Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

[b]“Noose Incidentâ€

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide
    WhatMattersMost wrote-
    But let's not forget the loaded SHOTGUN pulled by the white student (taken away from him by the black students) is a lethal weapon and an illegal act for which no charges were ever brought.

And-

Just a few days before the end of the school year, months after the Dec. 4 incident, Barker was expelled after a hunting gun was found in his car on the school grounds. He was charged as an adult for possessing a firearm in a firearm-free zone. His expulsion carried through to this school year.

These sound like two different incidents.
    Quote-WhatMattersMost-
    Once again he WAS NOT SUSPENDED NOR CHARGED with a crime as he should have been.

Then in the second paragraph/quote above it says he was charged and had an expulsion that carried through to the next year.
    Is this the same kid or two different ones?
    On the CNN special I thought they said it was a totally different kid that pulled a gun at a gas station/mini mart and some black kids wrestled it away from him and no charges were ever brought against that kid.
    Please understand I am not trying to argue,it seems there has been so much differing information that it is hard to tell what really happened when and who was involved.
    My point was and is it is NEVER okay to violently attack anyone just because they say something cruel, derrogetory(sp?) or racist.
    Just think of the chaos that will ensue when the illegals eventually invade that town.
    No, its the same kid. I have heard 2 separate instances relating to him and the shotgun. The account I heard on CNN Sunday was that he had a loaded shotgun outside of a store, words were exchanged and it ended with the shotgun being taken away from him by the black kids.

The one in the article I posted may be a separate incident, I am really not clear, all I know is that I clearly heard it mentioned that he brought a shotgun to school. As for your point, I agree that violence is never the answer, but hanging nooses from a tree a violent threat which if not addressed as a hate crime (which it wasn't) signals its ok to the perpetrator to move forward with his intended threat.

At the end of the day it wasn't until the outside world stepped in did the DA decide to do the right thing in terms of lowering the charges he placed on the heads of the black students. Unjustly, to date, the white students merely received a slap on the wrist and no criminal charges/records resulted from their actions.

IMHO there is NO JUSTIFICATION for the schools' or the DA's inaction and resisting to press criminal charges against the white students who are just as guilty of exacerbation of this incident except racism.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

You can hear some interesting facts that seem to have been previously twisted by the media at the Jeff Katz podcast of 9/24/07 5 o'clock hour. (The entire second half-hour is informative.) Click on the "listen now" feature.

http://www.wbt.com/listen/podcasts.cfm

Quote Originally Posted by WhatMattersMost

Who was the victim? What happened to him?
    Justin Barker was a student at Jena High. He was knocked unconscious and suffered several injuries to his face during the attack. Barker was transported by ambulance to a local hospital where he was treated for three hours. That evening he attended a ring ceremony at the high school.

Just a few days before the end of the school year, months after the Dec. 4 incident, Barker was expelled after a hunting gun was found in his car on the school grounds. He was charged as an adult for possessing a firearm in a firearm-free zone. His expulsion carried through to this school year.

There is no justification for him NOT BEING ARRESTED IMMEDIATELY, instead he was simply expelled and walks away without a criminal record. Yet 3 black kids were charged with attempted murder for kicking his butt. A little biased don'cha think?
    You don't understand the concept of argument by red herring do you?
    What Justin Barker did in the past/future/present doesn't justify the crime committed against him. It's irrelevant. The victim isn't on trial. Nice try though.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-I-am

Justin Barker was a student at Jena High. He was knocked unconscious and suffered several injuries to his face during the attack. Barker was transported by ambulance to a local hospital where he was treated for three hours. That evening he attended a ring ceremony at the high school.

There is no justification for him NOT BEING ARRESTED IMMEDIATELY, instead he was simply expelled and walks away without a criminal record. Yet 3 black kids were charged with attempted murder for kicking his butt. A little biased don'cha think?
    What Justin Barker did in the past/future/present doesn't justify the crime committed against him. It's irrelevant. The victim isn't on trial. Nice try though.
    Um . . .yeah I do. You seem to think that what Justin Barker did and when he did it is irrelevant. EVERYTHING HE DID PRIOR TO HIS BEATDOWN is why HE WAS BEATDOWN and is VERY RELEVANT. The "VICTIM" should have been ARRESTED, CHARGED and on his way to trial for bringing a shotgun to school but he wasn't. It is that injustice coupled with the trumped up adult charges lodge against the juvenile black VICTIMS that brought out the masses and the racists. Why should the noose hangers, and race baiting shotgun totin' Justin merely receive a slap on the wrist while the black kids (2 of whom were juvenile) be charged as adults with a crime that could possibly net them 100 years in prison? Does that seem fair to you? . . . . . (never mind I'm sure it does)

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-I-am

Um . . .yeah I do. You seem to think that what Justin Barker did and when he did it is irrelevant. EVERYTHING HE DID PRIOR TO HIS BEATDOWN is why HE WAS BEATDOWN and is VERY RELEVANT. The "VICTIM" should have been ARRESTED, CHARGED and on his way to trial for bringing a shotgun to school but he wasn't. It is that injustice coupled with the trumped up adult charges lodge against the juvenile black VICTIMS that brought out the masses and the racists. Why should the noose hangers, and race baiting shotgun totin' Justin merely receive a slap on the wrist while the black kids (2 of whom were juvenile) be charged as adults with a crime that could possibly net them 100 years in prison? Does that seem fair to you? . . . . . (never mind I'm sure it does)
    Nice try again. The shotgun, according to YOUR own facts, was found in his car, no one was threatened by it, much less the THREE kids who beat him down. All charges have been dropped and the 20 year sentence overturned on appeal. You have no proof whatsoever Justin had ANYTHING to do w/the nooses. Your argument is NOTHING but a red herring. Maybe you should look up the definition of argument by red herring. The victim isn't on trial. He didn't beat himself up. To me it sounds as if you're trying to justify a hate crime. A THREE ON ONE hate crime at that.

http://www.thetowntalk.com/apps/pbcs.dl ... S/70915030
    He brought the shotgun to school as a threat just as the nooses were hung as a threat. According to several articles he continued with his racists rants and trash talking like most racist bullies do. The shotgun was supposed to back him up. While I think he should have been arrested and charged, the school thought it was at least dangerous enough to merit a slap on the wrist, thus the expulsion.

At the end of the day no matter what I link, or respond you will continue your sad attempt to justify the klan mentality of the white students, as well as THE WRITTEN FACTS that can be found in various articles all over the internet.

I'm just happy that the racists in podunk Jena have been exposed and that those kids will be charged as JUVENILES and not have to serve 100 years for beating up a racist bully.

That being said as far as I am concerned this entire discussion has run its course. *yawns* . . . . moving on.

He brought the shotgun to school as a threat just as the nooses were hung as a threat. According to several articles he continued with his racists rants and trash talking like most racist bullies do. The shotgun was supposed to back him up. While I think he should have been arrested and charged, the school thought it was at least dangerous enough to merit a slap on the wrist, thus the expulsion.

At the end of the day no matter what I link, or respond you will continue your sad attempt to justify the klan mentality of the white students, as well as THE WRITTEN FACTS that can be found in various articles all over the internet.

I'm just happy that the racists in podunk Jena have been exposed and that those kids will be charged as JUVENILES and not have to serve 100 years for beating up a racist bully.

That being said as far as I am concerned this entire discussion has run its course. *yawns* . . . . moving on.
    Nice, not only do you resort to argument by red herring but ad-hominem attacks as well. You've TWICE implied I was a racist. Too bad you can't refute anything I wrote. Where are the mods on this?

Are you a pathological liar? I NEVER ONCE tried to justify the "klan mentality of the white students."

I agree the kids should be charged as juveniles and I ALREADY agreed that they were being railroaded, but I thought that all charges had been dropped and all convictions reversed on appeal. Shouldn't these kids be charged w/something? Assault and Battery? Aggravated Assault? Something?

Furthermore, I think the beatdown of Justin Barker should be investigated as a hate crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Nouveauxpoor
    All the ado over the nooses just issues a challenge to the natural rebel nature of teenagers. Noose-hanging will become sport like stuffing people in a Volkswagen. This post-sixties generation probably does not fully understand the odious nature of the symbol. I don't like it but that's just the way it is and it is probably protected under the first amendment - like burning the American flag.
    Noose discovered in Hempstead police locker room
    BY COLLIN NASH.collin.nash@newsday.com
    September 29, 2007

A noose was found hanging Friday morning in the men's locker room in the basement of the Hempstead Village police department, village police Chief Joseph Wing said.

Wing said he immediately summoned Nassau police detectives and requested a forensic team as well as internal affairs investigators to the scene. Wing said he also notified the district attorney's office.

"It's my intent if the evidence bears out to press for criminal and administrative departmental charges, which could lead to dismissal," said Wing, who is of Asian and Italian descent. "I find this action horrific and intolerable."

Black law enforcement officials expressed shock.

"It's astonishing to hear something like this is happening in Nassau County in 2007, especially in Hempstead Village where half the police force is African-American," said John Nedd, president of the Nassau County Guardian Association, a fraternal organization of black police officers.

Continuing a 12-year effort to increase its numbers of blacks, Hispanics and other minorities and women, the Nassau County Police Department conducted a major effort to recruit members of those groups for a police exam last month.

The minority recruitment effort follows the U.S. Justice Department's first lawsuit against the county in 1977 for discriminating against minorities. The numbers for those groups from 30 years ago were not immediately available, but significant gains have been made for minorities over the past dozen years, officials said.

Wing, who has been in law enforcement for more than 20 years and became chief of the Hempstead department in April, said his department joined the county's recruitment drive and had a banner outside the village headquarters during the recruitment effort.

He said the racial breakdown of the village force of 107 officers, including about 12 women, is about 50 percent whites and 50 percent minorities - mostly blacks with about 10 Hispanics.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/nassa ... 0252.story

How sad . . . its nice to know not everybody thinks hanging nooses is an acceptable prank.

thanks for the article Nouveauxpoor!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast