Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sent the following message:

Shame on you for your attitude on Mrs McLucas' American flag. You are a disgrace to every member of our military. Quit kissing the backsides of foreigners who have come here and refuse their allegience to our country.

Kindred Hospital - Mansfield
    1802 Highway 157 North
    Mansfield, TX 76063
    Phone: (817) 473-6101
    TX TDD/TTY# 800-735-2988
    Fax: (817) 473-5538

http://www.kindredmansfield.com/BuildPage.asp?Pageid=3
    click "gotta question" to send email

UPDATE below!!

Supervisor Asks Woman To Take Down American Flag
    UPDATE: Hospital Says Woman May Re-Hang Flag (Read More Below) Reporting
    Carol Cavazos MANSFIELD (CBS 11 News) ―
    Click to enlarge
    CBS

For one Arlington woman, the answer was "no" after she hung an American flag in her office just before the Memorial Day weekend.

Debbie McLucas is one of four hospital supervisors at Kindred Hospital in Mansfield. Last week, she hung a three-by-five foot American flag in the office she shares with the other supervisors.

When McLucas came to work Friday, her boss told her another supervisor had found her flag offensive. "I was just totally speechless. I was like, 'You're kidding me,'" McLucas said.

McLucas' husband and sons are former military men. Her daughter is currently serving in Iraq as a combat medic.

Stifling a cry, McLucas said, "I just wonder if all those young men and women over there are really doing this for nothing."

McLucas said the supervisor who complained has been in the United States for 14 years and is formerly from Africa. McLucas said that supervisor took down the flag herself.

"The flag and the pole had been placed on the floor," McLucas said. But McLucas also said hospital higher-ups had told her some patients' families and visitors had also complained.

"I was told it wouldn't matter if it was only one person," she said. "It would have to come down."

McLucas said hospital bosses told her as far as patriotism was concerned, the flag flying outside the hospital building would have to suffice.

"I find it very frightening because if I can't display my flag," McLucas asked, "what other freedoms will I lose before all is said and done?"

Kindred Healthcare's corporate headquarters are located in Kentucky. We called them for comment when we were first working on this story Tuesday, but they did not return our calls.

Update:

Wednesday morning, however, our story received nationwide attention. We have received dozens of emails and comments from people who had something to say about it. And a receptionist at Kindred's headquarters told us they received many phone calls.

Then, late Wednesday morning, Kindred posted on its website a statement about the incident. It reads, in part: "The disagreement was over the size of the flag and not what it symbolized. We have invited the employee to put the flag back up."

We're contacting McLucas for her take on what Kindred said. We'll have that part of the story later today on CBS11TV.com.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    UPDATE below!!

Supervisor Asks Woman To Take Down American Flag
    UPDATE: Hospital Says Woman May Re-Hang Flag (Read More Below) Reporting
    Carol Cavazos MANSFIELD (CBS 11 News) ―
    Click to enlarge
    CBS

For one Arlington woman, the answer was "no" after she hung an American flag in her office just before the Memorial Day weekend.

Debbie McLucas is one of four hospital supervisors at Kindred Hospital in Mansfield. Last week, she hung a three-by-five foot American flag in the office she shares with the other supervisors.

When McLucas came to work Friday, her boss told her another supervisor had found her flag offensive. "I was just totally speechless. I was like, 'You're kidding me,'" McLucas said.

McLucas' husband and sons are former military men. Her daughter is currently serving in Iraq as a combat medic.

Stifling a cry, McLucas said, "I just wonder if all those young men and women over there are really doing this for nothing."

McLucas said the supervisor who complained has been in the United States for 14 years and is formerly from Africa. McLucas said that supervisor took down the flag herself.

"The flag and the pole had been placed on the floor," McLucas said. But McLucas also said hospital higher-ups had told her some patients' families and visitors had also complained.

"I was told it wouldn't matter if it was only one person," she said. "It would have to come down."

McLucas said hospital bosses told her as far as patriotism was concerned, the flag flying outside the hospital building would have to suffice.

"I find it very frightening because if I can't display my flag," McLucas asked, "what other freedoms will I lose before all is said and done?"

Kindred Healthcare's corporate headquarters are located in Kentucky. We called them for comment when we were first working on this story Tuesday, but they did not return our calls.

Update:

Wednesday morning, however, our story received nationwide attention. We have received dozens of emails and comments from people who had something to say about it. And a receptionist at Kindred's headquarters told us they received many phone calls.

Then, late Wednesday morning, Kindred posted on its website a statement about the incident. It reads, in part: "The disagreement was over the size of the flag and not what it symbolized. We have invited the employee to put the flag back up."

We're contacting McLucas for her take on what Kindred said. We'll have that part of the story later today on CBS11TV.com.
    Great news!! I don't think the size of the flag should matter. The bigger the better! I was about to call them, but it looks like you guys already won the battle.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

most flags are 3 by 5 if im not mistaken

in fact i think ill go buy one and hang it on the balcony of my apt

WAY TO GO EVERYONE.....YOU CAN AND DID MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!

we will persevere!!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

What a steaming load of BS, they are just trying to cover their a**, "some patients' families and visitors had also complained" and I am sure it was not about "the size of the flag", unless they want a teeny flag they cannot see from 20 feet away.

I also wonder if that African supervisor is Muslim?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

by the way, im listening to a talk show on KRLD in dallas. a caller called in and said that outside there were people on the front lawn of this hpspital carrying american flags and that apparently even more are showing up as well.

Link to the Press Release, also an option to contact the headquarters on the right.

http://www.kindredhealthcare.com/press/2009-05-27.asp

STATEMENT REGARDING KINDRED HOSPITAL MANSFIELD
    Kindred Hospital Mansfield has a great deal of appreciation for the service that many of our employees and their families have given to their country. We honor our veterans and active military through a variety of benefits and service programs. This was an isolated incident between two employees that we are working to resolve amicably. Both employees have family members who have served in the military. The disagreement was over the size of the flag and not what it symbolized. We have invited the employee to put the flag back up. We share their love of country and we appreciate the service of their family members as well as all members of the armed forces.

About Kindred Healthcare

Kindred Healthcare, Inc. is a healthcare services company, based in Louisville, Kentucky, with annual revenues of over $4 billion and approximately 54,800 employees in 40 states. At March 31, 2009, Kindred through its subsidiaries provided healthcare services in 661 locations, including 82 long-term acute care hospitals, 228 skilled nursing centers and a contract rehabilitation services business, Peoplefirst rehabilitation services, which served 351 non-affiliated facilities. Ranked first in Fortune magazine’s Most Admired Companies “Health Care: Medical Facilitiesâ€

Poll - http://www.krld.com/

Should you be able to hang an American flag at the office?
    Yes
    ( 95% )
    No
    ( 5% )

Express Your Opinion - Call 214-525-7442

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast