Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJones
    Quote Originally Posted by WorriedAmerican
    N - O means NO! We are not a nation of immigrants!!!!
    Yes, we are a nation of immigrants! Just legal ones.... The only ones that aren't immigrants are the Indians. Imagine how mad they are at us!
    Then the whole world would be nations of immigrants. Originally God made Adam and Eve if you want to get technical, in the Garden of Eden. From there, people moved around and claimed territory. This nation is a claimed nation, The United States of America. My great great great grandparents came here and I am a natural born American citizen. If you want to be an immigrant then by all means be one. I, for one am sick and tired of all this business about we are all immigrants.
    im·mi·grant : A person who leaves one country to settle permanently in another. Since my forefathers came from various countries several hundred years ago, which one did I immigrate from? Can I return to the land of my birth other than The U.S.? I'm no immigrant!
    Adam & Eve, technical? We all "came" from immigrants, to be"technical."

Quote"The United States of America is different. Immigration is flesh of our flesh, and we need to be reminded of that. Some sneer at the statement that we are a nation of immigrants as a cliché; all nations, they assert, are made up of mixtures of different peoples. So they are, as new tribes and races displaced old ones by conquest or by random migration. But the United States was created by settlers who arrived from elsewhere, who deliberately and calculatedly invited and urged others to follow them, and who encouraged the process in ways that were unique. Of course, countries like Canada and Australia depended on immigration for survival and success, but only the United States made the acquisition of citizenship swift and simple; only the United States made it a matter of principle to equalize the conditions of new citizens and old; only the United States takes special pride in describing American nationality as, by definition, independent of race and blood—as something that is acquired by residence and allegiance regardless of birthplace or ancestry."

http://www.americanheritage.com/immigra ... 1_75.shtml
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Dictionary Definition

im·mi·grant : A person who leaves one country to settle permanently in another.

Fun Fact: Most American are natural born citizens not immigrants.
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

Dictionary Definition

im·mi·grant : A person who leaves one country to settle permanently in another.

Fun Fact: Most American are natural born citizens not immigrants.

No kidding? I didn't know :-)

Everyone's decendents are immigrants, oh, to be "technical" as some here like that, except some of the Indians........ geez

Funner Fact: natural born is to remain conscious during and assist in delivery with minimal or no use of drugs or anesthetics, to be technical.

This is boring, but I can go on if you feel the need.....
    Dick Morris

Ok, how many of you would support some kind of dream act, which includes military sign up
    Keep the military out of it, and NO

R/ Skip

"Yes, we are a nation of immigrants! Just legal ones.... The only ones that aren't immigrants are the Indians."

NO, WE ARE NOT A NATION OF IMMIGRANTS. Our ancestors may have been immigrants, but 85% of our population was BORN HERE.

Secondly, THE INDIANS ARE DESCENDED FROM IMMIGRANTS ALSO. Does anyone believe they were hatched out in the sun on a tree stump? They may have been here FIRST, but they too, IMMIGRATED TO GET HERE.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenJustice
    "Yes, we are a nation of immigrants! Just legal ones.... The only ones that aren't immigrants are the Indians."

NO, WE ARE NOT A NATION OF IMMIGRANTS. Our ancestors may have been immigrants, but 85% of our population was BORN HERE.

Secondly, THE INDIANS ARE DESCENDED FROM IMMIGRANTS ALSO. Does anyone believe they were hatched out in the sun on a tree stump? They may have been here FIRST, but they too, IMMIGRATED TO GET HERE.
    Everyone's ancestors are immigrants!!!!!!!!! Again technical. Are you an engineer or something? Goodness

How many ways can it be debated that WE(most) were born here, and (most) of our ancestor legally immigrated here?

First ones here had it as their nation. We ripped it away, raped it, slaughtered food sources, gave the Indians TB on purpose and NEVER went through with the treaties we signed!! FACTS are FACTS.
    Maine still owes every Indian a bushel of corn yearly from ??? many years ago.

My god I'm not saying we are not US Citizens BUT history is out there to research if you want to instead of debating this stupid sentence. I repeat.
    We ARE a nation of immigrants. READ

In answer to your question, I think you were born under a rock and evidently still reside there. IMHO
    Dick Morris

MW
    WorriedAmerican wrote:

Everyone's ancestors are immigrants!!!!!!!!!
    That doesn't make us a nation of immigrants! I'm not arguing the fact that our ancestors were immigrants, however, that doesn't make us a "nation of immigrants." That was true at one time in our history, but not anymore. We have immigrants here but the majority of us are native born.

I refuse to be labeled based on what my ancestors did almost 300 years ago. They were immigrants, I'm not.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    WorriedAmerican wrote:

Everyone's ancestors are immigrants!!!!!!!!!
    That doesn't make us a nation of immigrants! I'm not arguing the fact that our ancestors were immigrants, however, that doesn't make us a "nation of immigrants." That was true at one time in our history, but not anymore. We have immigrants here but the majority of us are native born.

I refuse to be labeled based on what my ancestors did almost 300 years ago. They were immigrants, I'm not.
    Now I get your drift, the last paragraph explains it.

I think we believe the same thing only differently. BUT I think we are a nation from immigrants and now with a bunch of illegal immigrants thrown in. Is that ok? I'm also willing to to take some heat from our ancestors. I'm ashamed.... and proud at the same time.
    Dick Morris

To get back on the topic:

HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ------------------------

MW
    WorriedAmerican wrote:

BUT I think we are a nation from immigrants and now with a bunch of illegal immigrants thrown in. Is that ok?
    Now we can agree.

The words "of" and "from" have two totally separate meanings.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast