Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

No argument from me on that fact zeezil.

zeezil

We need to push Iran back out of Iraq.They are moving down the Arab side of the gulf. Do not hear that one in the news , eh?
    I do not like war. It really sucks but fact is once you start a fist fight you had better put them up or get ready to have the thrashing of your life. War is of that nature.

I once had an old lab dog that would walk with me out to check on the cows during calving season when I did not feel like saddling up a horse. One of her favorite things to do was run up to the newborn calves and sniff them until the mother got mad and chased her.

Then she would run from the angry cow and hide behind me leaving me to deal with a ringy angry range cow. Normally if I wanted to check a newborn I would walk up to it and pick it up.

The cows get mad but they will not hit you while your holding their offspring for fear of hurting them to. That lab near always took that option from me.

The dog always started it but I could not ignore the cow running straight at me because it was not my war. If I had I would not be writing this today.

That is my attitude about the war in the gulf.

I have lost a few young friends over there. One of my hired hands last year was sent home after getting hit in the face with a piece of concrete from an rpg. Still a few others from my list of fighting friends came home in one piece.

Most of them feel the same way I do , finish it and get out.

I never thought that we would be occupying Iraq. I thought that we would bomb and get out. Did any of you think it would last this long? Bush is an idot who has made huge mistakes. If the Democrats can win on the war issue I will be grateful. They will just stab us in the back with illegal immigration but I won't vote them in anyway.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Paige

One should never step in the ring so angry that skill and ability is forgotten. Discretion is a bad thing to lose sight off. It is almost always a key in any military aggression.

Bush was angry that saddam tried to kill his father. Clinton set it up for him as well by claiming Saddam had nukes.

There were so many reasons for Bush to be angry at Saddam that he forgot form and style in the ring. He acted so swiftly to instigate the retaliation once elected that there was no time to plan long term strategies and set up a meaningful exit plan with any assured successful result for the Iraqi people and our own as well.

If Bush had taken the time to plan it out with the input of those best informed and trained in each aspect of the drive it never would have taken place. The political ring would not have stood for it.

Look at the people in our presidents political and private life. He grew up with many of them a common factor in his childhood life up to now. His father and grand fathers friends and associates.

Face it , that is the only reason he was even on the ballots.
    I am not saying that I approve of all of his actions at all. Those that know me know better.

It is hard to feel sorry for the badger that is chewing on your leg because it was just raised that way but none the less, when we see badgers coming down the path we should avoid them instead of loading them in the white house and taking them home to meet the spouse and kids.

They bite.

Wise words you have written there. I had heard that Saddam was the reason for all of this and the fact he tried to have Bush Sr assinated. You are the second person I am hearing this from.
    -- John Wayne</div>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Current_account

...the United States current account deficit is driven by the desire of international investors to acquire U.S. assets (See Ben Bernanke, William Poole links below).
    'Tolerance' just means 'Take it!'
    It's not about conforming your mind to reality β€” but conforming reality to your mind (your mind over matter, not matter over you).

I hope I won't be getting too technical for people.

However, some of the factors which contribute to America's "current account deficit" are:

Large "Transfer Payments" β€” payments from the Gov't (Uncle Sam) to foreigners, including foreign aid

Interest on National Debt β€” interest payments to foreign investors (ie, foreigners, like Japanese or Chinese, who loaned the US Gov't money when Uncle Sam borrows money*)

------->> HAVE I BEEN CLEAR: foreigners are loaning Uncle Sam money... and you know that money talks.... NON-citizens are giving UNCLE SAM more money than YOU ARE... FYI

*When you loan money to someone, they write you a receipt like you get at the hardware store. That receipt is called a bond. Also, loaning money to someone or something is called "investing" in that person or organization. Hence, "US Gov't bond" holders have invested in the US Gov't, and they then get interest on their loans, just like you get at the bank when you loan the bank your money (to put into an account).
    'Tolerance' just means 'Take it!'
    It's not about conforming your mind to reality β€” but conforming reality to your mind (your mind over matter, not matter over you).

I figured we were in big trouble when I heard about the Saudi Arabia deal. I was hoping that if we were going to sell arms to Saudi Arabia that it would go to build that darn fence.

It reminds me of Russia. They sold a bunch to Iran and now we are selling a bunch of arms to Saudi Arabia. We are going to have Iran shooting of Russian stuff and Saudi Arabia shooting off USA stuff. May the best weapons win I guess.
    -- John Wayne</div>

No Surprise

To me! We've been up the creek for quite awhile now. American voters need to get rid of the RATS!
    Pro Deo et Patria

To think that the Iraq war was because Saddam wanted to kill Pres. Bush I is being very simplistic.

Probably every tinhorn dictator in the world wanted to kill the Presidentof the Us at some point in time. I think the animosity between the Bush family and Saddam was more a busines deal gone south than anything else.

Why are we in Iraq? Seriously, I don't know. Is it to weaken America? Is it to destroy our military, our resources, put us in debt so we will be willing to accept whatever anyone offers as a solution?

Not for a moment do I believe it was anger over anything - it was planned and had been for a long time. This president just was told to get the job done - and he did.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast