Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

July 1st Raleigh Rally

These were taken at the rally today at the Capital building grounds. Kind of a small turnout but several ALIPAC people were there. I was even interviewed by the local NBC station.

Sure looks nice there. Good group of people! Liked the sign "the job Bush won't do". Atleast you got to fly your American flags and doesn't look like any protesters showed up. Thank you!!! Great Job!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

OK. A point of debate or maybe a question. I suppose certain people feel some empowerment from rallies. Especially librals. They get a positive response from the typically libral media. How many mainstream causes are energized by rallies? I dont imagine there will be much positive press from the rally today, tho I look forward to be proven wrong. The way I rally is by voting, calling my representatives, volunteering and contributing to candidates that agree with me.

One of which is running against a libral, David Price that voted against the house immigration bill. I will go ahead and plug Steve Acuff as someone more attuned to the immigration issue -- tho maybe all here wont agree with everything. Take a look at his website and see if you agree, especially if you are in his NC district. If you are in his district, pull up your boots and join in the fight by voluntering time and or money.

The state level process seems corrupt to the bone. Ive never felt able to affect anything going on with all the Dems running the show. Most people dont even know or care who is running the show at the state level.

I thank those that showed up today for the rally. But I wonder what affect it really has on the process?
    287(g) + e-verify + SSN no match = Attrition through enforcement

I think the reason the rallys have become sort of important is because the other side showed up in such masses. We write...we call....and I'm not saying it doesn't matter because I think it does. They are twisting polls and not having any public display ,almost seems like no-one really cares at all. It's sad there's so few showing up because I think it's more important to most people than they realize. Timing is everything and unfortunatly they have us all on such different scheduals and people are always choosing between work and school and family etc....... If you advertise too much...the opponent ruines it, like the rally in Tenn. I assume,( or why would they think the KKK is showing up and the Minute Men.....with swat teams and all to greet them!). There just never seems to be a "right time". Daily, I read articles from people in my newspaper where they say....I write and call and they don't listen to me!!!!. I don't know the answer........don't know the "right" thing to do. I just applaude all efforts for us.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by usatime
    OK. A point of debate or maybe a question. I suppose certain people feel some empowerment from rallies. Especially librals. They get a positive response from the typically libral media. How many mainstream causes are energized by rallies? I dont imagine there will be much positive press from the rally today, tho I look forward to be proven wrong. The way I rally is by voting, calling my representatives, volunteering and contributing to candidates that agree with me.

One of which is running against a libral, David Price that voted against the house immigration bill. I will go ahead and plug Steve Acuff as someone more attuned to the immigration issue -- tho maybe all here wont agree with everything. Take a look at his website and see if you agree, especially if you are in his NC district. If you are in his district, pull up your boots and join in the fight by voluntering time and or money.

The state level process seems corrupt to the bone. Ive never felt able to affect anything going on with all the Dems running the show. Most people dont even know or care who is running the show at the state level.

I thank those that showed up today for the rally. But I wonder what affect it really has on the process?
    What affect? I don't know in the long run! I think it important though to show some Americans aren't sitting in front of a TV watching useless programs but out there exercising their 1st Amendment rights.

I agree volunteering, contributing and calling and faxing officials is important too!

I sure did have fun today regardless, met many wonderful people (or met a second time) and I think we made a contribution on this issue.

I'm looking forward to the next rallies.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

I agree it surely does look nice. And there is the contrast, American people can make a statement with respect and dignity but we saw the poison 'fruit' of the illegals. It's great to be American - thanks for the photos!
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

You bet you did make a contribution......and thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    You bet you did make a contribution......and thank you!
    Thanks Crazybird.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

OK. A point of debate or maybe a question. I suppose certain people feel some empowerment from rallies. Especially librals. They get a positive response from the typically libral media. How many mainstream causes are energized by rallies? I dont imagine there will be much positive press from the rally today, tho I look forward to be proven wrong.
    Raleigh channel 17 and the cable news channel 14 were both there and interviewed a couple of us. Channel 17 had it on both of their evening news shows.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnB2012
    OK. A point of debate or maybe a question. I suppose certain people feel some empowerment from rallies. Especially librals. They get a positive response from the typically libral media. How many mainstream causes are energized by rallies? I dont imagine there will be much positive press from the rally today, tho I look forward to be proven wrong.
    Raleigh channel 17 and the cable news channel 14 were both there and interviewed a couple of us. Channel 17 had it on both of their evening news shows.
    John,

Do you know if there are video links available yet.? I tried to watch both channels flicking back and forth, but somehow missed any coverage.

Annie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast