas hopes they'll back her patriotism.

"I find it very frightening because if I can't display my flag, what other freedoms will I lose before all is said and done," McLucas asked.

(© MMIX, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

http://cbs11tv.com/local/patriotism.at. ... 20415.html

Kindred Healthcare is a private US Corporation, their stock is listed on the NYSE, they are based in Kentucky.

Paul J. Diaz is the CEO, you can call their headquarters at 800-545-0749 to comment.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Please call the company below and complain. This is America and we should be able to display the American flag. I could understand people being upset if it was a foreign flag - but not an American flag. If people are offended by the American flag then they should not be living here.

Kindred Healthcare
    Corporate Headquarters
    680 South Fourth Street
    Louisville, Kentucky 40202
    502-596-7300
    800-545-0749

e-mail: web_administrator@kindredhealthcare.com

Totally Unbelievable!!!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Unoccupied Southeast Georgia But Not For Much Longer
    And the supervisor supposedly was an immigrant who should be thankful for the freedoms and rights embodied by that flag for which many fought, sacrificed and died and the country that allowed that supervisor to come here for a better life. How many more objected who were illegal aliens with no legal right to be in this country? More of Obama's disdain for this country, it's flag, military, other institutions and symbols as expressed by his followers including illegal aliens. What have we come to?
    There is no freedom without the law. Remember our veterans whose sacrifices allow us to live in freedom.

I'm continually amazed at people who come here to work and live because they lacked freedom/jobs in their own country but yet they resent America. Once they achieve their goals of changing America they will lose what they came here for.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy
    I'm continually amazed at people who come here to work and live because they lacked freedom/jobs in their own country but yet they resent America.
    They are taught that America is responsible for them not having freedom/jobs in their home country! Why do you think Obama "apologized" to the world, it's because he like most leftists believes America has created misery around the world.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"The flag and the pole had been placed on the floor," McLucas said.
    I thought no part of the flag should ever even touch the ground, much less be thrown there.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph
    "The flag and the pole had been placed on the floor," McLucas said.
    I thought no part of the flag should ever even touch the ground, much less be thrown there.
    proper etiquette says any flag touching ground should be burned

I just tried to contact Administration and their voice box is full...So, I called back and got hold of someone and she took my name down for them to call back...
    I let her know just how PISSED I'am at this African making the comment she's offended...I told her they better fire her...

I also wrote corporate and told them what I think....Now, I'm heading back to give them a call...
    What part of illegal don't you understand?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast