Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

McCain HAS to pick Mitt Romney as VP

I know there are issues w/everyone but I think Mitt Romney will be the best possibility for us to keep McCain on track. Mitt is a very experienced and smart man that will hopefully help the economy and hopefully keep illegal immigration at bay.

There are NO good choices for us so we have to work w/what we have. I don't believe in John McCain but I would support him to get a good VP. We cannot let obama hussein become president. He will ruin the United States of America as we know it.

If McCain picks Joe Liberman . . . . I am NOT voting!! It would be a slap in the face to all of us and show him as a Rhino and democrat that he shows himself to be!!!

What do you guys think??
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

I think you should not hold your breath for a Romney pick. Romney is too conservative for McCain. He is more likely to pick Huckabee than Romney because Huckabee did McCain the big favor of attacking Romney and imitating Romney's tough stance on illegal immigration during the primary to pull the Christian conservatives away from Romney.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Come on now, voting third party does send a message to the two big parties.

Either Obama or McCain but Republicans for the Congress to balance this mess out for us, maybe

Cannot stand Joe Liberman .
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You better blieve I'll send my message with a third party vote.

Re: McCain HAS to pick Mitt Romney as VP

Quote Originally Posted by alisab
    I know there are issues w/everyone but I think Mitt Romney will be the best possibility for us to keep McCain on track. Mitt is a very experienced and smart man that will hopefully help the economy and hopefully keep illegal immigration at bay.

There are NO good choices for us so we have to work w/what we have. I don't believe in John McCain but I would support him to get a good VP. We cannot let obama hussein become president. He will ruin the United States of America as we know it.

If McCain picks Joe Liberman . . . . I am NOT voting!! It would be a slap in the face to all of us and show him as a Rhino and democrat that he shows himself to be!!!

What do you guys think??
    According to the RNC program release, reading between the lines, it doesn't look promising. Here's one reason why- Note the bold areas on DAY 3:

For Immediate Release
    Tuesday, August 26, 2008 Contact: Joanna Burgos
    (651) 467-2728

'Country First': 2008 Republican National
    Convention Announces Full Program
    Convention Announces Additional Speakers and Program Details

SAINT PAUL, Minn. - The 2008 Republican National Convention today announced the names of additional speakers for the program of events that will run Sept. 1-4. The convention’s overall theme, 'Country First,' reflects John McCain’s remarkable record of leadership and service to America. Each day of proceedings will center on a touchstone theme that has defined John McCain’s life and will be central to his vision for leading our nation forward as president.

'The 2008 Convention program will bring together Americans who will speak to John McCain's vision for reforming our government, building prosperity and ensuring peace for future generations. We are excited about next week and we are looking forward to showcasing John McCain’s life-long record of putting his country first,' said Jill Hazelbaker, McCain 2008 communications director.

Among the new speakers announced today are Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.), House Republican Leader John Boehner (Ohio), U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham (S.C.), U.S. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison (Texas), former U.S. Sen. Bill Frist (Tenn.) and Chairman of the Texas Railroad Commission Michael Williams. Their remarks will echo the themes that have been selected for each of the convention’s four days: service, reform, prosperity and peace.

'We are thrilled to announce our full program of speakers and program participants. We look forward to presenting a convention program that will share Senator McCain’s unparalleled record of experience and service with millions of Americans,' said Maria Cino, president and CEO of the 2008 Republican National Convention.

The program of events follows. Additions to the program appear with an asterisk (*).

Monday, Sept. 1
    Service
    'Love of country, my friends, is another way of saying love of your fellow countryman.'
    --Sen. John McCain

John McCain’s commitment to his fellow Americans, a commitment forged in service to his country, is one of the defining hallmarks of his life. Monday’s events will highlight John McCain’s record of service and sacrifice and reflect his commitment to serving a cause greater than one’s own self-interest.

Speakers will include:

* President George W. Bush
    * Vice President Richard B. Cheney
    * First Lady Laura Bush
    * Gov. Tim Pawlenty (Minn.)*
    * Gov. Rick Perry (Texas)*
    * Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger (Calif.)
    * Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.)*
    * U.S. Sen. Richard Burr (N.C.)*
    * U.S. Sen. Norm Coleman (Minn.)*
    * U.S. Sen. John Ensign (Nev.)*
    * U.S. Sen. Orrin Hatch (Utah)*
    * U.S. Sen. Joseph Lieberman (Conn.)
    * U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann (Minn.)*
    * U.S. Rep. Tom Cole (Okla.)*
    * U.S. Rep. Lincoln Diaz-Balart (Fla.)*
    * U.S. Rep. Thelma Drake (Va.)*
    * U.S. Rep. Mark Kirk (Ill.)*
    * U.S. Rep. Kevin McCarthy (Calif)*
    * Maria Cino, President and CEO of the 2008 Republican National Convention*
    * Jo Ann Davidson, Chairman of the 2008 Republican National Convention Committee on Arrangements*
    * Tommy Espinoza*
    * Maj. Gen. Rick Goddard, U.S. Air Force (Ret.)*
    * Bill Gross*
    * Ashley Gunn*
    * Chris Hackett*
    * Doug Leatherdale*
    * Jay Love*
    * Cynthia Lummis*
    * Erik Paulsen*
    * Capt. Leslie Smith, U.S. Army (Ret.)*

Program participants will include:

* Victoria Blackstone, Stars and Stripes Winner, will lead the Pledge of Allegiance
    * Boy Scout Troop 738 of St Louis Park, Minn. will serve as the Color Guard

Tuesday, Sept. 2
    Reform
    'If you find faults with our country, make it a better one. If you are disappointed with the mistakes of government, join its ranks and correct them.'
    --Sen. John McCain

John McCain’s life is a testament to the fundamental truth that every American can be a force for change. A restless reformer who has dedicated his career to taking on special interests and the status quo, John McCain will deliver the right kind of change and reform to meet the great challenges of our time. On Tuesday, the convention program will underscore his vision of a government that is transparent, principled and worthy of the American people it serves.

Speakers will include:

* Former New York City Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani
    * Gov. Jon Huntsman (Utah)
    * Gov. Linda Lingle (Hawaii)
    * Gov. Sarah Palin (Alaska)
    * Former Gov. Mike Huckabee (Ark.)
    * Former Gov. Tom Ridge (Pa.)
    * Former Lt. Gov. Michael Steele (Md.)
    * U.S. Sen. Tom Coburn (Okla.)*
    * Former U.S. Sen. Fred Thompson (Tenn.)
    * House Republican Leader John Boehner (Ohio)*
    * U.S. Rep. Marsha Blackburn (Tenn.)*
    * U.S. Rep. Luis Fortuño (Puerto Rico)*
    * U.S. Rep. Adam Putnam (Fla.)*
    * State Sen. Dennis Hollingsworth (Calif.)*
    * Rosario Marin, California Secretary of the State and Consumer Services Agency and former Treasurer of the United States
    * Chris Collins*
    * Carolyn Dunn*
    * Phil Hayes*
    * Lisa Keegan*
    * Ruth Novodor*
    * Dr. Elena Rios *
    * Shirley Sadler*
    * Joe Watkins*

* Mary Leavitt will lead the Pledge of Allegiance
    * The VFW of Red Lake, Minn. will serve as the Color Guard
    * Rabbi Ira Flax will lead the convention in prayer
    * Dr. Robert Certain will lead the convention in prayer

Wednesday, Sept. 3
    Prosperity
    'America’s best days are still to come.'
    --Sen. John McCain

The American story is one of perseverance. Even in the face of tough times, the ingenuity and spirit of the American people has ushered in a new era of prosperity. Wednesday’s program will focus on John McCain’s plans to get our economy back on track and continue our long tradition of meeting the challenges we face and using our prosperity to help others. The day will conclude with an address by the vice presidential nominee.

Speakers will include:

* Mrs. Cindy McCain
    * Republican Party’s Vice Presidential Nominee
    * Gov. Bobby Jindal (La.)
    * Former Gov. Mitt Romney (Mass.)
    * U.S. Sen. Norm Coleman (Minn.)
    * U.S. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison (Texas)*
    * U.S. Rep. Mike Pence (Ind.)*
    * Mayor Mick Cornett (Okla.)*
    * State Sen. Abel Maldonado (Calif.)*
    * Carly Fiorina, Victory ‘08 Chairman for the Republican National Committee and former Chairman and CEO of Hewlett-Packard Co.
    * Meg Whitman, National Co-Chair for McCain 2008 and former President and CEO of eBay
    * Renee Amoore*
    * Anne Beiler*
    * Jessica Colon*
    * Christy Swanson*
    * Raul 'Danny' Vargas*

* Sharon Clahchischillage will lead the Pledge of Allegiance
    * The Law Enforcement Memorial Association of Minnesota will serve as the Color Guard
    * Father Edward Reese will lead the convention in prayer
    * Rev. Eva Rodriguez will lead the convention in prayer

Mitt Romney for President whoops V.P

Mitt Romney would a make great Vice President. I love the fact he Stated," he would cut off federal funding to santuary cities for illegal immigrates." He also Stated "Yes to legal Immigration but No to illegal Immigration!"It was riducules How McCain tried to smear his campaign with his hiring of gardners out his house that were sub-contracted and turned out to be illegal immgrates. McCain stated," Romney hired illegal immigrates." When everybody here knows that it is illegal to ask people for immigration papers working through a subcontracter. What was Romney suppose to do personelly ask every landscaper for their immigration paperwork? As we all know how easy it is for illegal immigrates get and use fraudulent I.D.s and Social security numbers. I hope that one day that all employees will be mandated to use e-verify.

Did I just overlook McCain's best friend, Lyndsey Grahamnesty on the speaker's list?

McCain says no vice presidential decision yet

By LIZ SIDOTI, Associated Press Writer 34 minutes ago

DENVER - Looking toward his turn in the spotlight, Republican presidential nominee-in-waiting John McCain said Thursday he had yet to decide on a running mate.

McCain was expected to name his vice presidential pick this week, possibly Friday. The hope is to curb any uptick in polling that Democratic nominee Barack Obama could get from his convention, which wraps up Thursday, and to create momentum heading into the gathering of GOP delegates for McCain next week in St. Paul, Minn.

McCain and his running mate are expected to appear together for the first time at one or more rallies, including one planned for Saturday in Pennsylvania.

McCain said in an early morning radio interview that he was bringing along to that event both former Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Ridge and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, two of the leading names on his short list. But he cautioned against assuming that meant either one would be the pick.

"I haven't decided yet so I can't tell you," he told KDKA NewsRadio in Pittsburgh early Thursday.

However, McCain talked glowingly of Ridge, a longtime friend who has been a frequent presence at his side during the campaign.

"He's a great American and a great and dear friend and I rely on him and I have for many years," McCain said.

Asked to hint which way he is leaning, McCain turned — as he has for days — to a joke, saying it would be actor Wilford Brimley.

"He's a former Marine and great guy and he's older than I am, so that might work," said the four-term Arizona senator who turns 72 on Friday.

Republicans with ties to McCain's campaign said final deliberations were focused on Romney as well as Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty and Democrat-turned-independent Sen. Joe Lieberman of Connecticut.

Inside GOP circles Thursday, speculation swirled around Lieberman. It was fueled by reports that McCain's advisers had asked for additional detailed information from him, by McCain's close friendship with the 2000 Democratic vice presidential nominee, and by word that Republican operatives had been told to prepare for the possibility of an "unconventional" choice.

GOP strategist Karl Rove late last week encouraged Lieberman to withdraw his name from vice presidential consideration, but Lieberman rejected the suggestion.

A person familiar with the phone call, who requested anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly about it, said the suggestion from Rove, President Bush's former top campaign adviser, was laughingly dismissed by Lieberman.

There's been talk among Republican insiders that, should McCain choose Lieberman, he may well declare in his vice presidential speech or his nomination acceptance speech that he will serve only a single four-year term. GOP operatives say that, combined with putting Lieberman on the ticket, would be a way to show how the ticket would try to work in bipartisan fashion and reinforce McCain's claim that he would put the country above partisan politics. It also could address concerns about his age.

Conversely, hard-core Republicans likely would question why someone who doesn't adhere to GOP orthodoxy would be a heartbeat from the presidency and the prohibitive Republican favorite going into the 2012 election. That would also raise lame-duck questions and literally touch off the 2012 race as soon as this election ends — if not sooner.

McCain himself has rejected a single-term pledge as recently as last week.

"No," McCain told Politico. "I'm not considering it."

Picking Lieberman, who supports the Iraq war but breaks with Republicans on most issues, notably abortion rights, would be all but certain to ignite a revolt on the right flank of the GOP heading into the Republican convention in St. Paul and following a week in which McCain's campaign stoked a storyline of division among Democrats in Denver.

McCain, who spoke with the radio station from his home in Sedona, Ariz., has told people that he would make no final decision until after he talks with his wife, Cindy. She has been in the country of Georgia this week and had been expected to return late Wednesday.

McCain spent the past several days in Arizona huddling with advisers and working on his nomination acceptance speech.

Ridge, meanwhile, was at his suburban Washington, D.C., home on Thursday. Asked by an Associated Press photographer as he took out the trash if he had any travel plans for the day, Ridge smiled and said he didn't. He went back inside and left in his car soon afterward.

Pawlenty, in Denver to be a McCain surrogate during the Democratic convention, said during a series of TV interviews that all the speculation may be fun and interesting but is foolish.

"Most of it turns out to be inaccurate," Pawlenty told Fox News Channel. "Those are questions for the McCain campaign, and I think they are going to make their announcement shortly."

___

Associated Press writers Glen Johnson in Boston and Andrew Miga and photographer Scott Applewhite in Washington contributed to this story.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080828/ap_ ... veepstakes

MW
    alisab wrote:

If McCain picks Joe Liberman . . . . I am NOT voting!!
    McCain and Liberman are personal friends. I'm sure he would love to have Liberman as his VP, however, McCain knows Liberman would kill his chances of becoming the next U.S. President faster than Michael Phelps can swim 200 meters! Nope, Liberman is not a viable choice because he would be unacceptable to the Republican base (many of which come from the religious right). Liberman is a pro-choice Democrat through and through. His support of the war effort basically comes from his desire to protect Isreal because of his Jewish roots. All that being said, I'm going to assume McCain has the ability to reason logically. Of course we all know what they say about assumptions.

Romney would be the logical choice, However, we all know there is no love lost between McCain and Romney. Considering their ideological difference, I'm not sure McCain can handle having Romney as his right hand man. We can only hope.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne
    Did I just overlook McCain's best friend, Lyndsey Grahamnesty on the speaker's list?
    Good catch! No, I just didn't post the last day's agenda. Here is DAY 4's lineup:

Thursday, Sept. 4
    Peace
    'Our next president will have a mandate to build an enduring global peace on the foundations of freedom, security, opportunity, prosperity, and hope.'
    --Sen. John McCain

John McCain understands the challenges that America faces in the world and the sacrifice necessary to defend our freedom in a way that few others can fathom. Thursday’s events will reflect his vision of an America in pursuit of peace and seen as a beacon of goodwill and hope throughout the world. The evening will close with John McCain accepting the Republican Party’s nomination for the Presidency of the United States.

* John McCain
    * Gov. Charlie Crist (Fla.)
    * Gov. Tim Pawlenty (Minn.)
    * U.S. Sen. Sam Brownback (Kan.)
    * U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham (S.C.)*
    * U.S. Sen. Mel Martinez (Fla.)
    * Former U.S. Sen. Bill Frist (Tenn.)*
    * U.S. Rep. Mary Fallin (Okla.)*
    * Michael Williams, Chairman of the Texas Railroad Commission*
    * David Flaum*
    * Christopher Fussner*
    * Lt. Gen. Carol Mutter, U.S. Marine Corps (Ret.)*
    * Charlie Smith*

* The 934th Airlift Wing Air Force Reserves Joint Color Guard of Minn.
    * Pastor Dan Yeary will lead the convention in prayer
    * Archbishop Demetrios will lead the convention in prayer

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast