Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

PineStrawGuys, that is an excellent letter to send.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

We should all write this guy and set him straight. And we should write every author that writes something appropriate a thank you email.

THat is why Ive requested that all new articles be posted with email and phone contact information when possible.

I hope everyone here as an ALIPAC activist will engage in this constant feedback process.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Since this is the Attaboy PinestrawGuys thread now, I'm going to Atlanta on Monday to speak to the State Sub-committee on Homeland Security. D.A. King will be there, as well. I sure hope I don't trip over my tongue when it's my turn to speak. I've never done anything like this before, so I'm a little nervous. Wish me LUCK!

I'm sure you'll do great PineStrawGuys. Just tell it like it is so even politicians can understand it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Very very wellllll done Pinestraw guys...I'll bet ol' Ed looks good walking around with his head in his hands...

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    Since this is the Attaboy PinestrawGuys thread now, I'm going to Atlanta on Monday to speak to the State Sub-committee on Homeland Security. D.A. King will be there, as well. I sure hope I don't trip over my tongue when it's my turn to speak. I've never done anything like this before, so I'm a little nervous. Wish me LUCK!
    PineStraw, I'm sure you will do fine but I wish you luck anyhow dealing with the tough forces we face. You are doing a great deed to enforce existing border laws and have illegal aliens deported. Since most Americans will not stand up, you are definitetly a hero. ATTABOY!!!
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

PinestrawGuys--You will do fantastic at the meeting!!

And when they try to corner you or put you on the spot, just remember who you are and what you were born to do. You are an American, speaking for all of US, and we were born to preserve the United States.

There is no greater purpose in our lives at this moment than to make sure WE do this.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

You'll do just great representing all of us and our hopes for our future. I believe that God will see to it that the right words for the right people at the right time flow from your heart and mind.

Go get 'em...

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Looks like the author of the original article in the discussion got a bunch of angry emails and wrote a follow up article.

http://www.news-daily.com

Settle down, people, settle down

CNHI News Service

— By Ed Brock

Well, it would appear I really swatted the hornet’s nest again.
    About two weeks ago I wrote a column about the Southern Poverty Law Center’s report on what they called the anti-immigration movement. Since that time I have received some rather angry responses from people all around the country.

I will say first that I do not retract my essential point. That being said, I will make clear that a lot of you didn’t seem to see what that point was.
    I blame myself to a large degree. I didn’t express myself very clearly.
    But before I get into that, let me say that two of my critics actually called me on the phone and proved to be very reasonable, well-mannered gentlemen. They are Jeff Herman of Walnut Grove and D.A. King of Marietta, King being one of the people listed in the SPLC report.

Each responded to my column with good points, but I want to address two things Mr. Herman mentioned in his letter.

First, as I said on the phone, I don’t believe illegal immigration is an organized attempt to invade our country. I don’t think MEChA is going to achieve its “re-conquest” of the southwestern United States any time soon if ever, but to explain my reasoning will require an entirely different column.

Also, I think it’s fair to point out that in your letter to the editor of Feb. 29 you quoted a report from the National Institutes of Health on the return of tuberculosis to the United States. The report did list an “increased number of foreign-born nationals from countries where many cases of TB occur.” However, just to clarify, that was one of several reasons listed in the report.

Now, let me clear some things up.

I am not in favor of unchecked immigration into this country. I mentioned twice in my column that I consider illegal immigration to be a problem that must be dealt with.

More specifically, I think businesses that make constant use of illegal immigrant labor should be severely punished. Also, obviously, more money must be devoted toward patrolling our border with legitimate officers, not armed citizens.

My point from the previous article, and the expressed purpose of the SPLC’s report, was to condemn the racists and xenophobes who exploit this important issue to further their own agendas.

That’s why I pointed out that some of the people on the list were immigrants themselves, because I found it interesting that they should be included as racists. And my point in mentioning the way we acquired the southwest (I’ll have more on this in my next column, Mr. Herman) is to show that we should not be self-righteous about this issue.
    My mistake was omitting a line that did occur to me as I wrote the previous column.

This is that line: “Of course, I’m sure that everybody involved in this movement is not a racist.”

Of course that’s true. To say otherwise would make me guilty of applying a sweeping generalization to a group of people with whom I have no personal experience.

That would make me a bigot, like Brad Cordova of Minnesota called me.
    However, I think that racists and bigots are attracted to the legitimate anti-illegal immigration movement. It’s a natural setting for them.

Here’s a case in point. The following is a quote from an e-mail I received from a man in Covington, Ga. I have bolded some parts of it, but otherwise this is exactly what he wrote:

“So, please, no more smarmy platitudes about immigrants. It sounds good on a greeting card, but the reality is that they are unneeded, unwanted and illegal. A greater number of them are on the dole than are non-immigrants, they are uneducated and unskilled, and many are criminals escaping Mexican justice. They share very little with us in the way of language, culture, tradition and racial heritage. Yes, race and commonality are considerations; all men are not created equal and never were.”

That last part may apply to individuals, but it seems to me like “Mr. Covington” is referring to race. Am I wrong?

I will point out that Mr. Covington made some legitimate points early in his letter regarding exploding populations and limited resources, all very true. He also said something about having to evict a Mexican family, and I found that very telling.

Mr. Covington, I think you have developed such an emotional involvement in this issue that, if it hasn’t already made you a racist, then you are well on the way. Please reconsider your own feelings on this matter.

Something does have to be done to curb illegal immigration into this country. I never said otherwise. But it must be done without hatred, without anger or self-righteousness.

That’s all I was trying to say. If you don’t like that, then you know where to find me.

Ed Brock covers public safety and municipalities for the News Daily. He can be reached at (770) 478-5753 ext. 254 or at ebrock@news-daily.com.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Awww gee NO ONE is a rascist. Shucks.

That said here's my point: A friend of ours has property located near us ( a quiet country setting )with a mobile home on it that his son and family had lived in before buying their own property.

A Mexican that had worked with him on some construction jobs kept after Eddie to lease the mobile home to him and his family. Eventually Eddie did so. Much to his regret. It's the usual laundry list of complaints.
    The rent is always late by at least a month.
    The noise from family get togethers on weekends runs far into the night.
    The numerous dogs bark constantly.
    The yard is covered with old cars and trash.
    The kids get into Eddies garage and shed and help themselves to whatever may be lying around unguarded.
    Music loud enough to be heard blocks away goes constantly.
    The neighbors have called the sheriff's department several times for disturbance of the peace.

Yes, Eddie is trying to evict them. Is Eddie a rascist? A bigot? A xenophobe?

Sheesh...

RR

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast