"While our current President has remained occupied with more critical issues such as playing golf, harassing local police departments, and lecturing Christians about their sins during the crusades, the tentacles of radical Islam have grown exponentially."

Many of our members are aware of my personal story, and the terror I endured as a young girl growing up in Lebanon at the hands of Islamic extremism. Still to this day, I wake up every morning overwhelmed with gratitude to God for not only sparing my life, but also allowing me to live in the greatest country in the history of mankind, the United States of America. That being said, September 11th, 2001 brought to light what I had long feared, that the same evil that nearly killed me as a child would follow me.

It is difficult to believe that our country is approaching the 15-year anniversary of that shocking and tragic day of death. I remember September 11th so profoundly, and the vivid flashbacks of terror from my past that it resurrected. As dreadful as that attack was for our nation, we Americans rarely speak of it. Perhaps part of that is not wanting to open old wounds of an event that still seems more like a bad dream than a reality. Or maybe we are now so consumed by our technological devices that pausing to reflect on a time before they existed is proving ever more difficult. Regardless, we do ourselves and particularly those too young to remember that infamous September day a tremendous disservice when we keep it permanently confined to the rearview. We said we would never forget, but in many ways we have. Make no mistake, the threat we face today is the same threat that took the lives of over 3,000 innocent civilians and changed the world forever. Whether Al-Qaeda, ISIS, or the so called “lone wolf” perpetrator, the same catalyst of radical Islam applies.

We must then ask ourselves, how much safer are we as a nation than we were 15 years prior? How much safer do you feel personally? After September 11th I had a choice to make. While that event initially left me paralyzed with fear, I knew I had to fight for the country and family I loved. This motivation propelled me to found what is now the largest grassroots national security organization in the nation, ACT for America. I could not have done this without the support of countless brave Americans, who chose courage in the face of evil. But our work together has only just begun.

While our current President has remained occupied with more critical issues such as playing golf, harassing local police departments, and lecturing Christians about their sins during the crusades, the tentacles of radical Islam have grown exponentially. More to it, the mainstream media seems hell-bent on ignoring the massive influx of un-vetted Syrian refugees into unsuspecting American communities, and even seeking to silence those who speak out against such lunacy. As fears for your country and family grow, it’s easy to feel no one is listening. This is why it is imperative that we have as many patriots as possible attend our annual ACT for America National Conference in Washington D.C. on Tuesday and Wednesday, September 6 – 7th. Your presence would mean the world to me personally. We must come together to remind one another that we’re far from alone, but instead a mighty force to be reckoned with.

There can be no doubt that if America is to remain the invaluable jewel we know it to be, it will be “we the people,” not “they the politicians” who ensure it. It’s time to take the gloves off. I for one will be damned if I’m going to sit idly by while the country that gave so much to me is held captive by the chains of political correctness, media bias, and government absurdity currently plaguing it.

For those who share this same sentiment, details for the National Conference can be found by clicking here. Today, by close of business, is the last day to reserve your Omni Shoreham hotel room with our discounted rate of $139.

May God bless you for your commitment to this country and I look forward to seeing you this September for this truly special occasion.

Always devoted,

Brigitte Gabriel
Founder & President
ACT for America

View this email in your browser