Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Whites to be minority in US by 2050: study

Back to Story - Help
    Whites to be minority in US by 2050: study Mon Feb 11, 11:50 AM ET

Immigration will drive the population of the United States sharply upward between now and 2050, and will push whites into a minority, projections by the Pew Research Center showed Monday.

"If current trends continue, the population of the United States will rise to 438 million in 2050, from 296 million in 2005," an increase of nearly 50 percent, the study by the Washington-based think-tank said.

More than 80 percent of the increase will be due to immigrants arriving in the country and their US-born children, who will make up nearly one in five Americans by 2050 compared with one in eight in 2005, it said.

Whites, who currently make up around two-thirds of the US population, will become a minority (47 percent) by 2050, the report said.

The Hispanic population, currently the largest minority group, will triple in size and double in percentage terms from 14 percent in 2005 to 29 percent in 2050, the report said.

The Asian population will roughly double in percentage terms, from five percent to nine percent, while the black population will remain static at around 13 percent.

The projections are based on trends over the past 50 years, during which legal and illegal immigration have played an increasing role in US population growth, the report said.

From 1960 to 2005, new immigrants and their US-born descendants accounted for 51 percent of population increase, and for 58 percent from 1980 to 2005, the report said.

But, the report warned, "possible future changes in immigration policy" could impact the projections.

Illegal immigration has become a top issue in the race for the US presidency, especially among Republican candidates, most of whom favor of a crackdown.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080211/ts ... tionethnic
    Che Guevara wears a picture of ME on his t-shirt.

I don't believe the count is in yet because we will need another census, but there are two trends that may increase Caucasian numbers: a) natalism in the heartland, and b) a tendency for the well to do to have an extra kid or two. Both trends have been noticed in the media but I don't think anyone's compiled the numbers yet.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    So where do I sign up for my white minority rights?

The existing minorities will all be paying for the rest of us soon. That is if they have any money left after China buys us out.

whites are the minority in many areas and should be given the same rights and opportunities when in the minority as any other minority. and believe it or not just because you're white doesn't mean that there are not hate crimes committed against you. I'm not even considered white and i find it apalling at the racism that exists against caucasian people.

U.S. Hispanic population to triple by 2050
    Posted 5h 36m ago |
    USA TODAY

The U.S. population will soar to 438 million by 2050 and the Hispanic population will triple, according to projections released Monday by the Pew Research Center.

The latest projections by the non-partisan research group are higher than government estimates to date and paint a portrait of an America dramatically different from today's.

The projected growth in the U.S. population — 303 million today — will be driven primarily by immigration among all groups except the elderly.

"We're assuming that the rate of immigration will stay roughly constant," says Jeffrey Passel, co-author of the report.

Even if immigration is limited, Hispanics' share of the population will increase because they have higher birth rates than the overall population. That's largely because Hispanic immigrants are younger than the nation's aging baby boom population. By 2030, all 79 million boomers will be at least 65 and the elderly will grow faster than any other age group.

The projections show that by 2050:

•Nearly one in five Americans will have been born outside the USA vs. one in eight in 2005. Sometime between 2020 and 2025, the percentage of foreign-born will surpass the historic peak reached a century ago during the last big immigration wave. New immigrants and their children and grandchildren born in the USA will account for 82% of the population increase from 2005 to 2050.

•Whites who are not Hispanic, now two-thirds of the population, will become a minority when their share drops to 47%. They made up 85% of the population in 1960.

•Hispanics, already the largest minority group, will more than double their share of the population to 29%.

•Blacks will remain 13% of the population. Asians will go to 9% from 5%.

•The gap between the number of working-age people and the children and seniors who depend on them will widen as boomers age. There will be 72 young and elderly for every 100 people of working age by 2050 compared with 59 in 2005. The gap would widen more if immigration slows because immigrants tend to be of working-age, the report said.

The projections are based on detailed assumptions about births, deaths and immigration levels based on recent trends. Those trends can change. For example, a new immigration policy could substantially limit the growth.

"Immigration has long-term consequences on the make-up of the country and the size of the population and we need to take those results in account when we make immigration policy," says Mark Krikorian, executive director of the Center for Immigration Studies, a group that promotes limits on immigration. "Growing our population by 100 million more than we would otherwise is a choice. Immigration is a choice. … It's all up to us."

The ethnic and racial profile of the nation could change because of inter-marriage. It's not clear how the children and grandchildren of multiracial and multi-ethnic unions will identify themselves in the future.

"We've assumed that the definitions and categories that are being used today will continue to be used in the next 50 years," Passel says. "Fifty years ago, we didn't have the definition for the Hispanic population."

Adds Krikorian: "Will that category of who's white be redefined? What is a non-Hispanic white?"
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/200 ... tudy_N.htm
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

•Blacks will remain 13% of the population
    Amazing until you realize that black abortion is 3x that of whites.

There won't be a U.S. by 2050. It will look more like a third-world country throughly balkanized and consumed with poverty. That's why our efforts are so hugly important. We MUST have the right Congressmen and Senators!!

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    Did anybody else see Brian Williams on MSNBC Nightly News give a story on this tonight, Tues Feb 12?

Seemed like a fairly clear report of PEW announcement and rare for the MSM to lay it out there for everybody to see.

Quote Originally Posted by gemini282
    whites are the minority in many areas and should be given the same rights and opportunities when in the minority as any other minority. and believe it or not just because you're white doesn't mean that there are not hate crimes committed against you. I'm not even considered white and i find it apalling at the racism that exists against caucasian people.
    Very true. I'm Hispanic and Caucasian descent and I have witnessed the same things happen. I have seen many Mexican immigrants play the race card to get what they want. I have racism towards white people that is soley based on ignorance and assumptions. I went to high school with this girl whose grandparents on both sides of her family were immigrants from Mexico this girl was very racist towards whites and she always said stuff "like white people always have better lives". This girl and her familymade more money than most of the people in my commuunity and her father was always protesting the local mine and other business that employ people from the community. This girl was the one of the most
    disgusting people I ever knew. After reading these articles about the whites being the minority in 2050 in many ways I'm truly scared for this country. At this moment there are many Hispanic pro-illegal politicians in office if current trends keep happening more and more reconquista Hispanics will try gain power in goverment. People who are members of MECHA, LULAC and other like organizations are very racist towards whites, blacks and asians. They will call label Hispanics with different views sell-outs or Uncle Toms. Many Mexican illegals in this country do not care about Americans, our government and our values. These people enjoy playing the race card and mistreat people of different races. I read a story a few months back about Mexican girl who bullied a white girl at middle school in California and the girl was never suspeneded. We have to come together to fight illegal immigration and put an end to funding ethnic based organizations. If too many reconquista people get in this country and reproduce this country will truly go to Hell.
    ProEnglish:The English Language Advocates
    http://www.proenglish.org/

Quote Originally Posted by gemini282
    Every race sticks up for its own people (is racist) except for whites. Only the whites are ashamed of their own race and discriminate against their own kind, This is a neurosis.

When whites become the monority, the other races then in power will not have any concern for minority rights.
    [b] If we do not insist on Voter ID, how can we stop illegals from voting?

Only the whites are ashamed of their own race and discriminate against their own kind, This is a neurosis.
    NOT!!!

When I heard this on the news last night, all I could think of was "maybe I won't be here anymore..."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast