Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Wherever you go, there you are

http://www.henryherald.com

Published: February 21, 2006 01:18 am

By Ed Brock

Those among you who have been an immigrant, please raise your hands.

If your hand is up, please put it back on your paper so you can read the rest of this column. I think you’ll be just as amused by this subject as I was.

The subject of the day is the anti-immigration movement.

Allow me to preface this by saying that I realize that there are important immigration issues facing this nation. I am quick to admit that some control is necessary, and I’m also sure that our porous borders pose a security risk.

But that’s why it’s so unfortunate that the xenophobes and bigots in this country are coming out of the woodwork to act just plain silly about the whole thing.

I’ll also admit that my information on these people comes from the Southern Poverty Law Center’s magazine “Intelligence Reportâ€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

That’s right, once again I’m reminding you that almost all of us are immigrants, and those of us of European descent come from a group of people who really did take this land by force.
    As was Mexico, also taken by force on the part of Europeans, i.e.; Spain, in collaboration with the Catholic Church.

This guy must have a serious guilt-complex based on his European roots. Maybe he should get counseling.

Re: Wherever you go, there you are

That’s right, once again I’m reminding you that almost all of us are immigrants, and those of us of European descent come from a group of people who really did take this land by force.

So now it’s ours and we have to take care of it. We have to do something to limit illegal activity. But let’s not allow the loonies to dictate how we respond to the situation.
    "Those of us of European descent come from a group of people who really did take this land by force."

Hmmm....would that be the same European descent group that who really did take MEXICO by force?

Well, that same group is in MEXICO. So haven't we run them out here twice already?

Isn't it time for MEXICO to run them out of their land if they don't like them? These are the same European Descent Spaniards that took America by force that took Mexico by force.

Is that what you're saying Mr. Brock?

And your point is?

Oh Mr. Brock, you silly loonie, you don't really know what you're trying to say, do you? You just work for Globalist Pond Scum trying to keep your job and Fat Cat salary.

"Lets don't let the loonies dictate how we respond to the situation".

Oh Mr. Brock, you Big Globalist Loonie, you can rest assured you will not be dictating to US how WE respond to the situation. You can put your raised hand down now and I suggest you put it in your lap and try to find something useful to do with it next time.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

[quote]I’ll also admit that my information on these people comes from the Southern Poverty Law Center’s magazine “Intelligence Reportâ€
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    You can put your raised hand down now and I suggest you put it in your lap and try to find something useful to do with it next time.

Speaking of the Southern Poverty Law Center, I've read some trashy biographical information on it's head honcho, Morris Dees. This scum makes Bill Clinton look like a boy scout.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

The SPLC shouldn't be educating anyone about morals and ethics. Anyone who does a little independent research on them would know why. That is like having former Enron executives teaching accounting or management...just wrong.
    Individualism leads to anarchism. A collective society has more to offer than an isolationist/individualist one.

That was a total waste of time. All the guy does is call names, but make no suggestions on how to fix anything.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

Banned
    I live not far from there, (about 40 miles) so I gave the guy a call. It turns out he's gotten calls from as far away as New York over this column. I gave all the credit to ALIPAC, natch.

I asked him if the paper could find room for a rebuttal, and after speaking with him a few minutes, he suggested I write it out and he would forward it to the editor. I warned him that I would pretty much cut up his article. Tell me if I did a good job

Published: February 21, 2006 01:18 am

By Ed Brock

Those among you who have been an immigrant, please raise your hands.

If your hand is up, please put it back on your paper so you can read the rest of this column. I think you'll be just as amused by this subject as I was.

The subject of the day is the anti-immigration movement.

No, the subject is the anti-illegal alien movement. There is a BIG difference.

Allow me to preface this by saying that I realize that there are important immigration issues facing this nation. I am quick to admit that some control is necessary, and I'm also sure that our porous borders pose a security risk.

But that's why it's so unfortunate that the xenophobes and bigots in this country are coming out of the woodwork to act just plain silly about the whole thing.

To call the 75% of Americans that want the law enforced xenophobes and bigots is a massive oversimplification.

I'll also admit that my information on these people comes from the Southern Poverty Law Center's magazine Intelligence Report and is therefore bias. For that reason I won't name names.

The truth about the SPLC would curl your toes.
    Visit here: http://www.criminalgovernment.com/docs/rel/dees.html

Anyway, one of the people mentioned in the magazine lives in Marietta and he may actually read this.

But I will mention that two or three of the people listed in the report as anti-immigration activists are just one or two generations away from immigrant ancestors and one is an actual immigrant.

They belong to patriotic-sounding groups like The Minutemen and the Constitution Party. And much like the Devil, they mix the truth with lies to form a highly toxic concoction of rhetoric.

That's a rather brash statement. Do you have references?

They say immigrants, more specifically Mexican immigrants, bring disease and crime to our fair shores. Of course, as a police reporter I've seen a lot of illegal immigrants involved in crime. Most of the time they're the victims because they aren't likely to go to the police.

From the Nat'l Inst. Of Health - What caused TB to return?
    http://www.niaid.nih.gov/factsheets/tb.htm
    Increased numbers of foreign-born nationals from countries where many cases of TB occur, such as Africa, Asia, and Latin America. TB cases among those persons now living in the US account for nearly half of the national total.

Another really funny theory presented by these people is that illegal immigration is a deliberate attempt by Mexico to re-conquer California, New Mexico, Arizona and Texas.

Here are just two examples of reconquista

Mexican American Legal Defense Fund founder Mario Obledo stated, "California is going to be a Hispanic state. Anyone who doesn't like it should leave. Every constitutional office in California is going to be held by Hispanics in the next 20 years. People who don't like such demographic changes should go back to Europe."

(Mario and Sam Zamarripa are good friends, by the way)

The preamble of the MECHA constitution reads:
    "Chicana/Chicano students of California must take upon themselves the responsibilities to promote Chicanismo within the community; as well as politicize our Raza (Race) and continue the struggle for self-determination of the Chicana/Chicano people and the liberation of Aztlan"

What is Aztlan? http://ojjpac.org/aztlan.asp
    (Check it out for yourself. Do you Google?)

This cracks me up. I wonder if they realize that the only reason they think like this is because that's pretty much how we ended up in possession of those states.

Not quite.

That's right, it all used to be part of Mexico. Then, in the 1830s, Mexico invited Americans to come and stay in Texas because apparently nobody else would. The Texicans eventually rebelled, successfully, and this eventually led to the Mexican American War in which we essentially took over north Mexico.

So, hey, if they want it back how can we really complain?

The Mexican Government ceded it to the U.S. in the 1848 Treaty of Guadalupe Hildalgo at the end of the Mexican-American war.

Interestingly enough, the Mexicans have their own concerns about another American invasion along similar lines, this time regarding the Baja Peninsula where Americans are buying up property left and right.

And according to a 2003 article in the New York Times, there's no way of knowing how many Americans are living in Baja because a certain number are illegal immigrants who never register their presence.

The Mexican Government takes a MUCH dimmer view of illegal immigration than we do. They stationed 20,000 troops on THEIR southern border to stop the Central Americans fleeing natural disaster and corrupt governments. About 300,000 are living in the U.S. on temporary visas that have been renewed several times.

Also, I don't think any of these people are real concerned about keeping the Canadian border closed, although that's just as much of a security risk.

Well, there's not 2 million folks a year coming across THAT border.

By the way, about that question I asked at the beginning of this column. Unless you are American Indian you pretty much should have raised your hand.

That's right, once again I'm reminding you that almost all of us are immigrants, and those of us of European descent come from a group of people who really did take this land by force.

According to archaeologists, the Indians emigrated from Asia across the Bering Strait.

So now it's ours and we have to take care of it. We have to do something to limit illegal activity. But let's not allow the loonies to dictate how we respond to the situation.

People opposed to illegal immigration are NOT loonies. They are simply citizens who want EXISTING laws enforced. There are an estimated 20 million illegal aliens currently in this country in violation of our laws. America during the last century could afford to wink at the problem. There was lots of room and a whole lot of work to do.

But times change.

Illegal labor, although a boon to unscrupulous employers, has depressed wages among the most vulnerable of American citizens, the working poor. And don't think the effect stops there. In 1970 an experienced construction worker making $12 to $15/hr. could reasonably support his family, pay his taxes and put a little extra in the kids' college funds. 36 years later, making the SAME amount of money, the same cannot be said. How well would YOU be doing if it happened to you?

But forgetting all of that, I'll tell you WHY I think we should close the border and deport illegal aliens. This IS a Nation of Immigrants. Legal immigrants. There are several million people around the world that fill out endless forms, submit to medical and criminal screenings and wait YEARS to get a chance at 'The American Dream'. Your ancestors did it and so did mine. I'd rather not slap them in the face.
    [/b]

Banned
    Tough crowd tonight. I thought I'd get at least 1 attaboy.

Hmmm....would that be the same European descent group that who really did take MEXICO by force?
    As well as South America?

And ATTABOY, Pinestrawguys! Excellent points and parries! Keep up the good work!

(You got to give us time to catch up. )
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast