Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Zach1776
    I am jealous of ya'll. I am stuck up here in DC surrounded by ignoramuses that believe illegal immigration is a good thing, and you get to be down in the Blue Ridge! I spent 4 of the best years of my life in Boone, NC just up the mountain from Hickory. Glad to see that my homies are representing! Wish I could have been there.
    Hi Zach! I know what you mean about the Blue Ridge Mountains, I call them home. My family is from Aho, a tiny little town right between Blowing Rock and Boone. I now live in the foothills, not far away from Boone.
    The illegal alien problem in the NC mountains is growing fast. They work there on the tree and shrubery farms. The violence is escalating there, also. My brother has a place in Sparta, in Alleghany County. We spend alot of time in the summer up there, staying at his camper. Before the illegal invasion, the headlines in the local newspaper(which only comes out 1 time a week) was always something like this: "Car sustains heavy damage after hitting Deer". That was usually what the headline looked like. Now, you see this, "Gunfight breaks out in local neighborhood, one dead" or "Man arrested after stabbing his friend". The violence this small town never saw before has become the norm here lately. Just last week in the Sparta newspaper, there were 3 Hispanic males arrested for abusing their wives, 3 in one week! I already know that there is a welfare scam going on having to do with spousal abuse and getting set up in free apartments, recieving welfare checks, and foodstamps, so I am not sure if these cases were legit or just part of that scam. Either way,it looks like it's keeping the Police Dept. in Sparta very busy!
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

Little late on the talk here but I took the day off yesterday. I'm thankful that we were able to pull this day together because we had to hussle a bit being only 2 weeks out when trying to get permsission and doing signs. Also glad because the timing was excellent -- just 5 days ago (Monday) the illegal Aliens had their rally in the exact same spot --- so it was like a same week response back to them and occurring on May 6 with many other rallies in U.S. Also the NC State Leg. started today and hopefully we stirred some up.

I'm glad to have met and work with rebellady1964 and JP. The day was great and the weather was immaculate for us.

There was a couple things that could be done better. No matter as bad as it may have been we just needed to get out there and speak out in response to illegals marches.

Should have advertised more. It is like pulling teeth to get some folks to motivate and really show up. I thought we were close to 100 prior. For sure more people should have been there --- I had some calling me that morning that said they'd show and they didn't -- that is quite unbelievable --- it must be like the weather was so nice that they just decided to do something else.

I contacted 2 TV news stations and sent them e-mail with info, yet no show --- A guy from the Charlotte Observer showed up and I did not contact C.O. because I know how terrible they are on this issue.

I will contact Hickory Reporter and thank her for coverage. We made a good mark with this.

Now that We have contacts we can keep this group as a unit together to do more, wether its rallies or showing up together at the City Council meeting to make an impact. Lenoir & Newton are possible future events. Maybe in June. The rally can have impact but it will do little if Congress decides to pass amnesty. For now though I think we should focus on pressuring Legislature and Congress because the next coming weeks will likely be the Senate battle again.

Let me know your thoughts. Just to let know, the illegal Alien rallies' news articles in the Hickory Daily record had small print footnotes stating that the Associated Press and El Pueblo org. contributed to the articles. So here is a big player Associated Press coming into a small town to do illegal junk. I'm glad we rebutted these jerks.

Also I have a whole roll of pics of the illegal Alien rally in Hickory on May 1 and I should get them back on Tues. (tommorrow). I'd rather not stain our good column here with that but they probably should be seen. That is if I can figure out how to be better computer savvy and post them on thesepages. Will try it likely Wed.

Great pics of our rally and we did good work here and look forward to more!!

Also wanted to mention that the guy in the blue dress shirt with tie is running for NC State Leg -- district 114 --- so this was awesome to see.

Also a former NC State Leg.-- a Doug Hanks? was also present here.

Glad to hear from your ORn. I'll be giving you a holler later.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Oh, I know where Aho is...just off the parkway. Gorgeous! Who knows, we might be kin...I have ancestors from the area. I lived in Blowing Rock for a year myself then lived south of Vulcan quarry on 105 towards Grandfather Mtn. before Valle Crucis. Spent a little while in the Sugar Mt/ Banner Elk area too. Anyway, can't wait to be there again soon. Hopefully will make the Highland Games this year and bring the McBain Clan. We will love to attend any rallies in our kilts to help draw more attention, but we promise to not go "traditional" if you know what I mean...
    <div>* It is only when the people become ignorant and corrupt, when they degenerate into a populace, that they are incapable of exercising their sovereignty.* -- John Adams
    </div>

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    The Police were nice. They smiled and said hello to everyone. We were all careful not to jaywalk.
    Yes, I agree! The two officers that stood out there with us protestors for the mostly four hours were great and friendly. When I left shortly before the official closing time of 3pm, I walked by the two officers and thanked them for being there with us. There was a SpringFest less than one block away as well as numerous restaurants. Some of us protesters were hungry and thirsty and went out to eat together. I commented on how nice the two officers were and was told yes they were and that they were on our side.

It was definently a great protest and a good size crowd, but hopefully next time more American citizens including LEGAL immigrants will join us. If the other side can raise thousands, our side that really supports 80% or more of Americans, should be able to raise as many in numbers. At least, I would think so.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Illegals in the northeast:

In my capacity as a health-related professional, I worked for a state funded agency. We were required to service all who applied. A few were illegals, though I learned of this only after a while. One family (2 adults, 4 children, 1 of which an anchor baby) in particular was quite nice, hard-working, upstanding, contributed to our society...but were illegally here for 5 years!
    After a year or so I resigned, based on several philosophical differences. The city is Danbury CT. Danbury appears to have a large illegal population.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123