Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I wish the OP would come back and give some more information.

Is she angry with the university or with the Mormon Church?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Could this be a troll attempting to undermine Romney by slamming Mormons?

Time for Deb's Troll Spray methinks.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Quote Originally Posted by StevenD_CA
    What type of Visa did you enter the country with????
    I came to the country initially as a guest on visitor's visa went back home to my country and returned changing that visa to student's visa. At the time it was possible to change from visitor to students (F1) status.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    It sounds like you were cheated that is rooked rather than that you were sexually violated raped.

I think you are saying that the University you were supposed to enroll at lost your registration papers making you ineligible for a student visa. Yo were tus liable for deportation despte trying to be here within the law. If true it is unfortunate.
    Ask any woman or man who has been raped how it feels like. Then, if you can, put that description in my context!

You think very well and you are right in the key things you say in the second paragraph, except I would put lost in quotation marks, thus: "lost".

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    I know nothing about student visas - but wouldn't someone have some kind of documentation, acceptance from the college, copies of papers stating that the person is definitely enrolled before making a trip to another country.

Yes, glitches do occur, but if one has those documents, it looks like it would not be that hard to clear up.

In other words, wouldn't it be a 'done deal' and sewed up before coming here? It's been a year, if they lost the registration to get in that semester, couldn't one simply enroll for the next?

Not being harsh, I just don't understand.
    Yes, you are right in many ways but a few. US Immigration is asking the University where I attended to furnish evidence about my student information and they have refused to do so. I had to hire an attorney at the cost of $1000.00 to demand on my behalf this very evidence that US Immigration requested. Long story short, this attorney and I are scheduled for a hearing soon because I am requesting on the fee she collected on an uncompleted task.

One last thing, Weber State University is my sponsor and they are or at least should be bound by law to respond to Federal obligations pertaining to Universities as sponsors.

Quote Originally Posted by Paige
    I have seen nothing anywhere documented that this has happened. Are you in Utah? Where are you from? I would like to research the charges.
    Yes, I am in Utah. I am originally from the Kingdom of Lesotho. I am a minority also. I heard a friend telling me that the reason I had a difficult time getting my point across is that I am in the minority. In my view there could be a host of factors involved.

If you have time, please look for Paul Rolly's article in August 2007 about a Student Trapped in Red Tape. I am the student he is talking about.

Re: A Mormon Woman Raped and Robbed by fellow worshippers

Quote Originally Posted by had_enuf
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulie
    I was told I lost my legal status to a purported computer "glitch" at Weber State University in Ogden, Utah.
    Exactly how did you loose your student status? Were you enrolled as a full-time student on the first day of each semester? If not, why not?

Universities often block registration for a variety of reasons: a student health stop, tuition wasn't paid, a stop for not presenting required materials, etc. There are many.
    I already responded to your question, the "glitch" was said to be the reason I lost my status. That is why I put it in quotation marks! I, like you, would like to know the reason I lost my legal status. I am new to computer technology. Anyone who knows what a "glitch" is, knows what took my status.

I attended school even in the summer semester when it is not binding for foreign students to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    It's hard to know what to say without knowing exactly by what mechanism you entered this country. Please give us the details, such as which visa.
    1. I came on a visitor's visa and returned to my country at the end of the travel.
    2. I returned for school and changed that visa to F1 student status.
    3. I applied for my children's dependant statuses(?).
    4. They came to the US as F2 dependants.
    4. The "glitch" purportedly took my status so that I could not register ofr Fall in September 2006.
    5. I was told that because I was out of status due to computer "malfunction" I could not attend classes.
    6. It took about three months for this University to inform me the nature of the computer problems that rendered me illegal. The International Students' Office would not tell me the nature of this problem. Finally the University attorney explained in a letter that the computer malfunctions occured when the system administrators transferred from Staars to Banner making it seem like I was not in school while I was in actual fact attending.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-I-am
    Could this be a troll attempting to undermine Romney by slamming Mormons?

Time for Deb's Troll Spray methinks.
    What is a troll?

I became a member of the LDS Church back in my country. If there is slamming to be done, it is already done by the Presidents of the Church. You read what President Faust said in his talk of March of 2001 or 2002 on Priesthood. He makes an allusion to ancient priesthood where priesthood holders wore holy adornments in which they adminisitered blessings to families, friends, neighbours, and strangers. I do not need Mormons to undermine Mr. Romney, if I wanted to do so I would have been direct.

What promise is there for me Mr Troll, if this is your name, for me in this State as a Black woman who is a Mormon robbed of her humanity by the very people she worships with? Please be open, mostly frank.

p/s Mr. Troll, If you want to see my correspondences with the people I am talking about, please feel free to contact me at liipalesa1@yahoo.com. I will scan and forward the documents to you.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast