Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by leewardtack
    Quote Originally Posted by builditnow
    Quote Originally Posted by partwerks
    What about Herman Cain?
    The only thing I wonder about him, is that he worked for the Federal Reserve.

I liked Ron Paul, with the exception of being a old softie on illegals.
    I kind of liked Ron Paul too. Really bummed that he turns out to be more open-borders than many thought. But better we found out the full truth far in advance of the election.
    Ron Paul would put greater force at the borders, cut all education for illegal immigrants, have them deported if they use taxpayer funded medical care, let states and individual property owners enforce the law, ban funding for sanctuary cities, ban all benefits for illegal immigrants, and after all that was in place would, IF the people accepted it, permit a probabtionary legalization for the long term 'no other crime' sort here, IF they had a sponsor to cover costs AND they could not take taxpayer funded benefits going forward AND could NOT become citizens without leaving and starting the whole process over, AND there would be no chain migration on their behalf.

Who running is less of a 'softy' on illegal immigrants?

A lot of smoke has been blown over his supposedly 'changed' position, but I have read his book, and he hasn't changed. He had just never specified what happens to those here a long time AFTER the benefits for them were dismantled. His consistent voting record still reflects where he stands.
    Ron Paul is not strong on border security. He has shown that over and over again. And saying he supports an amnesty, any kind of amnesty, is a deal breaker.

and after all that was in place would, IF the people accepted it, permit a probabtionary legalization for the long term
    That is legalizing illegal aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    NUMBERUSA.COM grade on illegal immgration issues

Ron Paul F
    Gary Johnson F
    Rick Santorurr F
    Chris Christie F
    Newt Gingrich D-
    Sarah Palin D-
    Mitt Romney D
    Herman Cain D+
    Tim Pawlenty C+
    Michele Bachmann B-
    With the exception of Bachmann and maybe Pawlenty, those are some very bad grades. It is absolutely astounding that we can't get a candidate to run that thinks like we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey
    Show me where Cain has said he does not support a path to legalization and I'll be a believer. He's good at dancing around with words, but he has not said what he would do with the illegals currently here. Oh, and we can't attempt to read between the lines when politicians speak. We must demand they come right out with it.

It sure would be nice if we could ocassionally find something to agree on.
    "I've posted this information already several times" And to be quite honest when the bell rings I'm voting for who ever isn't Obama!

And the one thing we both agree on is that illegals are, and I believe this whole heartedly, they are responsible for the shape our country is in now!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Which one of these guys is the God botherin one?

Quote Originally Posted by pattyk
    Which one of these guys is the God botherin one?
    Are you talking about the 'Huckster' Huckabee? If so, he has decided not to run this time.

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    Show me where Cain has said he does not support a path to legalization and I'll be a believer. He's good at dancing around with words, but he has not said what he would do with the illegals currently here. Oh, and we can't attempt to read between the lines when politicians speak. We must demand they come right out with it.

It sure would be nice if we could ocassionally find something to agree on.
    "I've posted this information already several times" And to be quite honest when the bell rings I'm voting for who ever isn't Obama!

And the one thing we both agree on is that illegals are, and I believe this whole heartedly, they are responsible for the shape our country is in now!
    Yes, you have posted this several time but you haven't posted anything that gives us an indication of whether Cain supports a path to legalization or not. He has not said, one way or another.

Yes, we do agee that illegal immigration is dragging 'OUR' country down. It's a plague that needs to end now!

Banned
    Yeah I think he is the one

Here's something I just found that was posted by an ALIPAC member concerning Cain in another thread:

GaPatriot wrote:

Also, I am unhappy with his immigration policies. He said he is for securing the borders, allowing the states to determine their own immigration polices BUT he wants to allow a "path" to citizenship.
    Here's the thread: http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-239188.html

It does not sound good campers. We cannot allow states to decide their own immigration policy and to my knowledge very few, if any, of us support a path to legalization for illegal aliens.

Here's something I just found that was posted by an ALIPAC member concerning Cain in another thread:

GaPatriot wrote:

Also, I am unhappy with his immigration policies. He said he is for securing the borders, allowing the states to determine their own immigration polices BUT he wants to allow a "path" to citizenship.
    Here's the thread: http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-239188.html

It does not sound good campers. We cannot allow states to decide their own immigration policy and to my knowledge very few, if any, of us support a path to legalization for illegal aliens.
    "Oh! so you'll believe GA's opinion but won't look at the facts I've provided!"

Where's the link? Thought so! Here's my link that you didn't bother to read! And I'd post the same articles I've posted already but it's obvious you won't read them!
    http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/dmr/ ... happiness/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"Slam Dunk! In Your Face!"

Click on immigration!

http://www.hermancain.com/?page_id=8

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast