Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by April
    Cassie, I think Americans have always been unpopular abroad. The dislike for us seems to have intensified and is more easily seen in recent years. Maybe, because there is greedy power monger at the helm.
    He is very disliked, and untrustworthy but that is not because he is a Republican. It is because he is a corrupt man.

If you support Hillary, that is your choice, however, there are not alot of Hillary fans here. We like Tom and Duncan!
    We were really popular when Clinton was president. Clinton was charismatic, and had a good speech. People almost all over the world liked him, Europeans, Latin Americans, asians, etc. Bush is a person that is not willing to make compromises and he's an cowboy attitude. People dislike us because of the war in Iraq. We received a lot of symphathy when we were hit on 9/11/2001, yet Bush managed to turn the symphathy we received into a dislike for Americans. I'm a registered Democrat, and will vote any Democrat that wins the nomination. I don't like Tom Tancredo because he's a Republican. The only Republicans I like are Colin Powel and John McCain. They're moderate Republicans who're willing to work together with the Democrats. Bush is corrupt, but I think Republicans are more currupt than the Democrats. Republicans are backed by big business, and big business will do everything to make more money. We, the Democrats, are supported by the poor, minorities, and smart people of all walks of life. There're many democrats that oppose illegal immigration, but they'd still vote Hillary over Tancredo, we just don't trust Republicans. I like your avatar by the way, it's cute.
    mkfarnam, thank you so much for ya help. My laptop & windows are working again as it used to be. Thanks to you !!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cassie
    Cassie, I think Americans have always been unpopular abroad. The dislike for us seems to have intensified and is more easily seen in recent years. Maybe, because there is greedy power monger at the helm.
    He is very disliked, and untrustworthy but that is not because he is a Republican. It is because he is a corrupt man.

If you support Hillary, that is your choice, however, there are not alot of Hillary fans here. We like Tom and Duncan!
    We were really popular when Clinton was president. Clinton was charismatic, and had a good speech. People almost all over the world liked him, Europeans, Latin Americans, asians, etc. Bush is a person that is not willing to make compromises and he's an cowboy attitude. People dislike us because of the war in Iraq. We received a lot of symphathy when we were hit on 9/11/2001, yet Bush managed to turn the symphathy we received into a dislike for Americans. I'm a registered Democrat, and will vote any Democrat that wins the nomination. I don't like Tom Tancredo because he's a Republican. The only Republicans I like are Colin Powel and John McCain. They're moderate Republicans who're willing to work together with the Democrats. Bush is corrupt, but I think Republicans are more currupt than the Democrats. Republicans are backed by big business, and big business will do everything to make more money. We, the Democrats, are supported by the poor, minorities, and smart people of all walks of life. There're many democrats that oppose illegal immigration, but they'd still vote Hillary over Tancredo, we just don't trust Republicans. I like your avatar by the way, it's cute.
    Have you ever even been abroad? I have travelled extensively through four presidencies and the differences I have been able to discern in how we Americans are treated abroad are so miniscule as to be as likely the result of internal policies of the countries in question as they are a result of who sits in the White House.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by andyt
    I wondered how Dee Dee became press secretary. She was so young and had a lisp to boot , a small lisp but still a speech impediment .
    Before Dick Morris (an imbecile) was fired for good he implied that Hillary like to eat at the Y.
    That's the gist of what I was told by some Secret Service agents I worked with on a couple of jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost

Have you ever even been abroad? I have travelled extensively through four presidencies and the differences I have been able to discern in how we Americans are treated abroad are so miniscule as to be as likely the result of internal policies of the countries in question as they are a result of who sits in the White House.
    I visit Latin America twice a year, and Europe once per year. I've never been to Asia, but my twin sister goes there all the time. When I'm in Europe people keep asking me all the time why we went to war, and that America was wrong to invade Iraq. People can be rude now to us. I've experienced it myself, especially in Latin America.
    mkfarnam, thank you so much for ya help. My laptop & windows are working again as it used to be. Thanks to you !!!

I’m not really sure if I’m proud of this country, I used to be proud to be an American when Clinton was president, but Bush screwed everything up.
    Blame game. My country will outlast every president. I might have to suffer through a few bad ones.
    We, Americans, were very popular abroad under Clinton, and now I’m disliked for being an American wherever I go outside the country.
    We weren't "popular" then either. They just like our Dollars.
    I don’t know if Hillary was a speaker at that racist organization, La Raza.
    She was. You can use google and see for yourself or deny it if you please. I'll help you out, go strait to the National Council of La Raza's website and read it from there, google for images and copies of the speech. Fact is, she was a guest speaker for La Raza and so was Bill.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

@t DIXIE,

I’m not really sure if I’m proud of this country, I used to be proud to be an American when Clinton was president, but Bush screwed everything up.

Blame game. My country will outlast every president. I might have to suffer through a few bad ones.
    Clinton was the only good president in the last 20 years, and I want another Clinton. Over 60% of the voters in New York think Hillary would be a good president. Over 60% of the voters in Illnois think Obama would be a good president. If they run together, we'll have Illnois and New York.

The Bush state Ohio and other states near Illnois will vote Obama, I'm sure of that, he's very popular in that part of the country. Bush got a lot of Hispanic votes in Florida, but hispanics may see Obama as a person who will represent them more. Women, we're the majority in this country, will turn out and vote. And if we can only get 60% of the female vote, and 90% of the minority votes, Hillary and Obama will move into the White House, the way it should be.

We, Americans, were very popular abroad under Clinton, and now I’m disliked for being an American wherever I go outside the country.

We weren't "popular" then either. They just like our Dollars.
    This is not true ! When I was in France last year, people were not as nice as they were under the Clinton era. They called me war monger, stupid American, etc. They never did that when Clinton was president.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost

I visit Latin America twice a year, and Europe once per year. I've never been to Asia, but my twin sister goes there all the time. When I'm in Europe people keep asking me all the time why we went to war, and that America was wrong to invade Iraq. People can be rude now to us. I've experienced it myself, especially in Latin America.
    Sounds odd. Where do you go in Europe? Last year I went to France, Spain, Germany and England and I met up with friends and acquaintances from Slovakia, Norway, Denmark and Sweden. I have one British friend who hates Bush and loves telling anyone who will listen, but that's the extent of the commentary about anything resembling hostility toward Americans, and that was just directed at ONE American. I also travel to Asia and the Middle East. Again, I have experienced no hostility whatsoever. I do have a couple of intresting stories, however.

Last September on a last minute trip I ended up having to fly into Frankfurt and take the train to Munich and then Rosenheim because the flights to Munich were booked up. There was a guy who ended up sitting next to me who was obviously not German, but I figured that he was probably from the Eastern Mediterranean somewhere. We began talking and it turned out that he was from Iraq. What's funny is that he seemed to think that an American would have a problem with someone from that nation. We spent the trip discussing the politics and realities of the situation in Iraq, and he was a really nice and intelligent fellow. Rather than disliking me because I was an American, he was all the more keen to make an American friend. He gave me his address where he is staying in Frankfurt, and if I get back there this year I will probably look him up to go have a beer.

On a flight from Dubai to London, I ended up sitting next to a woman from Iran. We began talking and when she found out that I was American she had dozens of questions. The first thing that she wanted me to know was that she loved Americans. She asked why Americans did not like Iran. I explained to her that Americans have nothing against Iran per se or its people, and that back home I had a number of Persian friends who had relocated with their families when the Shah was overthrown. I explained that just as people in other countries often have objections to American foreign policy, many if not most of the people in America either don't understand what the government is doing or even actively oppose it. I explained to her that the problem with Iran was that her government had actively provided backing for terrorists who sought to target innocent Americans and other Westerners, and that we could not allow that to happen without a response. I explained that we Americans have no fundamental problem with the Shi'a and their practice of their religion, but that many are frightened by Islamic rhetoric that refers to an ultimate goal of the forcible conversion of us from our faith to Islam. She had no problem understanding that, and wanted me to know that most Iranians do not even adhere to that ideology - that most of them had rather do away with the theocracy and have a Western style government. Then we talked about movies and music and other things that two people talk about.

Again, the idea that anyone except radicals and lunatics hates us is not borne out in my travels, and they are probably considerably more extensive than your own.

Banned
    @t DIXIE,

Clinton was the only good president in the last 20 years, and I want another Clinton. Over 60% of the voters in New York think Hillary would be a good president. Over 60% of the voters in Illnois think Obama would be a good president. If they run together, we'll have Illnois and New York.

The Bush state Ohio and other states near Illnois will vote Obama, I'm sure of that, he's very popular in that part of the country. Bush got a lot of Hispanic votes in Florida, but hispanics may see Obama as a person who will represent them more. Women, we're the majority in this country, will turn out and vote. And if we can only get 60% of the female vote, and 90% of the minority votes, Hillary and Obama will move into the White House, the way it should be.

[quote:ufwkt9bn]We weren't "popular" then either. They just like our Dollars.
    This is not true ! When I was in France last year, people were not as nice as they were under the Clinton era. They called me war monger, stupid American, etc. They never did that when Clinton was president. [/quote:ufwkt9bn]
    You are straining the limits of credibility. Either you are engaging in hyperbole or else you are such a personally offensive individual that you brought derision upon yourself.

Again, I have NEVER had anyone speak to me like that in a foreign country, and I am not one to shy away from political discussions on foreign soil.

cassie,

Looks like a few polls have already convinced you, of who would be the next president. You still can not tell me the merits of either candidate. Some people are so easily fooled. I pity you. Baaaaaaaaaaaahh

There are enough world travelers here to put your opinion down. How do I know that you didn't take a bad attitude with you to France? I don't! They dont' take to kindly to being called Frogs. Garbage in, garbage out.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

CrocketsGhost wrote:

Sounds odd. Where do you go in Europe? Last year I went to France, Spain, Germany and England and I met up with friends and acquaintances from Slovakia, Norway, Denmark and Sweden. I have one British friend who hates Bush and loves telling anyone who will listen, but that's the extent of the commentary about anything resembling hostility toward Americans, and that was just directed at ONE American. I also travel to Asia and the Middle East. Again, I have experienced no hostility whatsoever. I do have a couple of intresting stories, however.
    Tell me those interesting stories, pleazzz ! I love to travel, when I go to Europe, I always make a trip across Europe. Last time was the Paris – Amsterdam – Berlin - Prague route. Next time I want to visit Rome, Athens, and Budapest. But most of my travels are to Latin and central America. I spoke to local people and they thought we’re greedy and arrogant people, and we should allow any person in the world to enter our country because we stole it from the Indians. This feeling has become worse as they referred to our imperialism and that we’re a modern colonizer and colonized Iraq. And that’s why they want to Latinize the USA, as a payback. People where not that rude during the Clinton era. Maybe we need to be Latinized and colonized, perhaps it’s our destinyand punishment for what we’ve done to them.

Last September on a last minute trip I ended up having to fly into Frankfurt and take the train to Munich and then Rosenheim because the flights to Munich were booked up. There was a guy who ended up sitting next to me who was obviously not German, but I figured that he was probably from the Eastern Mediterranean somewhere. We began talking and it turned out that he was from Iraq. What's funny is that he seemed to think that an American would have a problem with someone from that nation. We spent the trip discussing the politics and realities of the situation in Iraq, and he was a really nice and intelligent fellow. Rather than disliking me because I was an American, he was all the more keen to make an American friend. He gave me his address where he is staying in Frankfurt, and if I get back there this year I will probably look him up to go have a beer.
    Of course there’re always people that like Americans and don’t blame its citizens for what Bush does. But I faced many angry Europeans too, was disrespected, and yelled at by French and Muslims in Europe. When I said I voted Kerry, they started to be nicer to me. You can have traveled 1000 times and only had good experiences, while another may have traveled only one, and had a bad experience.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast