Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Voting is important - but we have to admit voting is rigged.

We have two behemoth parties that pretty much decide who will get on the ballot. Now if you get to decide who is on the ballot - you are deciding who gets elected.

Here in Texas, recently, surely you saw what the Republican party did to redistrict and carve out the districts to achieve thier own goals. To be fair to the Republicans - the Democrats did the same thing, back then it was to achieve racial equality in representation. Either way you slice it, it is rigging the vote - or representation.

Yes, our federal government certainly should be doing some things, such as protecting our borders - they aren't doing that.

They should be negotiating trade deals that are in our best interests - they aren't doing that.

They should be conducing foreign policy in the best interests of the country - and not corporations - they aren't doing that.

But, no, just because a person doesn't vote - doesn't mean they aren't working for the betterment of this country, and while everyone should vote, it isn't the end of it.

You are right - we aren't the same people - that's a fact. WE have always had corrupt politicians, but the American people were bascially good - most of the time and that made the country run fairly well.

But the fact is, it isn't the same government I grew up with - they have gathered so much power into the federal government just in my adult lifetime.

If the states still had the right to make laws regarding anything but those things specifically given to the federal government, the people might actually have an opportunity to run this country.

To suggest that we actually have that much power through our votes is naive, I think. With the parties controlling so much, voting machines, motor voter registration, internet voting, no id required - our elections are quickly becoming a joke.

If it were on a state level, we would only have to get the ear of our own state officials to get things done. WE don't have to go up against the giant of the federal government.

Not sure what laws we can't do without - maybe some - but on a domestic front - I don't know.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    Just me, but I think the big overgrown churches should cut some loose to do God's work - not perpetuate this corrupt government. This government needs to be put on a very lean, cleansing diet, until it gets back to doing the things it should do.

The only significant thing about taking prayer out of school, etc., is that Christians just sat around and whined about it and didn't remind themselves and their children, that no one, no one, can take God out of anything. As long as God is with you, He is there.

No one, no one, can tell you when you can pray - that's strictly between you and God.

Perhaps if Christians, (pointing at myself) had spent a little more time on our knees or talking with God as we work, we would not be having so many problems in this area, or our schools.

Perhaps if we had put the monies we have to work doing God's work, rather than giving it to corrupt politicians, we wouldn't be having these problems.

If we truly believe that God is God - the Almighty God - why are we putting so much faith, trust, and money into politicians???

I'm preaching at myself now -----

That’s the problem we can say it
    But we never do as a country... because we are afraid of whose feelings are going to be hurt next…and honestly the felling of those certain people didn’t mean much in the first place or they would have been on the Good or Gods side. Children can still pray in school true but be g darn if they get caught doing it together. I truly believe most Americans are ready for this election. The people I’ve talked to are saying they cant wait and every is remembering the pat past of these cure all so called speakers for America but speakers with the do nothing actions...

No, I think they can pray together - they just can't do it aloud in a classroom or assembly or whatever. Believe it or not, many schools and classrooms still have prayer -

My point, prayer is/should be with us at all times. It isn't something we can't loose - and we didn't. We gave it up.

I don't understand what you mean by 'That’s the problem we can say it
    But we never do as a country... because we are afraid of whose feelings are going to be hurt next'

When I talk about praying and doing God's work, I'm not talking about attempting to force someone to listen to you about some church doctrine - I'm talking about praying to God. No one needs, and in my opinion, no one should know when you are praying. That's between you and God.

I am not one of those Christians that want others to get up and preach in a school or from the floor of congress. You see, there is no way in this world, I could ever be a member of one of those mega, feel good, churches - nor could I donate to one of those TV evangelists. There are people who call themselves Christians that I want no part of and I don't want them pushing that down my throat.

I certainly don't want Pal Robertson as my President - and I don't want some TV evangelist running the treasury -----
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    No, I think they can pray together - they just can't do it aloud in a classroom or assembly or whatever. Believe it or not, many schools and classrooms still have prayer -

My point, prayer is/should be with us at all times. It isn't something we can't loose - and we didn't. We gave it up.

I don't understand what you mean by 'That’s the problem we can say it
    But we never do as a country... because we are afraid of whose feelings are going to be hurt next'

When I talk about praying and doing God's work, I'm not talking about attempting to force someone to listen to you about some church doctrine - I'm talking about praying to God. No one needs, and in my opinion, no one should know when you are praying. That's between you and God.

I am not one of those Christians that want others to get up and preach in a school or from the floor of congress. You see, there is no way in this world, I could ever be a member of one of those mega, feel good, churches - nor could I donate to one of those TV evangelists. There are people who call themselves Christians that I want no part of and I don't want them pushing that down my throat.

I certainly don't want Pal Robertson as my President - and I don't want some TV evangelist running the treasury -----
    LOL i find it hard to believe any one wants them
    they dont even make good tv What i ment was we use to pray as a nation
    It was always Christams season Now America is selling out to who ever for the safe gaurds we dont even need there was a time when no court would here a case about praying a pray or in God we trust
    I want that Back

Gogo,

I'm going to disagree on you taking issue with Dr. Paul not supporting Israel. He agree's to support our allies, but why keep Israel in a welfare line? Because that is exactly what government aid is. They are very capable of defending themselves against their unruly neighbors. They are a great nation, the least you could do is give them the respect a great nation deserves, and that's NOT giving them government aid with strings attached that suite OUR interest.

GO RON PAUL!!!!!
    "When the Government Fears the People, there is Liberty. When the People Fear the Government, there is Tyranny."

Thomas Jefferson

No one wants them, but they voted for Pres Bush and many because 'he's a good Christian man'. But don't forget Pat Robertson's father was a poltician - and if you don't think Pat Robertson may look like a buffoon, but he holds strings he pulls and he knows where some bodies are buried.
    That kind of people scare me.

But why can't we still pray together as a nation? Prayer is talking to God - not speaking into a microphone. We didn't loose it - we threw it away.

No, they still have prayers at football games, and other school activities. I was a volunteer aid for a year and the kids asked the blessing before lunch every day.

What kind of faith did we have if this stopped us?

Do you know why we no longer have Christmas? Because Christians continued to spend their money with people who refused to recognize the holiday that was reponsible for 50% of their income. It's just that simple.
    They (we) don't have the courage of our convictions to not spend our money with businesses that dont' acknowledge that.

No one can take away your faith, your religion, your belief in God, you can only desert it yourself.

Banned
    Do you know why we no longer have Christmas? Because Christians continued to spend their money with people who refused to recognize the holiday that was reponsible for 50% of their income. It's just that simple.
    They (we) don't have the courage of our convictions to not spend our money with businesses that dont' acknowledge that

nntrixie
    Im not sure I understand what people
    I thought it was because the people that dont celabrate christmas and the non God belivers didnt want to here about it In school and ect... Although a moment of silence is a good time to pray I still say we should say bow you heads and pray...

OK, yes, there are those who don't believe in God who are pushing this.
    Then there are also some fuzzy thinkers who seem to believe if a non-believer hears about God or Christ - or even the word Christmas, they will be irrevocably harmed.

When I said Because Christians continued to spend their money with people who refused to recognize the holiday that was reponsible for 50% of their income.
    They (we) don't have the courage of our convictions to not spend our money with businesses that dont' acknowledge that

I meant that we continue to spend our money with merchants who would rather placate the few complainers than to acknowledge that the Christmas holiday is what keeps them in business.

The stores are more afraid of a minority than they are of the Christians.
    If Christians were to let those stores know, unless they acknowledge Christmas - with signs and wishes of Merrry Christmas, they would not spend money in that store - things would change.

Imagine Christians, all Christians, boycotting the commercial aspects of Christmas. Next Christmas there would be Merry Christmas and Nativity scenes all over the place - or merchants would have a new definition of 'Black Friday'.

Quote Originally Posted by minnie
    Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    MEMBERS OF THE CFR REMOVE THEIR NAME FROM MEMBERSHIP WHILE RUNNING AND HOLDING OFFICE AS PRESIDENT. If you dig deeper, you will find that Hillary, George Bush, Giuliani, Thompson, ALL OF THE PRESIDENTIAL NOMINEES, have at one time or another belonged to either the CFR, Trialateral Commission, or the Bilderberg Group. Their pledge is to make sure that anyone elected into office is/was a member who will continue to employ other members. They all stick together and aim for the same outcomes. Which is the GLOBAL ELITE controlling the people. NEW WORLD ORDER.
    The best example is BARACK OBAMA his name isn't in any list but he IS a member.
    YES. That is true. This is the 'new' trick. Cheney did it. Wasn't till he was elected till he came out with it. Now that they know we see them for what they are, they are 'silent' members.

Even if they aren't members, most of them are pawns of this group -

What do we do?

So many people are not realizing that doing the same old thing, will get us the same old results.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast