Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    No, Judy, we didn't. That was a massive scramble few will understand. We went in with less and did an amazing job.

We do NOT use Air National Guard for such defense purposes.

Air Force was decimated. Nothing was as it should have been. That's why the gap in scramble time.

READ...chain of command was not in working order.

No different than our allowing this INVASION to overtake us while we sat in oblivion, we did the same by allowing klinton x2 to disassemble our military WHILE GIVING CHINA OUR NUCLEAR SECRETS THAT ARE NOW IN THE HANDS OF IRAN.

Truth is Truth. Can't sugar coat this mess because one may have sights set on bush.

There's plenty of blame to go around, folks.
    You know 2ndamendsis - you are correct on this what you wrote here and I agree wholeheartedly. Plenty of blame to go around. Do you realize that it was BECAUSE of my military experience in 1990 - 1994 that I came to my senses and started trying to warn people about what we are seeing today? But low and behold... no one believed me. I have been demonized and called names such as "extremist" and "conspiracy theorist" and "in need of a padded room" and "don't join the military, look what it did to him"...

Fact is, I've been alerting peope and warning them since I left the U.S. Army in 1994. But either it's too frightening for people to contemplate - OR - they don't think the problem really exists and, as a result, they simply could care less.

Bad state of affairs for sure though, I can at least say this much.
    Pro Patri Vigilans! Death to Aztlan!!

Quote Originally Posted by diana717
    Bush uses our military when it suits his purposes, like Afghanistan or Iraq. Funny how he couldn't manage to use it to help save our citizens rotting in the streets of New Orleans after Katrina.
    I agree that was a very good illustration of where priorities lie. Sincerely.

Concerned,

thanx for the offer........I love bowling! wish I could but, never got my pilot's license {came close} and my car just won't cut the ice.

I'm not going to continue this conversation as it's turning towards our troops on the ground and I believe that anything negative that's said concerning their mission is license for the enemy to fire another round at them.

If you have a DD214 then you know what I'm talking about.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Had I been the commander in chief at that time, the book would have been turned over to a teacher. I'd keep my composure as I followed the agent out of the classroom. Once away from the kids, I would run like HELL scrambling for my secure red-switched phone, get patched through to air traffic control from where that plane came from and find out what happened
    Exactly. After the first plane hit he should have been hustled out of there immediately. He sat there for how long? Nobody questioned it at the time because the country was in shock. Fishy doesn't even begin to describe it.

Iraq and Afghanistan, while I do NOT disagree one bit that they represent a horrendous threat - I remain firm on my basic understanding of true national defense.

We DO have the ability to use technology - computers, laser guidance systems etc., to build a formidable anti-missile defense system. With proper monitoring by satellite, ICBM missiles CAN be detected at least half an hour before they reach "destination U.S.A." Even with the new radar-defying missiles the fact remains that the propellant systems are still "old school" and the heat signatures from the baffles on those things are still quite discernable via satellite!

The way a radar-evading missile works is that it still needs to expend propellant in order to reach a sub-atmospheric altitude (perigee). The concept has always been: reach the stated altitude, turn off the "fire" and then let the Earth do the movement as it sits up there until just the right moment when the jets fire one final time to aim it downward and give it a boost to it's intended target. I know this is overly simplified - if we have any air force folks here who have more information on this - please provide it for the remainder of the students and myself here - would you?

All it takes is basic computational calculations on a satellite to detect the coordinates of the launch, the direction it is heading, where the intended sub-atmospheric location would then possibly be. A satellite could have equipment which could watch in that direction to watch for the descending burst of the rocket stage. An ICBM only has enough fuel on board at that point to position the rocket and send the warhead to it's intended target. So once it has fired off to it's destination, there is no more repositioning or fuel to change it's flight path.

Calculations are made and the warhead can be destroyed before it reaches ground. There CAN be a resultant high-altitude EMP pulse which could still disable many digital forms of communications if not properly protected, but lives could be spared. Electronics can be replaced - lives cannot and cities cannot.

When it comes to invasion, maritime attack and attack by air - if a nation has done it's homework by building up a powerful internal protection mechanism supported by an armed civil populace and a robust national guard - attack attempts would be considered a very suicidal gesture on the enemy's part.

If time, money and resources were sent on INTERIOR national defense, and if the same were also applied to living in a more self-sufficient manner, no enemy would have it so easy to attack us with NBC weapons (Nuclear, Biological and Chemical), invasion OR economic sanctions. Try as they may.

What we have is the concept of disarming the civil populace, trashing our military and sending what little we have left overseas. This is knee-jerk response and absolute bass-ackwards thinking. We've been left as sitting ducks.

The anti-second-amendment junk needs to be repealed or ignored. The concept of "leaner yet meaner" military needs to be scrapped. In place of what our forefathers laid out for our national defense, it has been replaced by a Department of Homeland Security (insecurity?) and a do-nothing approach to our national borders.

I'm certainly not happy about any of this one bit, and it's all that has driven me to consider making a run for political offices as a STATESMAN (NOT a politician) and give it my all. Of course, one person won't affect change by him/her self - but when things finally become a matter of life and death in this country, I want to be able to say that I gave it my all for my people.

Concerned,

thanx for the offer........I love bowling! wish I could but, never got my pilot's license {came close} and my car just won't cut the ice.

I'm not going to continue this conversation as it's turning towards our troops on the ground and I believe that anything negative that's said concerning their mission is license for the enemy to fire another round at them.

If you have a DD214 then you know what I'm talking about.
    Yup, I have both original copies of my DD214 filed away for safekeeping. You only get one copy and then you're done We were told to protect them as though they were our ... well, I won't say what the military guys said we were supposed to protect them like to maintain sanity on the board here

I understand your fear of the conversation turning to our troops on the ground there. I have been there and done that, so I assure you I don't want to do anything to endanger them either! I do honestly believe it's time to bring my brothers back home for now to "police themselves and regroup"

As for Iran and the garbage they have spewed lately - I know of ways we could take care of that situation within just a half an hour without ground troops anyway. They've made very brazen threats of mass destruction and genocide not only toward specific others in the Middle-East, but also toward us.

I don't know about you, but I'm a crazy man. If someone threatens to mass exterminate any population - history books click in my mind and I don't want those types of events to happen again. We now have the technology to nip it in the bud and I sure wouldn't be afraid to use it if the need called for it.

And 2ndamendsis - WHY didn't you ever finish getting your pilots license?? You know, that's something I've always wanted to myself before my life is over with or I get too old to fly. Some of us just can't get into keeping our feet on the ground all of the time!!

Quote Originally Posted by concernedveteran
    Bush uses our military when it suits his purposes, like Afghanistan or Iraq. Funny how he couldn't manage to use it to help save our citizens rotting in the streets of New Orleans after Katrina.
    No it is not.

States rights! Constitution folks. Come on.......the Governor of La was comletely at fault!! Along with that idiot Nagan who just got re:elected.
    Really.......I don't believe this.

Bush's can take the blame for FEMA but you have no right to blame him for the original problem. Tell me, why did the Gov. of Miss call 1 day ahead of the hurricane and REQUEST federal help? hmmmm
    But, the numbnut in La REFUSED to call for help. The whitehouse called her and she said NO.

The State must request federal help, period. La blew that big time.
    They refused to spend their money because as corrupt as they are, it went into their pockets. Why do you think the levees weren't fixed?
    They talked about it for some years.

Get with it folks. Read the Constitution and stop spewing the crap that the MSM keeps feeding you.

Blame bush for FEMA but that's it. Remember, those idiots put those people in Convention centers and left them. That's the state's fault.
    Didn't hear about that magnitude of garbage from Miss.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by concernedveteran
    No it is not.

States rights! Constitution folks. Come on.......the Governor of La was comletely at fault!! Along with that idiot Nagan who just got re:elected.
    Really.......I don't believe this.

Bush's can take the blame for FEMA but you have no right to blame him for the original problem. Tell me, why did the Gov. of Miss call 1 day ahead of the hurricane and REQUEST federal help? hmmmm
    But, the numbnut in La REFUSED to call for help. The whitehouse called her and she said NO.

The State must request federal help, period. La blew that big time.
    They refused to spend their money because as corrupt as they are, it went into their pockets. Why do you think the levees weren't fixed?
    They talked about it for some years.

Get with it folks. Read the Constitution and stop spewing the crap that the MSM keeps feeding you.

Blame bush for FEMA but that's it. Remember, those idiots put those people in Convention centers and left them. That's the state's fault.
    Didn't hear about that magnitude of garbage from Miss.
    Well, I realize FEMA was only part of the problem 2ndamendsis. Sorry I omitted La's share of the responsibility - should have at least mentioned it - I didn't mean to bring you another step closer to having a coronary there. Honest!

If you want to get into a full-fledged discussion on Constitution - I can go all the way on that too, and how the Federal Government has overstepped it's bounds by meddling in TOO MANY State's affairs! Every state along the coastal areas should know by now that they need to have plans drafted AND have the human resources to deal with those plans. LA certainly lost a boat-load of points in my perception of it's government and how it handles it's responsibilities.

I gave until it hurt when it came to bottled water and clothing from goodwills. And what did FEMA do? They turned away trucks carrying it!!

Unfathomable. Rediculous. Unacceptable.

Lousiana was very much at fault also, but sorry extraordinary times call for extraordinary measures. Louisiana's governor and mayor screwed up, they should have asked for help but because they didn't the people of New Orlean's get to suffer? Bush could have sent in our military to help anyway. Does anyone think he would have been condemed for that?

But that's just my opinion, who am I to question the Decider?

Lousiana was very much at fault also, but sorry extraordinary times call for extraordinary measures. Louisiana's governor and mayor screwed up, they should have asked for help but because they didn't the people of New Orlean's get to suffer? Bush could have sent in our military to help anyway. Does anyone think he would have been condemed for that?

But that's just my opinion, who am I to question the Decider?
    The President wants to send our military to the border to ensure safe passage of illegal immigrants, protecting them from the terrifying Minutemen and vigilante ranchers out there. If he sent them to a border state during a hurricane, he would probably have them stand with their backs to the wind putting them at risk while they line the streets to show the hurricane which way to go to get into the city to do the most harm.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast