Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mmmm Mmmm Good

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Wild Possum Kabob

Ingredients:
    1 Still breathing, corn-fed Possum
    3 Ripe but firm tomatoes
    1 Large white or yellow onion
    1/2 pound large mushrooms
    2 large green peppers
    1 package meat marinade
    1/2 cup soy sauce
    12 skewers

Preparation:
    The possum must be alive so that you can scare it, giving you the "wild" taste from all the adrenaline it produces. Boil the possum for 3 minutes to loosen the fur then skin and gut it. De-limb (chop the little knubby legs off) the possum and cut the meat into 1/2 inch square chunks. Marinate overnight in a mixture of meat marinade and soy sauce.
    Thread the meat and veggies onto your skewer/stick in alternating sequences to distribute the delicious flavor evenly. Cook over a barbecue, pit, 50 gallon drum or any other fire till you get the desired result. For added flavor, you can cook it over burning tires.

Now that is good eatin'!!

Banned
    Sassafras Tea

Go out and dug some sassafras roots assuming you all know what sassafras even is and now you are thinking about a steaming cup.

In the crazy lazy days of winter’s deep freeze, All true Kentucky people say sassafras tea thins the blood and soothes the soul. . But I can say with out doubt that a cup of steaming sassafras tea laced with honey will warm any true Americans hart and curl their toes.
    Step 1: Remove any dirt from the root and let dry (if you used water) moon shine does work but then you wont want the tea.
    Step 2: Cut the roots up not your fingers a neighbors axe should do just fine.
    Step 3: Put the pieces of roots (with bark) in a sauce pan and cover with cold tap water
    Step 4: Put the pan on the stove.
    Step 5 : Medium heat till the roots start to steam then turn it down (the fire not the pot) simmer 30 or so minutes
    Step 6: turn it down some more and strain it through a sock into a cup (a tea sock not a church sock)
    Sassafras roots contain carcinogens, and I know a lot of people who drink sassafras tea, and they don’t even know what carcinogens do (where do you buy dem at ) any time you can get sassafras roots keep them they keep a long time.

Banned
    Pigeon Pudding

Now catching these guys should not be to, to, hard.
    Prep work:
    1 hand full MacDonald’s French fries (burger Kings will do just fine)
    1 stick
    1 box
    1 string (no shoe strings are not long enough)

Ingredients:
    paste
    3 pigeons
    Three eggs
    Salt
    1 can beef stock
    Half of a beef steak

Step one:
    Tie string to stick
    Put stick under box to hold up one end
    Put French Fries on Ground under box
    Hide
    When birds go under box pull string

Step two:
    Line a basin with rich paste half an inch thick; put in
    three pigeons, with about half a pound of beef steak from
    well-hung meat, the yolks of three hard-boiled eggs, salt,
    pepper, and spices; and pour in gravy from the bones or
    trimmings, with brown stock as a foundation, to half the
    depth; cover with paste, and tie in a cloth. The pudding
    will require about three hours' boiling.

Put in old bowl and give to the neighbor that causes all the trouble around town this dish is also good for the in-law that won’t go home!
    I just made a pot and we made way too much to even start eating so I guess we will just give it away

I was driving down the Dan Ryan expressway this morning, when I noticed a tasty skunk. As luck would have it, my only resolution for the new year was to cut back on foods with scent glands. So...unfortunately, I can't try this recipe out this year, but I thought that somebody else might enjoy it. Bon apetite!

French Fried Skunk

Not for everyone, but good.
    3-4 servings 1½ hours 20 min prep

2 skunks, skinned and cleaned
    1 tablespoon salt
    water, to cover
    2 cups bear fat or lard
    2 egg yolks, beaten
    3 cups milk or cream
    1 1/2 cups flour
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    2 tablespoons baking powder

Clean and wash the skunks, making sure that the scent glands are removed. Cut up into small serving pieces.
    Put a soup kettle on the stove and add the meat.
    Cover with cold water and bring to a boil over high heat.
    Lower the heat and boil until the meat is tender, about 40 minutes.
    Remove all the scum that rises to the surface.
    Make a batter by mixing together the egg yolks, milk, flour, salt and baking powder.
    Mix real good until the batter is about like cake batter.
    Heat the bear fat or lard in a deep fryer to about 360 degrees.
    Dip the pieces of skunk in the batter and then fry them in the deep fryer until golden brown.
    Drain well and serve.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Neese
    I was driving down the Dan Ryan expressway this morning, when I noticed a tasty skunk. As luck would have it, my only resolution for the new year was to cut back on foods with scent glands. So...unfortunately, I can't try this recipe out this year, but I thought that somebody else might enjoy it. Bon apetite!

French Fried Skunk

1 tablespoon salt
    water, to cover
    2 cups bear fat or lard
    2 egg yolks, beaten
    3 cups milk or cream
    1 1/2 cups flour
    1/2 teaspoon salt

Clean and wash the skunks, making sure that the scent glands are removed. Cut up into small serving pieces.
    Make a batter by mixing together the egg yolks, milk, flour, salt and baking powder.
    Dip the pieces of skunk in the batter and then fry them in the deep fryer until golden brown.
    Drain well and serve.
    Can I replace the bear fat with wolverine fat if I am low on bear? Also, can I use the skimmed scum for making skunk cookies?

Banned
    Rocky Mountain Oysters

2 pounds calf testicles*
    2 cups beer
    2 eggs, beaten
    1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
    ¼ cup yellow cornmea1
    Salt and ground black pepper to taste
    Vegetable oil**
    1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce

* Be sure to ask your butcher for calf testicles, not bull testicles. Calf testicles are the size of a walnut and are much more tender than the larger bull testicles.

** Use enough vegetable oil to fill your frying container halfway to the top (to allow for bubbling up and splattering) and to completely cover calf testicles while frying.

With a very sharp knife, split the tough skin-like muscle that surrounds each testicle. Remove the skin (you can remove the skin easily if the testicles are frozen, then peel while thawing). Slice each testicle into approximately ¼- to ½- inch-thick ovals. Place slices in a large pan or blow with enough beer to cover them; cover and let sit 2 hours.

In a shallow bowl, combine eggs, flour, cornmeal, salt, and pepper. Remove testicles from beer; drain and dredge thoroughly in the flour mixture. In a large, deep pot, heat oil to 375 degrees F. Deep fry 3 minutes or until golden brown (will rise to the surface when done). Drain on paper towels. Serve warm with your favorite hot pepper sauce.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Neese

French Fried Skunk

1 tablespoon salt
    water, to cover
    2 cups bear fat or lard
    2 egg yolks, beaten
    3 cups milk or cream
    1 1/2 cups flour
    1/2 teaspoon salt

Drain well and serve.

So you pulled a par of aces.
    But Ive got the best hand.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate
    Rocky Mountain Oysters

2 pounds calf testicles*
    2 cups beer
    2 eggs, beaten
    1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
    ¼ cup yellow cornmea1
    Salt and ground black pepper to taste
    Vegetable oil**
    1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce

* Be sure to ask your butcher for calf testicles, not bull testicles. Calf testicles are the size of a walnut and are much more tender than the larger bull testicles.

** Use enough vegetable oil to fill your frying container halfway to the top (to allow for bubbling up and splattering) and to completely cover calf testicles while frying.

With a very sharp knife, split the tough skin-like muscle that surrounds each testicle. Remove the skin (you can remove the skin easily if the testicles are frozen, then peel while thawing). Slice each testicle into approximately ¼- to ½- inch-thick ovals. Place slices in a large pan or blow with enough beer to cover them; cover and let sit 2 hours.

In a shallow bowl, combine eggs, flour, cornmeal, salt, and pepper. Remove testicles from beer; drain and dredge thoroughly in the flour mixture. In a large, deep pot, heat oil to 375 degrees F. Deep fry 3 minutes or until golden brown (will rise to the surface when done). Drain on paper towels. Serve warm with your favorite hot pepper sauce.

well well , a new player..... but i think shes bluffin...

Banned
    Not like mom use to make cake

1 spice or German chocolate cake mix
    1 white cake mix
    2 large pkg vanilla instant pudding mix, prepared
    1 large pkg vanilla sandwich cookies
    green food coloring
    12 small Tootsie Rolls®

1 new kitty litter pan
    1 new plastic kitty litter pan liner
    1 new pooper scooper
    Prepare cake mixes and bake according to directions (any size pans).
    Prepare pudding mix and chill until ready to assemble.
    Crumble white sandwich cookies in small batches in food processor, scraping often. Set aside all but about 1/4 cup. To the 1/4 cup cookie crumbs, add a few drops green food coloring and mix until completely colored.
    When cakes are cooled to room temperature, crumble into a large bowl. Toss with half the remaining white cookie crumbs and the chilled pudding. Important: mix in just enough of the pudding to moisten it. You don't want it too soggy. Combine gently.
    Line a new, clean kitty litter box. Put the cake/pudding/cookie mixture into the litter box.
    Put three unwrapped Tootsie rolls in a microwave safe dish and heat until soft and pliable. Shape ends so they are no longer blunt, curving slightly. Repeat with 3 more Tootsie rolls bury them in the mixture. Sprinkle the other half of cookie crumbs over top. Scatter the green cookie crumbs lightly on top of everything -- this is supposed to look like the chlorophyll in kitty litter.
    Heat 3 Tootsie Rolls in the microwave until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake; sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Spread remaining Tootsie Rolls over the top; take one and heat until pliable, hang it over the side of the kitty litter box, sprinkling it lightly with cookie crumbs. Place the box on a newspaper and sprinkle a few of the cookie crumbs around for a truly disgusting effect!
    You can cut the pudding in half but please put the cat up before you make serve or let this mmmm mmmm good recipe sit out
    enjoy!!!

Banned
    Fried Twinkies

Notes:
    While this may not be the healthiest thing in the world to eat, they are Mmmm Mmmm good
    Ingredients:

1 C. milk
    2 Tbsp. vinegar
    1 Tbsp. oil
    1 C. flour
    1 tsp. baking powder
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/2 tsp. vanilla
    Chill or freeze Twinkies for several hoursor overnight
    4 C. vegetable oil for frying

Preparation:
    Heat 4 cups vegetable oil in deep fryer to about 375 degrees.
    Prepare batter by mixing together milk, vinegar and oil. In another bowl, blend flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk wet ingredients into dry and continue mixing until smooth. Refrigerate while oil heats. Dust twinkie with flour and dip into the batter. Rotate Twinkie until batter covers entire cake. Place carefully in hot oil. The Twinkie will float, so hold it under with a utensil to ensure even browning. It should turn golden in 3 to 4 minutes. Depending on the size of your deep fryer, you might be able to fry only one at a time, two at the most. Remove Twinkie to paper towel and let drain. Let the Twinkie sit for about 5 minutes before serving. You may dust with powdered sugar before serving.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast