Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

LOL He was doing exactly what our gov't says illegals do -he was picking Blackberries... I would think this would be most embarrassing to the Mexican gov't, but they don't seem to be embarrassed much about taking from stupid Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Notice how the authorities take all communication devices to hide their plans.

I wish someone from the media or public could legally get inside these meetings to warn the public about what is going on.

W
    You are so right William...
    But I think the "Watergate" way would be the way to go. Unless it is a National Security issue (which I highly doubt), cannot we find out through the Freedom of Information Act?
    <div>MY eyes HAVE seen the GLORY... And that GLORY BELONGS to US... We the PEOPLE!</div>

AE

This man must have relatives up here in Oregon, cause Blackberies grow everywhere and are free, so he must have thought these Blackerries were the same and decided to pick some "free Blackberries"!!!!!!

Diplomatic immunity my behind! This man is nothing more than a stupid criminal, and he should have been nabbed by Sercret Service for attempting to take potential sensitive material (from these devices) and we should have made a huge deal out of it like other countries do about stupid Americans who travel abroad and commit dumb crimes in other countries, they get the book thrown at them, but no, not a Mexican delegate, no we are going to let him walk.

And let's all not forget Dwayne Chapman and his Mexico troubles, they wanted to have him for lunch down there because he came in and captured a wanted serial rapist on their soil!!!
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Mexican official is fired after report of missing BlackBerry

Apr 25, 12:25 PM EDT

Mexican official is fired after report of missing BlackBerrys

By MARK STEVENSON
    Associated Press Writer

MEXICO CITY (AP) -- A press aide at the president's office has been dismissed following allegations that he took BlackBerrys belonging to U.S. officials at a summit in New Orleans, an official said Friday.

Rafael Quintero Curiel acknowledged picking up the telephone and e-mail devices at the New Orleans summit involving the leaders of Mexico, the United States and Canada this week, but said he thought they had been left behind and planned to return them.

The phones were recovered, according to White House Press Secretary Dana Marie Perino, who said she did not know if they contained sensitive information.

A Mexican government spokeswoman said Quintero Curiel had been dismissed from his year-old job coordinating logistics for reporters covering President Felipe Calderon's international trips. She spoke on condition of anonymity because she is not authorized to talk to the media about the case.

Participants at summits often are asked to leave their cell phones on a table outside meeting rooms to avoid distractions or as a security measure.

In Washington, Perino said on Thursday that "an individual from the Mexican delegation or a staff member was involved in these BlackBerrys, the disappearance of a couple of BlackBerrys."

She said "the matter is under investigation by law enforcement officials and they haven't decided yet what exactly happened, but they're working on it." It was not clear how many of the devices were taken or who they belonged to.

While Perino did not mention Quintero Curiel by name, local media reported that video surveillance cameras filmed him making off with the devices.

In a letter sent to Mexican newspapers and broadcasters, Quintero Curiel said he had picked up the phones because he thought they had been left behind. He said that as he rushed to the airport, he had given them to a driver to take back to the hotel to hand them over to management.

In the letter, he said U.S. Secret Service agents had approached him at the airport, asking him to return the BlackBerrys, but he said the agents thanked him for his help when he explained the incident.

U.S. President George W. Bush's entourage at the Monday-Tuesday meeting included Secret Service agents, policy advisers, Cabinet secretaries and other aides.

"I'm going to let the investigation take place before I comment on it," Perino said.

© 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy.

Link
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"Where ever there is a Mexican..."
    Che Guevara wears a picture of ME on his t-shirt.

AE

Rafael Quintero Curiel acknowledged picking up the telephone and e-mail devices at the New Orleans summit involving the leaders of Mexico, the United States and Canada this week, but said he thought they had been left behind and planned to return them.
    You know, one day, my son had left some of our yard tools out on the porch, and one of the string of maintenance men attempted to claim them. He said he thought because they (the tools) were on our porch, we didn't want them anymore!!!!!!!!! This excuse has been used with us so many times.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Cell phone products can record, take photos and transmit live voice and text, they are prohibited from hundreds of places where sensitive
    or classified meetings, or manufacturing exists.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345