Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Echoes of Chairman Mao are alive and well in Hollywood. Actress Gywneth Paltrow throw

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Echoes of Chairman Mao are alive and well in Hollywood. Actress Gywneth Paltrow throw

FlyoverCulture.com

Echoes of Chairman Mao are alive and well in Hollywood. Actress Gywneth Paltrow throws a fundraiser (what a shock!) for our Commander-in-Chief and burbles...
    "You're so handsome that I can't speak properly."
    COMMENTS, please!

President Obama at Gwyneth Paltrow Fundraiser: Democrats Should Feel "Sense of Urgency" Over...
    The Democrats many not want President Barack Obama out on the campaign trial, but they're happy to have him at a fundraiser, which brought him back to ...
    hollywoodreporter.com|By Tina Daunt

President Obama at Gwyneth Paltrow Fundraiser: Democrats Should Feel "Sense of Urgency" Over Midterms  

6:39 PM PST 10/09/2014 by Tina Daunt

AP Images

The actress hosted the President in her Brentwood backyard, gushing to Obama, "You’re so handsome that I can't speak properly"

The Democrats many not want President Barack Obama out on the campaign trial, but they're happy to have him at a fundraiser, which brought him back to Los Angeles Thursday and into Gwyneth Paltrow's backyard.

The actress introduced the President to a crowd of 200 supporters. She gushed: "You're so handsome that I can't speak properly." Paltrow also described herself as one of Obama's "biggest fans, if not the biggest."
    See more Highly Paid Film Stars
    Paltrow, who was joined by her children, Apple and Moses, told the crowd: "It would be wonderful if we were able to give this man all of the power that he needs to pass the things that he needs to pass." She cited sustainable energy efforts as well as Obama's push for equal pay, which she called "Very important to me as a working mother."
    According to a pool report: Obama gave much of his standard fundraiser speech — "tumult" overseas that includes ISIS, Russia and Ebola, about which he said, "I want to assure everybody that the likelihood of an epidemic here in the United States is extraordinarily small, but there's a humanitarian crisis that's happening right now in West Africa where children not much older, and in some cases younger than Apple and Moses, are dying on the streets alone."
    He spoke of 55 months of uninterrupted job growth, investments in energy, the success of Obamacare — "and yet people remain anxious."
    "Most of the gains in our economy go to the folks who are in this lovely yard — and the average person has not seen their wages or incomes go up in the last 20 years."
    See more Hollywood's 100 Favorite Films
    Obama finished by making his pitch: "I hope that in these midterms you feel a sense of urgency about this — and I'm talking to you, Democrats."
    Of Democrats' "congenital disease," Obama said: "A, we get depressed too easily, and B, we're terrible at paying attention to midterm elections."
    Obama also thanked Apple, Moses and Paltrow "for letting us crash your house" and noted that many of the faces in the crowd were people who had supported him since day one, "even before most folks could pronounce my name."
    After the backyard reception, Obama attended an exclusive dinner with 50 supporters, including Julia Roberts, her daughter and Bradley Whitford. Tickets for the event ranged $1,000 to $32,400 per person.
    On Friday morning, Obama will attend an ultra-exclusive Democratic National Committee fundraiser hosted by restaurateur Michael Chow and his wife, Eva Chow. The $15,000-per-person event will include a private Q&A session. The guest list was limited to 20 people, according to an email sent out over the weekend to Hollywood politicos.
    See more 10 Highest Grossing Movie Sequels
    After the Chow event, Obama will travel to San Francisco for two more fundraisers.
    With the November midterm elections less than a month away, Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton have all sought to raise more Hollywood cash amid concerns that the Democrats could lose their majority in the U.S. Senate.
    Biden was in town this week for a number of fundraisers, including a cocktail reception with Nancy Pelosi at the Brentwood mansion of Fox Filmed Entertainment chief Jim Gianopoulos. The event, which included a special performance by Carole King, was co-hosted by Jeffrey Katzenberg, Peter Chernin, Barry Meyer, Hope Warschaw, John Law and James L. Brooks.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...paltrow-739778
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 10-10-2014 at 11:21 AM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Gwyneth Gushed At the $32K-Per-Plate Dinner With Obama But There Were Some Unwelcome Visitors

3,931 Shares By Michael Hausam 2 hours ago

Getty - Jason Merritt

Actress Gwyneth Paltrow hosted a fundraiser for the Democratic Party at her house in Brentwood, California, on Thursday evening, and the headline speaker was President Obama.
    According to the Hollywood Reporter, she introduced the President with the following remark:
    You’re so handsome that I can’t speak properly. It would be wonderful if we were able to give this man all of the power that he needs to pass the things that he needs to pass.
    She also described herself as one of Obama’s “biggest fans, if not the biggest.”
    Not all the residents of the area were similarly thrilled, as seen by these posters – certainly unwelcome guests – that were plastered all over L.A.’s Westside:
    Image credit: GotNews

These were hung at the corner of Temescal Canyon and Sunset Boulevard:

The house behind the black gate? Gwyneth Paltrow’s:

The “Conscious Uncoupling” is a reference to the way Paltrow publicly described her divorce from Coldplay frontman Chris Martin. The picture clearly shows the President being separated from the American flag, and the comment underneath says, “Brought to you by Gwyneth Paltrow.”
    The tickets for this gala DNC event ranged in cost from $1,000 to $32,000, depending on how much face/camera time one wanted with the President.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/10/1864...come-visitors/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Actress Gwyneth Paltrow: Let's give Obama all the power he wants

October 10, 2014 7:04 AM MST

Actress Gwyneth Paltrow wants Obama to be able to rule like a dictator. Getty Images

If actress Gwyneth Paltrow had her way, Barack Obama wouldn't just be the president -- he'd be a full-fledged dictator with all the power to do whatever he wanted without Congress. Paltrow, The Blaze said Thursday, made the statement during a Democratic National Committee fundraiser in her home.
    "It would be wonderful if we were able to give this man all of the power that he needs to pass the things that he needs to pass," she said of Obama during an introduction the Associated Press said was "punctuated by 'ums.'" She also told Obama, "I am one of your biggest fans, if not the biggest, and have been since the inception of your campaign."
    Paltrow said in her introduction that Obama's push for equal pay was “very important to me as a working mother.” When she handed Obama the microphone, she told him, “You’re so handsome that I can’t speak properly.”
    Tickets to the event started at $1,000 for the reception, The Blaze said. The dinner cost a mere $15,000. Among the celebrities in attendance were Julia Roberts and Bradley Whitford.
    "The stupidity," Twitchy said, "is hitting Twitter like one of Iron Man’s repulsor blasts." One person, for example, called Paltrow a "fatuous totalitarian whore," while another said it was "living testament of Judge Judith Scheindlin's quote 'beauty fades, but dumb is forever.'"
    "Paltrow is a real genius...lol," one Twitter user said sarcastically. Another called her statement "disturbing on so many levels."
    "I refuse to believe she said that," added another Twitter user. "Now I fully expect her to carve an 'O' in her forehead."
    Prior to the fundraiser, posters in the neighborhood labeled Paltrow an "Obama Drone," Red Alert Politics said. According to The Hill, the signs are the work of a street artist named Sabo, who targets Democrats with his work. Jon Stewart and Samuel L. Jackson have also been labeled as "Obama Drones."
    Obama, the AP added, is set to attend three more DNC fundraisers in Los Angeles and San Francisco before returning to Washington on Saturday. The president thanked Paltrow and her kids for "letting us crash your house" and joked that he would like to take the actress to his next event.

Suggested Links

http://www.examiner.com/article/actr...ampaign=buffer