Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: America’s Addiction to Opioids: Heroin and Prescription Drug Abuse

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Another example of our Period of Ironies and Opposites.

The author of your article:

https://www.usnews.com/topics/author/carrie_wofford

The article sounds like this writer cares about people, cares about your brain cells, cares about addicts, cares about families, right? You'd almost think this article was written by a "conservative" get in your life and business type person all for your own good of course, right? HA! No, obviously that isn't true. She's a DEMOCRAT PARTY STRATEGIST writing this article to prohibit legalization to sustain open borders, to perpetuate illegal immigration to support the foreign drug cartels lining everyone's pockets.
    Being a democrat party strategist or democrat doesn't mean you can't care about the ill effects of schedule 1 drugs on people. Your argument, without evidence, is really disingenuous. As hard as this may be for you to believe, there are liberals that oppose the legalization of drugs simply because they care about its harmful effects on their fellow man and our children. Democrats are fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, ect., etc., too.

The last poll I remember seeing showed over 30% of Democrats were opposed to the legalization of marijuana. While I grant you that is a minority, it still doesn't mean the Democrat that wrote this story wasn't one of them.

As history proves, the majority isn't always right.
    Last edited by MW; 03-16-2017 at 05:03 PM.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Let me clarify so you're not confused by yourself, I believe most people who support the War on Drugs, and there are exceptions, care very little about their fellow man or woman. For the most part, the political support for the War on Drugs is about more fake crimes to lock up people to increase the law business, the prison business, the law enforcement business, keep the borders open and the illegal drug trade and illegal immigration thriving in the United States. I don't believe most give a hoot about the suffering of a Heroin or Meth addict. I believe they actually despise these people for some reason.

In 1913 when the first federal regulation of such drugs started, the addiction rate of the US population was 2%. Over 100 years later after millions and millions of arrests, incarcerations, felony records, ruined lives, broken families and hundreds and hundreds of billions of dollars spent on the process, the addiction rate of the US population is still 2%.

These are personal issues the government can not solve. What the government can do is regulate it, educate about it, tax it and use some of the revenue to provide rehabilitation, although rehab only works in a small percentage of addiction cases and usually takes many attempts over many years. Government can regulate the quantity and quality to make the drugs as safe as possible with lots of warning labels, side effect information, and emergency numbers on the packages. Government can license sellers and make sure they honest, decent, responsible people.

Whether hard drugs are ever legalized I don't know. I think it is the best. I agree with LEAP on this, Law Enforcement Against Prohibition, but pot should definitely be legalized in the meantime. For Democrats, without the illegal drug trade shut down by a legalized trade in the United States, there is no traffic across the borders, there are no illegal aliens, there is no payola for political protection, promotion, etc., blah, blah, blah of "immigrant communities". That's why Democrats support the War on Drugs.

You don't see or admit the connection. It's okay, lots of people don't see it yet, but more and more are seeing it every day, in fact, I think a majority now sees the connection along with the failed futility of the War on Drugs which has not saved a soul or spared even one life in the United States, it's done the complete opposite and killed thousands and thousands of Americans and ruined the lives of millions and millions over the years. A travesty with a big BLUE bow on it.
    Last edited by Judy; 03-17-2017 at 08:13 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'm a mother to a 30 year old son who became addicted to oxy by his doctor.
    My son was dx with crohns disease at 14 .
    at 20 he was no longer on our insurance and one of the docs I took him to happened to be across the street from where he moved to .
    He went to him because he was in pain n wanted prednisone to help the flare up..his disease was bad..At 14 he was taking 26 pills a day...
    so he thought I'll go to him since he went to him before, well he gave him oxy that's where our nightmare began.
    his dreams were gone his life has never been the same, he was athletic n took care of himself until he walked into his office...I knew something was not right with him n he came clean to us but it was to late...couldn't get him into rehab it was a 6 months wait oh but he could do detox but he went right back to it....well 3 months later the doc lost his license to prescribe meds and all the while the law was watching him, and watching these kids go in n out of his office..He would get them hooked then have them sell it...well I'm sure you know what came next, yep heroine. Doc got away with it my son n us are still in the nightmare.
    So my son got busted doing heroine n off to prison for two years...came out did great n got in car wreck n got pain pills n it triggered his brain n Back on heroine...got him in rehab n it was a joke it really was...I want my son back but I don't see that happening unless they do rehab in different way,,,like when he left prison they should put them in a intense drug program for a 6 months to a year then throw them back behind bars for 3 months while the brain is clear ,then have out patient treatments...I have tried to get help for him but really there isn't any.

when they did the war on drugs back in the day they rounded up all of our druggies n dealers n meth cookers n the cartel took over..they have made it so addicting n also strong enough to kill as soon as it hits the vein....our town is full of these addicts n the doctor n the frigging law allowed it to happen..My son will never be free from this
    no matter what we do or what we say it's there ...they take theses kids and scare them that they will be in prison for ten years if they don't snitch....my son didn't that's why he served more time..but the ones who do are in jail then out in two months...we have become Mexico here n the cops are to scared to go after the top guy....iI just want something to help these druggies that are not inner city kids or adults because here if you're white you don't get help because you're from small town America.

i have a lot to say but I'm gonna end it here with ...I'd rather my kid smoke pot than drink n drinking does lead to doing thing you would never do sober or smoking pot....I'm from the 70s era ..so yes been there done that but we knew never ever touch heroine....But the cartel came in gunning with both barrels n brought down our kids..

also my my son had never been in trouble before but he went to med security prison with gang members n killers n the child molester were protected but to throw someone into a mix like that is wrong...he was a druggie he was not violent . He once had dreams.
    Last edited by ExCaliGal; 03-18-2017 at 03:44 AM.

ExCaliGirl, thank you for sharing the story of your dear son. It tells the tragedy of the War on Drugs, the War on Pot, and the clear collusion between authorities and the drug cartels. Your son goes to jail and the cartels become multi-billionaires. Such a tragedy. I'm sure your son is a good person, and it's very wrong what happened to him and what authorities did to him. So wrong. Bless his heart, he's dealt with so much. The present rehab system just doesn't work very well because it's program oriented for funding instead of person oriented to heal.

I long for the 70's, don't you? It was my favorite decade. Things made sense, most things were right, and those that were wrong were moving in the right direction to be fixed. Then I just don't know what happened, everything went bonkers, the ramped up War on Drugs, open borders, amnesty, illegal immigration, ramped up legal immigration, free trade treason, wars, terrorism, unemployment, poverty, spending out of control and national debt to pay for it.

Very sad to see our wonderful country going through this and the terrible price citizens like your son are paying as a result of it. The Oxycontin is a terrible drug. It should probably be removed from the non-hospital market. And hospitals have got to stop prescribing it in most of its "pain management" programs. There's just something not right about it.

You know Rush Limbaugh got hooked on this stuff.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Efforts launched to legalize marijuana, heroin, cocaine, LSD & other drugs in Arizona

“This initiative is 100% complete legalization of all drugs. It forbids the government from taxing or regulating any drug.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Messi-branded cocaine worth $85 million seized in Peru

Colombia leads the world in coca leaf growing, churning out about 60,000 tons a year.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Truly, I don't know any young people who do drugs - or I don't know if they do.

BUT - the young people I talk with are very aware of the dangers. They are young and feel invincible and think it won't happen to them. That's part of being young.

Of course, a lot of supposedly mature people feel the same way.

As for abuse - I think any use of a drug other than for medicinal purposes, and the appropriate drug, and only in the amount needed, is abuse.

NO AMNESTY

I put that story right up there with the other garbage they have been feeding the American people over the years.

Things like 'we need the illegals, they add to the economy'.

They are just doing the work no one else will do.

There are 11 million illegals in this country.

Our veggies will rot in the fields without illegals.

Irag has weapons of mass destruction, and we can't wait for the mushroom shaped cloud.

Eggs and butter are bad for you.

Don't drink raw milk.

I mean I could fill this entire sight with the ridiculous 'truths' the media has put out there - all designed to brainwash the people.

Bravo!! Love your post, nntrixie. And I think you're exactly right.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12