Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

He looks mighty comfortable in that garb does he not?

Quote Originally Posted by DHolmes7
    Is this for sure a NON doctored photo -not doubting you but now days someone could have sent it to you
    Here is a link to a Drudge Report article on this picture.

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashoa.htm
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Chosen
    I think it illustrates what this guy is about when it comes to foreign policy. Offended by the mixing of church and state in the pledge, but not buy Islamic dress.

Apprently he isnt pursuaded here either:

If you're actually interested in the facts, Obama stance is correct in this picture. It wasn't the pledge. It was the national anthem. When the anthem is sung in the presence of the flag, one is supposed only supposed to stand in a dignified position. We're only supposed to put our hands over our hearts when the flag isn't present.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

I've never been able to figure out how that flag is even hanging there behind them. What is it hanging from? It looks super-imposed or whatever the term is.

Regarding the Drudge Report and the editors note that other elected officials have dressed in clothes from other nations when visiting....I don't know, this situation with Obama is more than just visiting, he has real ties to this.

I'm leery. Very leery of him.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AngelaTC,

I am aware that it isnt the pledge.

He however, does not recite the pledge as referenced in an earlier topic.

You are incorrect about the National Anthem:

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/36/301.html

TITLE 36 > Subtitle I > Part A > CHAPTER 3 > § 301Prev | Next § 301. National anthem
    How Current is This? (a) Designation.— The composition consisting of the words and music known as the Star-Spangled Banner is the national anthem.
    (b) Conduct During Playing.— During a rendition of the national anthem—
    (1) when the flag is displayed—
    (A) all present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart;
    (B) men not in uniform should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold the headdress at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart; and
    (C) individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note; and
    (2) when the flag is not displayed, all present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    I've never been able to figure out how that flag is even hanging there behind them. What is it hanging from? It looks super-imposed or whatever the term is.

Regarding the Drudge Report and the editors note that other elected officials have dressed in clothes from other nations when visiting....I don't know, this situation with Obama is more than just visiting, he has real ties to this.

I'm leery. Very leery of him.
    Other leaders have worn the clothes. But I don't recall them having ties to the despots who owned them.

Exactly my thoughts, Chosen.

Heck we've seen George Bush dancing with the people in other countries, wearing something unique to their culture......but this with Obama is tredding on new and uncharterd territory for the USA.

I hope MOST reasonable Americans will understand that this is no show of respect and politeness to a group......this is a "tie and connection" situation.

VERY DANGEROUS, in my opinion and obviously in many other people's opinions here.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I agree that this picture doesn't look very well. Also the one of Obama not having his hand over his heart as a potential President of this country surely should know about is also in bad taste. In the likely event Obama is elected President I am afraid we are in for BIG problems.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaTC
    Quote Originally Posted by Chosen
    I think it illustrates what this guy is about when it comes to foreign policy. Offended by the mixing of church and state in the pledge, but not buy Islamic dress.

Apprently he isnt pursuaded here either:

If you're actually interested in the facts, Obama stance is correct in this picture. It wasn't the pledge. It was the national anthem. When the anthem is sung in the presence of the flag, one is supposed only supposed to stand in a dignified position. We're only supposed to put our hands over our hearts when the flag isn't present.
    Ahhhh come on.......Do you really believe this?? It shows RESPECT----especially when we are in a war, have men/women dying in Iraq, had men/women who died on 9/11, etc. It should not be necessary for people to point out to him that he should show respect to our flag, country, military members, etc. by putting his hand on his heart during the National Anthem.

A Spry Farrakhan Sings Obama's Praises

By SOPHIA TAREEN
    February 25, 2008
    Associated Press

CHICAGO (AP) — In his first major public address since a cancer crisis, Nation of Islam Minister Louis Farrakhan said Sunday that presidential candidate Barack Obama is the "hope of the entire world" that the U.S. will change for the better.

............Farrakhan rebuilt the Nation of Islam, which promotes black empowerment and nationalism, in the late 1970s after W.D. Mohammed, the son of longtime leader Elijah Mohammed, moved his followers toward mainstream Islam.

Farrakhan has drawn attention for calling Judaism a "gutter religion" and suggesting crack cocaine might have been a CIA plot to enslave blacks.

Entire article trhough link............

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jsH7 ... wD8V13IMO1

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast