Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

You call SIX ON ONE a fight?
    I don't see that stated anywhere. According to the CNN documentary Justin (the boy beaten) was spewing racial hatred and trash talking to the black students for several weeks prior to the run up to the beating he received. There is also a white teacher interviewed in sillouhette who blatantly speaks negatively about the 3 who hung the noose (states he was not surprised when he heard about the noosses and who hung them) and about various other racially charged incidents of violence these three were involved in (with no consequences resulting) in the run up to the stomping.
    But let's not forget the loaded SHOTGUN pulled by the white student (taken away from him by the black students) is a lethal weapon and an illegal act for which no charges were ever brought.

Hanging nooses from a tree on public property simply because someone who has darker skin wants to sit there is a racist, cowardly act, and a warning of future actions intended to intimidate. It is also a hate crime. Yet again, no charges were brought against the white students for it.

Hate crimes are as illegal as the very aliens who invaded our nation. It is acts such as these perpetrated against US CITIZENS OF COLOR BY US WHITE CITIZENS that provides ammo for the illegal aliens to continually scream we are racists and xenophobes. Yet we want black citizens to join us to fight for a country where statements such as some I have read on this board clearly choose sides based on race not fact and think that its ok that charges were not brought against the white students who bare just as much (if not more fault) for the occurrence of this entire incident, yet they have never been charged or jailed for any of their actions. IMHO not punishing them simply because they are white merely encouraged and sanctioned the escalation of the hate and violence until a white boy was injured, only then did the US attorney decide to step in.

It saddens me to say this but with respect to race relations, we as a nation still have a very, very long way to go. Here we are 40 years later and the klan mentality is still alive and well. They also interviewed a white minister who said that racism was alive and well in Jena and that it is a racially segregated town. Blacks on one side Whites on the other, its like living in 2 towns. I think people should watch the CNN interviews/documentary and the picture will become crystal clear. Jena like much of the US has a serious racial inequality problems.

Our racial division is what will kill this nation with no help at all from the illegal aliens.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

Quote Originally Posted by WhatMattersMost
    You call SIX ON ONE a fight?
    [quote:1dkotckw]I don't see that stated anywhere. According to the CNN documentary Justin (the boy beaten) was spewing racial hatred and trash talking to the black students for several weeks prior to the run up to the beating he received. There is also a white teacher interviewed in sillouhette who blatantly speaks negatively about the 3 who hung the noose (states he was not surprised when he heard about the noosses and who hung them) and about various other racially charged incidents of violence these three were involved in (with no consequences resulting) in the run up to the stomping.
    But let's not forget the loaded SHOTGUN pulled by the white student (taken away from him by the black students) is a lethal weapon and an illegal act for which no charges were ever brought.
    Wikipedia says differently:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jena_Six

The 6 kids were arrested because all of them allegedly beat up
    Justin Barker.

Wikipedia also says no gun was EVER found.

Hanging nooses from a tree on public property simply because someone who has darker skin wants to sit there is a racist, cowardly act, and a warning of future actions intended to intimidate. It is also a hate crime. Yet again, no charges were brought against the white students for it.
    Maybe it was, but was Justin Barker PROVEN to have participated
    in hanging these nooses?

If they catch the kids involved they should be prosecuted.

Hate crimes are as illegal as the very aliens who invaded our nation. It is acts such as these perpetrated against US CITIZENS OF COLOR BY US WHITE CITIZENS that provides ammo for the illegal aliens to continually scream we are racists and xenophobes. Yet we want black citizens to join us to fight for a country where statements such as some I have read on this board clearly choose sides based on race not fact and think that its ok that charges were not brought against the white students who bare just as much (if not more fault) for the occurrence of this entire incident, yet they have never been charged or jailed for any of their actions. IMHO not punishing them simply because they are white merely encouraged and sanctioned the escalation of the hate and violence until a white boy was injured, only then did the US attorney decide to step in.
    So, hate crimes can ONLY be committed by white/caucasians?

It saddens me to say this but with respect to race relations, we as a nation still have a very, very long way to go. Here we are 40 years later and the klan mentality is still alive and well. They also interviewed a white minister who said that racism was alive and well in Jena and that it is a racially segregated town. Blacks on one side Whites on the other, its like living in 2 towns. I think people should watch the CNN interviews/documentary and the picture will become crystal clear. Jena like much of the US has a serious racial inequality problems.

Our racial division is what will kill this nation with no help at all from the illegal aliens.
    [/quote:1dkotckw]
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Quote Originally Posted by TheFomorian
    Hey everybody,

Owen Bucks wasn't expecting your responses. I think you should "correct" your posts!

OB, think a little deeper to see why you already lost this post.
    I just read more on the wikipedia article and TF is right, there's MORE to this than what OB or I knew. The kid was convicted by an all-white jury that included a friend of the victim's father. The trial was held in Jena. Bell, the kid convicted of beating Barker, was charged w/aggravated battery. A charge of aggravated battery requires the use of a "deadly weapon", in this case, the deadly weapon was Bell's tennis shoes! Bell was tried as an adult even though he was 16.

According to wikipedia Bell's conviction has been overturned and all charges have been dropped. It seems to me Bell's public defender wasn't very thorough either.

I think the issue is equal justice under the law, not whether or not Bell committed a crime.

The "shotgun incident" has nothing to do w/the Jena 6 case. It is a red herring. NO gun was ever found in the "shotgun incident." The "shotgun incident" is nothing more than a he-said/she-said incident.

Sam-I-am, I said fighting...I really don't get a darn if it was one and one...or twenty on one...I said fighting...NONE of the Behavior on either side do I find exceptable...Like I tell my children with every action comes an equal or opposite reaction...you choose...is it worth the energy...is this fight worth fighting
    that is all..
    if you don't get it ...its because you are not one of my children...and as long as they get it that is all that matters...
    I tell them the only thing to be done at school is get an education and god help them if I get a call from school about disrepectfully behavior of any kind...and for any reason...and they KNOW I MEAN IT!
    ...I have never been called to school...not ever...My son graduated with a 3.85 GPA and went into the Military...the other child has a 4.0...and spends all the extra time she has on a sport court of one kind or another...no time to act like azzes at school or in public...
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Hate crimes are as illegal
    Hate Crime = Thought Crime

The laws on the books before the Orwellian "Hate Crime" law passed were sufficient to get the job done.

Why aren't the Knoxville 5 murders considered hate crimes as well?

FREE THE KNOXVILLE 5!!!

WMM, praises to you!

I freed thousands of slaves; I could have freed more if they knew they were slaves.
    --Harriet Tubman

Thank you TheFomorian.

Sam I am: I never stated that, hate crimes can be commited by anyone with hatred in their heart for anyone of any race. Please do not put words in my mouth. I also wanted to clear up the fact that Wikipedia sucks and is not an accurate source for any form of information, even the spelling of simple words. There was indeed a shotgun brought to school by Justin. Once again he WAS NOT SUSPENDED NOR CHARGED with a crime as he should have been.

OB: While hanging black people from nooses was at one time an acceptable "sport" in podunk towns like Jena all over the US prior to the civil rights movement, that "sport", even in podunk USA has been illegal for quite some time now. Oh and BTW, hanging nooses from a tree is officially a HATE CRIME, thinking about it isn't.

With regard to your question, I have no knowledge of the Knoxville 5, this thread is about the JENA 6.

If you would like to start a thread about the Knoxville 5, I don't think anyone would object.

Sam I am: I never stated that, hate crimes can be commited by anyone with hatred in their heart for anyone of any race. Please do not put words in my mouth. I also wanted to clear up the fact that Wikipedia sucks and is not an accurate source for any form of information, even the spelling of simple words. There was indeed a shotgun brought to school by Justin. Once again he WAS NOT SUSPENDED NOR CHARGED with a crime as he should have been.

OB: While hanging black people from nooses was at one time an acceptable "sport" in podunk towns like Jena all over the US prior to the civil rights movement, that "sport", even in podunk USA has been illegal for quite some time now. Oh and BTW, hanging nooses from a tree is officially a HATE CRIME, thinking about it isn't.
    The nooses are nothing but a red herring. They have nothing to do w/the issue of the beating that Justin Barker received. There is no proof Justin Barker had ANYTHING to do w/the nooses whatsoever.

You state "Wikipedia sucks and is not an accurate source for any form of information, even the spelling of simple words". Dispute the facts not the source. If you can prove the facts are fallacious do so.

I would like to see proof of the fact that Justin Barker brought a shotgun to school as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-I-am
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFomorian
    Hey everybody,

The "shotgun incident" has nothing to do w/the Jena 6 case. It is a red herring. NO gun was ever found in the "shotgun incident." The "shotgun incident" is nothing more than a he-said/she-said incident.

Here you go: Read the entire article it pretty much defies your logic/defense.

This timeline clearly disputes your statement with regard to the shotgun incident which had a great deal to do with it:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/200 ... Jena_N.htm

September 6, 2006: Jena High noose incident triggers parental protests
    September 9, 2006: Jena students suspended, not expelled, over incident
    September 12, 2006: LaSalle board skips over noose incident September 19, 2006: LaSalle Board hears Jena High incident complaint
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who was the victim? What happened to him?
    Justin Barker was a student at Jena High. He was knocked unconscious and suffered several injuries to his face during the attack. Barker was transported by ambulance to a local hospital where he was treated for three hours. That evening he attended a ring ceremony at the high school.

Just a few days before the end of the school year, months after the Dec. 4 incident, Barker was expelled after a hunting gun was found in his car on the school grounds. He was charged as an adult for possessing a firearm in a firearm-free zone. His expulsion carried through to this school year.
    There is no justification for him NOT BEING ARRESTED IMMEDIATELY, instead he was simply expelled and walks away without a criminal record. Yet 3 black kids were charged with attempted murder for kicking his butt. A little biased don'cha think?

WhatMattersMost wrote-

And-

Just a few days before the end of the school year, months after the Dec. 4 incident, Barker was expelled after a hunting gun was found in his car on the school grounds. He was charged as an adult for possessing a firearm in a firearm-free zone. His expulsion carried through to this school year.

Are these two different incidents?
    Is this the same kid or two different ones?
    On the CNN special I thought they said it was a totally different kid that pulled a gun at a gas station/mini mart and some black kids wrestled it away from him and no charges were ever brought against that kid.

Please understand I am not trying to argue,it seems there has been so much differing information that it is hard to tell what really happened when and who was involved.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast