Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

If anything, Beck was being too charitable to the nimrods who organized this Guy Fawkes fund-raiser, which is probably the single most idiotic campaign appeal to come down the pike since Hillary's idea of cutting every citizen a thousand dollar check upon her inauguration.

If you want to see scathing, then I suggest you take a look at AllahPundit's insightful coverage of this controversy:

http://hotair.com/archives/2007/11/02/r ... undraiser/

http://hotair.com/archives/2007/10/19/v ... he-minute/

Also, I'd like the Alex Jones fans here to point out just what it is that Beck said that was so insulting to Ron Paul. Or, for that matter, factually incorrect or inaccurate.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Again, I think someone has gotten to Glenn Beck and I think politicians are afraid of Ron Paul.

He is tapping into something in this country and the politicians don't like it. Rather than letting it become a national discussion, they are going to label it something scary, or label Paul as a clown, etc.

When the everyone starts doing this, we have to realize there is something there they don't want out.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

First of all, he didn't describe Paul as a "clown."

Secondly, if Paul wants more respect from mainstream conservative voices-and to date there's no evidence that he does-then perhaps he should disassociate himself from the kooks who organize things like a Guy Fawkes fund-raiser, try to find someone more credible Alex Jones to tout his presidential campaign on the airwaves, and explain why he won't return contributions from white supremacists like Don Black-or, at the very least, denounce him while he's cashing those checks.

MW
    Shapka wrote:

Also, I'd like the Alex Jones fans here to point out just what it is that Beck said that was so insulting to Ron Paul. Or, for that matter, factually incorrect or inaccurate.
    Thanks for asking that question. I too was sort of wondering that same thing.

nntrixie wrote:

Again, I think someone has gotten to Glenn Beck and I think politicians are afraid of Ron Paul.
    I can't speak for the politicians, however, I'm certainly afraid of what Paul will and won't do should he be elected President of the United States.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I didn't phrase that too well, I didn't say Glenn Beck said he was a clown.

I was saying that mainstream politicians and the media are going to label anyone a clown that might cause a real discussion of the things facing this country.

Personally, I look at who doesn't like a candidate as closely or maybe more so than who does.

I don't know who Don Black is - I'd have to check on that one.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Interesting that Glen Beck has a poll going on his homepage:

Who will win the '08 Republican nomination?
    Duncan Hunter
    Fred Thompson
    Mike Huckabee
    Mitt Romney
    Rudy Giuliani
    Tom Tancredo

Where's McCain and Paul?

The results are even more interesting:

Who will win the '08 Republican nomination?
    26.5%
    Mitt Romney
    22.7%
    Mike Huckabee
    19.6%
    Tom Tancredo
    18.7%
    Rudy Giuliani
    6.8%
    Fred Thompson
    5.4%
    Duncan Hunter

People assume Giuliani will win because he's perfected a "national" strategy.

I've got news for you, if he loses Iowa and New Hampshire to Romney and South Carolina to Thompson that strategy is going to be in ashes. The fact that Michigan might have to hold a state convention instead of a primary will be irrelevant by that point.

You've got to hand it to Tom Tancredo though.

He's the only Republican presidential contender to merit a mention in that reconquista, Che-loving idiot Carlos Castenada's new piece of slop.

http://www.amazon.com/Ex-Mex-Immigrants ... 1595581634

Quote Originally Posted by Shapka
    First of all, he didn't describe Paul as a "clown."

Secondly, if Paul wants more respect from mainstream conservative voices-and to date there's no evidence that he does-then perhaps he should disassociate himself from the kooks who organize things like a Guy Fawkes fund-raiser, try to find someone more credible Alex Jones to tout his presidential campaign on the airwaves, and explain why he won't return contributions from white supremacists like Don Black-or, at the very least, denounce him while he's cashing those checks.
    RESPECT:
    Ron Paul is the most consistent and traditional conservative out there. Let me guess, you disagree with him about the war, right? As Dr. Paul has stated in the past, the Republican Party was always about ending wars, not getting involved in nation building, not over spending. Seems the party has become more like Democrats. And you're happy with that?? How can you disrespect a man who has never flip-flopped on issues and strictly adeheres to the principles of the constitution? I just don't get it...

ALEX JONES:
    Did you know that Judge Andrew Napolitano and Pat Buchanan have been guests on the Alex Jones show? You are basing your judgement about Alex Jones by... what exactly? The news media? So far, anything that I found to be questionable by Alex Jones, I was able to verify. But I can certainly understand your doubts. Alot of the things he discusses is really difficult to wrap your mind around. I admit, he can be a loose canon at times, but don't allow that cloud your judgement. Keep an open mind. Do the research yourself.

GLEN BECK:
    I have to say that it's absolutely frightening that some on this board view Beck's comments as just a simple form of criticism, and that the reaction to it is "hysterical." It's one thing to call someone a clown or a kook, which I personally don't think is fair and balanced reporting anyway - it's just giving a personal opinion and then hoping the viewer will accept that opnion as their own.

The mere fact that Beck brought up Ron Paul supporters in the same report having to do with the topic of Home Grown Terrorism and Timothy McVeigh is CLEARLY an attempt to plant those seeds in the minds of the viewers, which is also infering that if you are unhappy with the government or distrust the government you are now labeled a TERRORIST. This isn't just about the Ron Paul campaign this is about all of us peaceful activists. You don't like open borders or the NAU and go out to protest it, don't be surprised to be called as terrorist too!

Look at some parts of that transcript again. (My emphasis in caps):

"HOMEGROWN TERROR A GROWING THREAT"?

Aired November 12, 2007 - 19:00:00 Â* ET

GLENN BECK, HOST (voice-over): It`s Veterans Day, the day we honor our troops fighting our enemies overseas. But what about the "ENEMIES HERE AT HOME? Could popular discontent and radical ideologies lead to another OKLAHOMA CITY?

Well, here`s "The Point" tonight. While our foreign enemies are the obvious ones, the PHYSICAL THREAT MAY BE DEVELOPING DOMESTICALLY, as well. And here`s how I got there.

As I told you last week, Ron Paul raised over $4 million in one day. That`s huge news. His supporters raised the cash on November the 5th to commemorate Guy Fawkes. This guy was a British TERRORIST who tried to OVERTHROW THE GOVERNMENT by BLOWING UP Parliament and KILLING everybody in it. PAUL'S SUPPORTERS called the donations, AND I'M QUOTING, "A MONEY BOMB."

It`s really not the way I would go, you know, tying my movement in with a historical TERRORIST ATTACK, especially in POST 9-11

If that feeling of disenfranchisement leads to political discussion, then our system works perfectly. But if FRINGE ELEMENTS take that disenfranchisement and turn it into violence, we ENDANGER the freedoms we`re supposedly all fighting for.

BECK: Jonathan, let me -- let me start with you. Guy Hawkes -- or Fawkes, as I understand it, he is basically an old-timey Timothy McVeigh.

That he is England`s version in the 1600s of TIMOTHY MCVEIGH, except his BOMB didn`t work. He`s a TERRORIST.

BECK: All right. Now, one of his big things, and I think this is where it ties in today. One of his big things was he felt that nobody was listening to him, that the government wouldn`t respond.

We felt that way, and that`s why we disbanded from the -- from Great Britain in the 1700s, as well, because we -- we felt like the king wasn`t listening to us. (IS HE NOW INFERING THE FOUNDING FATHERS WERE TERRORISTS??)

David Horowitz: There are plenty of, unfortunately, libertarian Web sites which are indistinguishable from the anti-American left these days. LouRockwell.com and others like that. TOTALLY IN BED WITH THE ISLAMOFACISTS AND HAVE TURNED AGAINST THIS COUNTRY.

OK. Where am I wrong? The Ron Paul revolution, I think it`s meant to be a catchy slogan, but I FEAR SOME OF HIS FRINGE SUPPORTERS ARE TAKING THE WORD "REVOLUTION" TOO LITERALLY. Agree or disagree?

First of all, Beck claims that he came to the conclusion that a PHYSICAL THREAT MAY BE DEVELOPING DOMESTICALLY, due to the fact that Ron Paul supporters donated over $4 million to his campaign in one day, which also happened to be Nov. 5th Guy Fawkes Day. THAT'S ENOUGH TO COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT WE ARE BECOMING A PHYSICAL THREAT??? Come on people, that's just a mild criticism? That's not frightening to you???

FACTS:
    Guy Fawkes Day is a foreign obscure holiday to most Americans. Also, the commemoration of that day in England, has to do with the thwarting of the plot, and not the plot itself.

The idea for the fundraiser was NOT started by Ron Paul nor was it based on Guy Fawkes Day but rather was inspired by the ending of the movie "V" for Vendetta. It's about the desire of people to take back control from a government that controls the population through fear and manipulation. The movie takes place on Nov. 5th. But of course, the MSM and the neo-con shrills won't tell you that!

DONATIONS:
    It wasn't contributed illegally and I don't believe he would discriminate based on the views of his supporters. (Even if he disagrees with them) Ron Paul has openly disavowed racism. Do YOU know the mindset of ALL Americans? I'm sure Giuliani, McCain, Romney, etc.. have accepted funds from similar people and even worse!

First they ignore you
    Then they ridicule you
    Then they fight you
    Then you win

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast