Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Kindred says lady may display her flag!

Please note: I had written Kindred Healthcare an email regarding this situation early this morning. This afternoon, I received an email stating that the lady has been asked to re-hang her flag and has done so.

Please email Kindred a note of thanks. Regardless of whether they made the decision to allow her to hang her flag due to us emailing them or not, we should let them know we appreciate it.

More info at my blog www.wwmcneill.com

thanks.

wwmcneill: WELCOME, welcome to ALIPAC.

Thank you for your proactive actions
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by laughinglynx
    Am the only one who thinks we have a TREMENDOUS number of immigrants in this country?
    Part of the problem is they are not adhearing to the quotas because of chain migration of family members.

The flag was 3x5'. How small are these workspaces? Seriously, 3' is the length from the king's had to the king's nose so the armspan of the average human is around 6' or equal to your height. Awful tight quarters if taking up 5' of wall space is a problem. That excuse is just bull.

No, that's not a simple dispute.

Also, Kindred has changed up their press release.

KINDRED HEALTHCARE SUPPORTS THE FLAG AND THE SACRIFICES IT REPRESENTS
    LOUISVILLE, Ky. (May 27, 2009) -- Kindred Healthcare (NYSE: KND) is proud of its history of supporting our employees and their families who have served our country through military service. We are sincerely sorry that one incident between two employees gave the perception that we do not respect the flag or the sacrifice it represents.

It is neither the policy of Kindred Healthcare nor Kindred Hospital Mansfield to restrict the rights of our employees and their expressions of patriotism. This is not in keeping with the spirit and culture of Kindred Healthcare. We routinely celebrate the blessings bestowed upon us by honoring our veterans and active military through a variety of benefits and service programs. The truth is the Mansfield hospital situation has not been described accurately or in its entirety. In fact, both employees involved in the situation have family members who have served in the military.

This issue was simply a dispute between two employees who shared a small workspace, one of whom removed the flag because of its size. It’s important to note that hospital management was not involved in the decision to remove the flag and has since worked with both employees to resolve the situation. We support our employees’ first amendment rights and have invited the employee to rehang her flag.

“We are sorry that this incident occurred,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[i]"About Kindred Healthcare
    Kindred Healthcare, Inc. is a healthcare services company, based in Louisville, Kentucky, with annual revenues of over $4 billion and approximately 54,800 employees in 40 states. At March 31, 2009, Kindred through its subsidiaries provided healthcare services in 661 locations, including 82 long-term acute care hospitals, 228 skilled nursing centers and a contract rehabilitation services business, Peoplefirst rehabilitation services, which served 351 non-affiliated facilities. Ranked first in Fortune magazine’s Most Admired Companies “Health Care: Medical Facilitiesâ€

[quote]About Kindred Healthcare
    Kindred Healthcare, Inc. is a healthcare services company, based in Louisville, Kentucky, with annual revenues of over $4 billion and approximately 54,800 employees in 40 states. At March 31, 2009, Kindred through its subsidiaries provided healthcare services in 661 locations, including 82 long-term acute care hospitals, 228 skilled nursing centers and a contract rehabilitation services business, Peoplefirst rehabilitation services, which served 351 non-affiliated facilities. Ranked first in Fortune magazine’s Most Admired Companies “Health Care: Medical Facilitiesâ€

MW
    We support our employees’ first amendment rights and have invited the employee to rehang her flag.
    American outrage works! Hopefully our outrage at the next amnesty attempt will provide us with a favorable result.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Three Videos

http://cbs11tv.com/video/?id=42570@ktvt.dayport.com

http://cbs11tv.com/video/?id=42610@ktvt.dayport.com

Marines outside of Kindred Hospital last night protesting.
    Protesters outside today!

http://cbs11tv.com/video/?id=42616@ktvt.dayport.com

May 27, 2009 10:53 pm US/Central
    Mansfield Flag Controversy Draws Worldwide Outrage
    Click Here To Watch Our Interview With The Woman At The Center Of The Controversy Reporting
    Carol Cavazos MANSFIELD (CBS 11 News) ―
    Click to enlarge
    CBS

1 of 1
    Close

numSlides of totalImages Related Slideshows Athletes Show Their Sensitive Sides In To Be Out: Gay Celebrities George Bush's Dallas House Real Or Fake? Construction Photos From New Cowboys Stadium Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Visit CBS 11 & TXA 21 Celebs Who Lean To The Right AskMen Names Top 99 Women Of 2009 Hollywood's Hottest New Starlets Is it okay to show your patriotism at the office?

For one Arlington woman, the answer was "no" after she hung an American flag in her office just before the Memorial Day weekend.

Debbie McLucas is one of four hospital supervisors at Kindred Hospital in Mansfield. Last week, she hung a three-by-five foot American flag in the office she shares with the other supervisors.

When McLucas came to work Friday, her boss told her another supervisor had found her flag offensive. "I was just totally speechless. I was like, 'You're kidding me,'" McLucas said.

McLucas' husband and sons are former military men. Her daughter is currently serving in Iraq as a combat medic.

Stifling a cry, McLucas said, "I just wonder if all those young men and women over there are really doing this for nothing."

McLucas said the supervisor who complained has been in the United States for 14 years and is formerly from Africa. McLucas said that supervisor took down the flag herself.

"The flag and the pole had been placed on the floor," McLucas said. But McLucas also said hospital higher-ups had told her some patients' families and visitors had also complained.

"I was told it wouldn't matter if it was only one person," she said. "It would have to come down."

McLucas said hospital bosses told her as far as patriotism was concerned, the flag flying outside the hospital building would have to suffice.

"I find it very frightening because if I can't display my flag," McLucas asked, "whatother freedoms will I lose before all is said and done?"

Kindred Healthcare's corporate headquarters are located in Kentucky. We called them for comment when we were first working on this story Tuesday, but they did not return our calls.

Wednesday morning, however, our story received nationwide attention. We have received hundreds of emails and comments from people who had something to say about it.

Among the supporters was a combat medic in Iraq: Debbie McLucas' daughter, Lillian McLucas Dressig. "My mom is a true hero in my book," she said.

It was midnight in Iraq when she spoke to CBS 11. Talking about the stand her mother took which could have cost her job, Lillian said, "If it's the right thing to do, it's the right thing to do. And, I think we need more people to stand up for what's right in America."

Several dozen people protested outside the Mansfield hospital Wednesday. And a receptionist at Kindred's headquarters told us they received many phone calls.

Then, late Wednesday morning, Kindred posted on its website a statement about the incident. It reads, in part: "The disagreement was over the size of the flag and not what it symbolized. We have invited the employee to put the flag back up."

We talked to McLucas Wednesday afternoon. She says the hospital's local CEO called and apologized. And McLucas says the woman did tell her she could put the flag back up, which she has done.

But she says when she was first told the flag had to go, nobody mentioned anything about its size being the root of the problem.

"At no point was I afforded the opportunity -- [no one said,] 'Hey Deb, could you get a one and a half by three and a half and hang it instead of hanging this three by five?'" McLucas said.

Even so, McLucas says she's happy people have spoken out about the issue. "It's just restored my faith in the American people," she said.

Do you have a comment about this story? Post it on our Facebook page!

http://cbs11tv.com/local/patriotism.at. ... 20415.html

Great video's Dixie...Thanks!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,522659,00.html

main story on fox news front page.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast