Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I DONT BELIEVE THE FDA DOES NOT KNOW WHERE THESE TOMATOES CAME FROM. THE PEOPLE WHO GOT SICK KNOW WHERE THEY GOT THE TOMATOES. AND WHO ARE THE SUPPLIERS FOR THOSE SOURCES? BY NOW THEY MUST KNOW WHO THE SUPPLIERS ARE. ASK THE RESTAURANTS/FOOD CHAINS/GROCERY STORES WHERE THEY GET THEIR TOMATOES.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    I knew this issue would lead back to mexico....sewers usually do.
    According to the FDA they do not know where the tainted tomatoes originated from, not yet. The story was reported on the Lou Dobbs show tonight. Even though there is a good chance the tomatoes came from Mexico, we shouldn't jump to conclusions.
    You're right, I shouldn't, but chances are pretty good they came from there. I saw a map of the US on the news tonight and ALL the border states with mex were infected....
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    SicNTiredInSoCal wrote:

You're right, I shouldn't, but chances are pretty good they came from there.
    I agree that the odds favor Mexico as being the culprit. However, if on the outside chance that we're wrong, it's just more ammunition for our enemies to utilize against us. Unfortunately our enemies like to take every opportunity presented to twist our words into a hate messages against Latinos. Just saying.........

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

SicNTiredInSoCal wrote:

You're right, I shouldn't, but chances are pretty good they came from there.
    I agree that the odds favor Mexico as being the culprit. However, if on the outside chance that we're wrong, it's just more ammunition for our enemies to utilize against us. Unfortunately our enemies like to take every opportunity presented to twist our words into a hate messages against Latinos. Just saying.........
    Understood. I've seen it first hand!

If they do not know where they came from why is Mexico not on the safe list ???

Well, I like Savage, I hate Bush and NAFTA, and I never vote GOP anymore, but NAFTA was pushed by Daddy Bush and signed by Clinton and supported by Dems and Repubs and still supported by McCain and Obama and most everyone else, more NAFTA agreements coming with rest of third world. I don't see Savage's point...

I think this story is good news. I'd rather pay for the water to wash my tomatoes than for the education, healthcare, and welfare for those farmworkers if they came here.

MW
    fmrjarhead wrote:

If they do not know where they came from why is Mexico not on the safe list ???
    IMO, Mexico is probably at the top of a very short suspect list. However, that is not proof. All I'm saying is that we need to hold off on the finger pointing until we're sure. Hopefully we will know where the produce originated from in the next few days.

Wouldn't it be something if the tomatoes are coming from one of those former American corporate farming enterprises (U.S.-owned VegPacker de Mexico comes to mind) that moved to Mexico. That would certainly give us reason to lambast our government for allowing some farming businesses to relocate out of country for the sake of cheap labor without consequence. IMO, there should be duties imposed by government on imported or exported goods (tariff). The hell with NAFTA and free trade. I support fair trade! At the expense of American labor, free trade has opened the door for American businesses to follow the cheap labor market.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

You know they will never say they came from Mexico because that would be ammunition for our side...And those farmers who went over to grow crops in Mexico because it was cheaper will be screwed and how much do you bet at this moment they are lobbying for our government to make up a place where these infected tomatoes came from? it will be labeled an "isolated" incident in a small town in the middle of nowhere that came in contact with this or that and that there is no further danger to the US consumer and Mc donald's can go back to selling tomatoes again...Mc donald's has not come out and said these tomatoes did not come from Mexico, I find that strange....I haven't heard any issues by their PR where they came from and I find it highly suspect that it's been how many days and the government doesn't know where they originated from? They know they just aren't saying....More back door deals to screw the American public...

Wouldn't it be something if the tomatoes are coming from one of those former American corporate farming enterprises (U.S.-owned VegPacker de Mexico comes to mind) that moved to Mexico. That would certainly give us reason to lambast our government for allowing some farming businesses to relocate out of country for the sake of cheap labor without consequence. IMO, there should be duties imposed by government on imported or exported goods (tariff). The hell with NAFTA and free trade. I support fair trade! At the expense of American labor, free trade has opened the door for American businesses to follow the cheap labor market.
    Yeah, if they came from Mexico, I would bet that it was an company that relocated there. It would be just like the poisonous wheat and toys we received from China last year. It could shake things up, but I'm not sure legislatively how much the China ordeal changed Washington policy. But, too be sure, it will get people question our trade policy in the region.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

MW
    BearFlagRepublic wrote:

Yeah, if they came from Mexico, I would bet that it was an company that relocated there.
    That wouldn't surprise me one bit. Those folks have already shown their "true colors." They'll do anything to cut corners in order to improve profit margins. Damned those who suffer, maybe even die because of their greed! When compared to the United States, it's no secret that farming regulations and quality control are weak in Mexico.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast