Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Handyman--you have sure taught me something that I did NOT know. I did not know that sign language was not universal. I should be ashamed of myself for not knowing that but, since I have only known one deaf person well and that was way back in college, I guess I can just plead ignorance. That is very interesting.

William--I am SO PROUD OF YOU!!! That was a BRILLIANT idea when you asked for the info in French, German and Mandarin Chinese!!! What a great idea and I'm gonna try it the next time I get that BS message! SEE-I rest my case. It is DISCRIMINATORY to provide all of this STUFF in ONLY SPANISH and it just INFURIATES ME. Are the immigrants from OTHER countries that much smarter that it's NO PROBLEM for THEM to learn English??? I wouldn't THINK so. It just proves my point that the people who legally immigrate to our country do so for a reason and THEY are willing to assimilate while the ones from Spanish-speaking countries think we not only owe them jobs but owe them their language and culture which does nothing but water down our own language and culture. It is absurd. And, I am FURIOUS! Why do all of these do-gooder organizations like La Raza and BUTTHEAD's bunch GET THIS? How THICK ARE THEY??? I think I'm gonna start speaking with a person every time I get that "Press 1 for English" and start DEMANDING that they provide their services in OTHER LANGUAGES.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

California or ground zero of the invasion
    http://www.dosmundos.com

A second lawsuit filed against those who prohibit students from speaking Spanish

A For a very long time, perhaps decades, Spanish-speaking people have been castigated for speaking Spanish in schools and other public places.
    The recent story about Zach Rubio, a student at the Endeavor High School in the Turner School District, who was suspended for speaking Spanish in school, has opened a lot of eyes around the world.

This story has appeared in all 50 states and in several countries.
    Zach is a brave young man who has done the Latino community a great service by speaking out. We can believe that there have been others who were afraid to ask “Why can’t I speak Spanish in school?� They did not know it was their right to do so.

In a way it’s a good thing, because it has made Latinos more aware of their civil rights and it has served as an education for school districts, which need to rethink their school policies regarding students who speak foreign languages.
    It has also been a negative thing because it points out to the rest of the world that this great country is still capable of treating ordinary citizens like second class citizens because they don’t speak English. It is an embarrassment for our great nation.
    Through this ordeal, people have learned that English is not our official language. The United States has no official language and every time a measure pops up in Congress or in state legislatures moving towards an English-Only law, Hispanic watchdogs have pounced on those activities. They know that such a measure would make second-class citizens of those who are already downtrodden.

As we approach the New Year, we need to be diligent about teaching ourselves about our civil rights and about any laws that are in the making against Hispanics.
    There are some measures in Congress that are ludicrous, such as building a wall across the United States to keep illegals out. There are those who would make the illegal status of immigrants a felony. Where would we find jail space? Who would pay for their incarceration? What about the jobs that would go unfilled if these workers were removed? Clearly, these are laws created in the minds of those who do not consider the consequences of their actions.
    The coming year will be one that will show us many challenges and many opportunities to prepare for what is coming.

Curiously, the first baby born in the United States this year was Hispanic.
    There are those who dig their heads in the sand and think that the growth of the Hispanic population is a passing thing. Wake up, we say to them, Latinos are not going through a phase.
    No longer is Spanish a foreign language, nor should it be treated as such in our schools, in our place of employment and in our homes, where most Hispanic youth learn Spanish.

We can be like our European neighbors who tolerate and can communicate with others who don’t speak their language. For centuries they have coped with French, German, English, Swahili, and other foreign languages.
    When we truly can respect the differences of others we will be a great and free nation.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

In a way it’s a good thing, because it has made Latinos more aware of their civil rights and it has served as an education for school districts, which need to rethink their school policies regarding students who speak foreign languages.
    CIVIL RIGHTS??? Illegal ALIENS have civil rights??? Have I MISSED something here?? This BS just underscores the need to start bombarding our representatives both on the state level and on the federal level to make ENGLISH THE OFFICIAL LANGUAGE OF THIS COUNTRY. We cannot afford to sit back and let these people take over our country.

Curiously, the first baby born in the United States this year was Hispanic.
    THEY failed to tell us if this was a LEGAL Hispanic baby or another ANCHOR BABY. We need to investigate that one.

No longer is Spanish a foreign language, nor should it be treated as such in our schools, in our place of employment and in our homes, where most Hispanic youth learn Spanish.
    WHERE are these people LIVING??? SPANISH IS NOT A FOREIGN LANGUAGE??? That just takes the cake. Spanish is a foreign language just as much as French or German or Swahili or Urdu or ANY LANGUAGE OTHER THAN ENGLISH.

I AM STEAMED.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234