Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

worriedAmerica

I totally agree.

It is way past time we begin to actually protect America, Americans and America's interests.

That means bringing them home to work here in the US. All that money that we spend on those bases and personnel is being spent somewhere else in the world. Tie that in with the money the illegals are sending back to Mexico - and all that money could be spent right here in America building our economy and providing jobs - besides Wal Mart jobs.

I don't really know the condition of the military right now - but from the stories of no bullet proof vests, no armor plating on the vehicles, I have to wonder.

When I hear these people are doing 3, maybe 4 rotations in Iraq - that kinda says we don't have enough personnel.

We are in a mess folks, and going along with the same old media fed propaganda is only going to get us buried ----

But I say bring them all home. I suspect the timing of the news from Iraq - things are getting tense, people are questioning it - so they are going to suddenly leak some good news. Perhaps we aren't needed over there at all and perhaps our being there is the reason for most of the violence.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

WE HE PEOPLE agreed to this farce by putting into office people who have only two things in mind, power and money to keep that power .The buck stops with us !

To leave those people with the invading butchers will cause a bloodbath of innocents . We have destroyed their infrastructure and displaced alot of them .Before we went to Iraq, the secular , jews,christians and muslims all lived in forced peace . Hussain ruled with fist of iron, the only thing most muslims understand .

Why it has not been more successful is because we have tied the hands of our military behind their backs, imprisoned some of our brave who did fight back , so our leaders could be 'PC .

If we were really fighting terrorism, it was Saudi Arabia we should have started with after they attacked us on 911 .

The Crusaders knew how to fight fire with fire, they too became as violent as their enemy . Although they got out of control ,they stopped the world domination of islam .

We have become too PC and appeasing to evil in many forms .

A visiting frenchman once said , ' the reason America is great is because America is good, when America ceases to be good it will ceases to be great, [not exact quote ] '.

Where we use to have a church on ever corner, we now have a mosque . The values ,priciples and morals have been replaced with immorality, idol worship , perversion , epedemics of VD and division .

If we had a Patton or Washington in iraq it would have been over long ago with half the bloodshed on both sides .

Unless we get a military who cares more for their troops than the enemy or beingPC , I too would say bring them home .

The AbuGrab thing was all orcastrated or allowed by the manly looking woman commander who should have got put into prison along with some other higher ups got off scott free while the troops paid the price . What they did was wrong even though it was what they were told to do .

MW
    AmericanWorried wrote:

I didn't propose it Ron Paul did and he knows more than you or I, he also seems to be the only straight shooter in the bunch
    Okay, so you didn't propose it, however, you did endorse it (not a lot of difference).

No, Ron Paul isn't the only straight shooter in the bunch. Furthermore, what makes you think Ron Paul knows so much about foreign policy?

We can better protect ourselves from home base. We can have moles in the countries to gather information.
    No we can't protect ourselves "better" by dismantling our military through the closing of our foreign bases - it doesn't work that way. Not unless you would rather have World War III on our home turf. Personally, for the sake of my family, I'd rather have it somewhere else. If there ever is going to be a fight, I'd rather have it out in the yard vice in my living room, better yet a couple blocks away would be preferable. Yes, closing down our overseas bases would effectively dismantle our military and weaken it beyond recognition.

NEWS FLASH, Thanks to BUSH, we have lost that title.... Look at our country, it's pathetic and getting worse everyday Bush makes a NEW Executive Order!! We are already owned by Mexico, China and North Korea and others I suspect
    Not true, we are still a world superpower.

No!! They would all be here, protecting us and buying USA products and be closer to family, then maybe 100 a month wouldn't be blowing their brains out.
    I never said anything about them losing their jobs!! Hell we need everyone of them here to straighten us out It's cheaper to have them here also our ships, planes, tanks, etc too. We need to grapple with the invasion of Mexico, Iran, and Russia. We are a country under seige!
    Once again, it doesn't work that way. Closing down all our military bases abroad does not bring the jobs home. What it does do is eliminate jobs, hundreds of thousands of them. As for storage of our ships, planes, tanks, etc. - we would have no where to store them and no reason to keep them active. Ships would be decommissioned, plans thown in a graveyards, and tanks dismantled. What you're talking about is destroying our abilities to defend ourselves against a strong aggressor.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I am not sure there would be a bloodbath - although I did think that way once.

There was a news story fairly recently about a British officer whose 'group' of soliders was in charge of particular area. He said, he withdrew his troops, leaving the Iraqi police and Iraqi army in charge and the attacks dropped by 90%. He concluded that the attacks were aimed at the westerners and not the Iraqi people.

Are we what is drawing the fire and causing the death of innocents?

Two soldiers, different times, who had just returned from Iraq told my husband the fighting was by Iraqi people who did not want Americans in their country.

I do agree we destroyed a country and we owe them something. We owe them to rebuild it - we can't afford it, but we do owe it to them. We could get their oil flowing and help pay for the construction also.

Perhaps we could confiscate the assets of all those people in Washington that produced this horror and help pay for it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

the war in Iraq has been fought also by Blackwaters, Titans , civilian contractors ,etc...
    This woman gave an intervew on a DVD. I posted on this bouard saying she didn't know anything about what was happening in Abu Grab.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... &plindex=0

The intention of this war was never to win, we as fools were misleaded to believe them.
    YOU MUST WATCH THE VIDEO
    I agree with you if we leave they will take care of themselves. At least they won't have to "kill Americans, occupiers." BRING HOME OUR SOLDIERS.

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    AmericanWorried wrote:

I didn't propose it Ron Paul did and he knows more than you or I, he also seems to be the only straight shooter in the bunch
    Okay, so you didn't propose it, however, you did endorse it (not a lot of difference).

No, Ron Paul isn't the only straight shooter in the bunch. Furthermore, what makes you think Ron Paul knows so much about foreign policy?

[quote:181jmgu3]We can better protect ourselves from home base. We can have moles in the countries to gather information.
    No we can't protect ourselves "better" by dismantling our military through the closing of our foreign bases - it doesn't work that way. Not unless you would rather have World War III on our home turf. Personally, for the sake of my family, I'd rather have it somewhere else. If there ever is going to be a fight, I'd rather have it out in the yard vice in my living room, better yet a couple blocks away would be preferable. Yes, closing down our overseas bases would effectively dismantle our military and weaken it beyond recognition.

NEWS FLASH, Thanks to BUSH, we have lost that title.... Look at our country, it's pathetic and getting worse everyday Bush makes a NEW Executive Order!! We are already owned by Mexico, China and North Korea and others I suspect
    Not true, we are still a world superpower.

No!! They would all be here, protecting us and buying USA products and be closer to family, then maybe 100 a month wouldn't be blowing their brains out.
    I never said anything about them losing their jobs!! Hell we need everyone of them here to straighten us out It's cheaper to have them here also our ships, planes, tanks, etc too. We need to grapple with the invasion of Mexico, Iran, and Russia. We are a country under seige!
    Once again, it doesn't work that way. Closing down all our military bases abroad does not bring the jobs home. What it does do is eliminate jobs, hundreds of thousands of them. As for storage of our ships, planes, tanks, etc. - we would have no where to store them and no reason to keep them active. Ships would be decommissioned, plans thown in a graveyards, and tanks dismantled. What you're talking about is destroying our abilities to defend ourselves against a strong aggressor.[/quote:181jmgu3]

You are making a lot of assertions that have no basis in fact. You are arguing for a very weak miliatary implentation that we currently have over one that will consolidate our power and perhaps stave off economic collapse. If any jobs are lost they will be sucked up by the private sector, and the economy would gain by the influx of consumers. Not to mention that much of our reservists could go back to their "regular jobs" and not have to have dual occupatons. So, I disagree with your assertion about losing jobs etc.. Listen, our miliatry is in shambles. Plain and simple.

And you made a point of WWIII. No, it would never take place on our soil. Tactics and logistics show that it is unfeasible for it to take place as such.

I never thought we would win. How could we win, when we had no national interest there.

The many reasons given never made any sense.

I never understood it - still haven't really hit on a reason for it. I do think it was economic, though. As in making money for some big guys - other than the obvious (Halliburton), I'm not sure. It may have been a combination.

The American people were angry over 9/11. They wanted something done about it - Afghanistan made some sense to me, at the time. I really thought they were going to go after Bin Laden. Didn't know they were just going to install an oil company puppet and then say, 'Bin Laden who?'

We kinda had the military ball rolling and they just rolled it on over to Iraq.

The media did little questioning - and anyone who spoke out was branded unAmerican or unpatriotic or American haters, you name it - lots of ugliness aimed at anyone who even suggested we might think about it first.

Get rid of the illegal aliens and there would be more than enough jobs.
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    You guys need to look beyond Ron Paul's talking points and understand the reality of what you're suggesting, which by the way makes very little sense. The world is not full of heart candy and lollipops. There are some very conniving and extremely evil folks out there that would immediately take full advantage of the situation should it materialize as you propose. Trust me, Ron Paul is not the second coming and he won't be able to protect our world-wide interest or country with his "writings."

Chloe24 wrote:

I understand where you are coming from MW. Believe me, I used to think the same way before I weened myself off of FOX news!
    Sorry, I don't watch FOX news.
    Well, good for you!

Although I'm learning a great deal from his writings, this isn't just Ron Paul's talking points. What do you think, he's just making this stuff up off the top of his head? Many others are saying the same thing.

You really need to watch this documentary to see what this war is really all about. Maybe then you will understand what's truly going on:

Brief clips from Iraq For Sale:
    http://iraqforsale.org/videos.php

I would be satisfied,in fact I want our troops to come home today,but I know to do so now would let the sacrifice our troops have made and the price they have paid be for naught.I'm one of those that think that I would be better satisfied if we didn't have troops in ANY country,muchless Iraq.I think to leave now when our troops are winning would be the wrong thing to do.I was one of those who served during Vietnam and I'll never forget my feelings when Congress cut off all funds for futher funding the troops,thus assuring that all our sacrifice was for nothing and that we would suffer our first war lost,not because of the troops effort,but because Congress decreed it.I guess I just don't want us to lose again when our troops have acted so heroically.I want our troops home NOW,but I want to give them a chance to stabilize Iraq.I am not a Bush supporter,I am a troops supporter.JMO

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast