Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    Lone_Patriot wrote:

i'm not saying teachers don't earn or aren't worth their wage. i am saying nurses are worth more then they are currently (in this county) being paid. and importing cheap labor is once again not the solution.
    You're exactly right Lone_Patriot! My sister, in Texas, was an RN and she told me that there were more than enough nurses, but many eventually end up leaving the field and/or hospitals because of unfair compensation for their labor. She was on salary and working 60-70 hours a week in a hospital emergency room. Unfortunately, according to her, they couldn't pay a fair wage because of hospital operation cost overruns due to "no-pays." Moreover, the hospital absolutely refused to hire enough nurses to properly cover the required shifts. The hospital did hire nurses on working visas (when they could get them) that would work for less than what would normally be considered a fair wage. Of course all that did was undermine the American citizen nurses demands for a fair wage.

My sister ended up leaving the hospital and going back to school She now teaches nursing classes at a university.

Bottom line, she was being worked to-death and not being compensated fairly for her efforts. It all goes back to the "cheap labor" you were speaking about. The hospitals really aren't to blame, it's the Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act (EMTLA) that's causing the problem. The EMTLA has been directly responsible for over 80 hospital closing in California. Many see the "cheap labor" injection as a solution to a the problem created by our federal government and the U.S. Supreme Court that requires all hospital to provide care for illegal immigrants, regardless of their ability to pay. Basically the hospitals can't afford to pay a fair wage to the American nurses as long as they are required to care for hoards of illegal immigrants - hence the need for nurses that will work for less than what used to be considered a fair wage.

Our government created a problem and now it is attempting to fix it at the expense of working Americans!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Sent a note to many friends across the country and asked them
    to vote also.

We don't need more nurses or tech. jobs filled with people on H1B Visa's.
    Just ask the people in CA and other states, how many of them have lost their jobs or gone into different jobs because of H1Bs. Business's can pay H1B's lower wages
    and Americans are being displaced for cheap labor.
    "When injustice become law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

okay just voted

5% 97 votes yes
    43% 802 NO
    52% 976 for the other yes option

1875 total votes

Survey

Telemundo, Univision, Galavision and most all other spanish networks have become the spanish versions of Al-Jazerra. If you guys only knew spanish you would freak out on the oneway reporting that is going on in spanish television. Unbeliveable.

gusgriswald,

hope2006 told us the same thing. I'm sure the radio is even worse.

They are very slanted and they use terms like anti-immigrant because some of that bleeds over into the English opinion and op-eds. For newspapers and TV stations, that's giving the advetisers, viewers and readers what they want.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I Voted this morning. Here's the results. We need more folks to go there and vote! Not registration necessary just pull up the page and vote. I'ts in Spanish, so here's the results in both Spanish and English.

Selección
    Sí, pero no por muchos años más 5%
    No, ya se ha acabado el espacio 43%
    Sí, hay mucho territorio y muchas oportunidades 52%

Votes
    Yes, but not by many years more 5%
    No, already has finished space 43%
    Yes, is much territory and many opportunities 52%

done!

Selección Votos Porcentaje de 1916 Votos
    Sí, pero no por muchos años más 99 5%
    No, ya se ha acabado el espacio 831 43%
    Sí, hay mucho territorio y muchas oportunidades 986 51%
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Selección Votos Porcentaje de 1918 Votos
    Sí, pero no por muchos años más 99 5%
    No, ya se ha acabado el espacio 833 43%
    Sí, hay mucho territorio y muchas oportunidades 986 51%

Cerrar Ventana

It is actually getting closer again?

TOTAL 2026 Votos

99 5%
    No 938 46%
    Sí 989 49%

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast