Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nittygritty
    Quote Originally Posted by Neese
    Personally, I think that everyone is jumping on the impeachment bandwagon. It is no different than "it's all about the oil" or "there are no WMD". It is a catchphrase that catches peoples attention and people use it freely, even when it does not make sense. As you know, I am a big fan of Mr Tancredo but I cringed when he used the term. It makes me lose confidence in his decision making. Justice is one thing, and impeachment is another.
    Neese, here I am not sure of myself, but I will say it anyway, I feel before this investigation into the Border guards is over it may well be proved, possibly, that Bush and Gonzales both had a part in railroading these guards into a trial before the investigation against them was even complete, I think it will have to do with framing these guards to send a message to the other guards hands off so to speak,I think it might just be enough to start impeachment procedures, Crocket knows much more about this then I and probably a lot of others on here, I give him that, am just thinking there might be something to run with before this is all over, what do you think Crocket? What would have to come about regarding these 2 guards and their trial that might bring Bush or at the least the aTT Gen down?
    I think that Bush himself is much too far removed from the action to be indictable even if he did have a hand in "railroading" the officers. Remember that they were found guilty by a jury and sentenced by a judge, not by Bush. Short of a Watergate-type scenarion where they are recordings or actual memos linking Bush directly to the case, I think it's a waste of time and energy. So far the only thing the President appears to be guilty of in the case is not exercising the privilege of pardon for them. That is hardly a crime, though it may well have been ill-advised. But you may also remember that I wrote several posts explaining that a President pardoning officials under his branch of government is dicey territory and sets a very bad precedent. It would be vastly preferable for these officers to get out by winning an appeal or otherwise having the conviction overturned.

Personally, I think that everyone is jumping on the impeachment bandwagon. It is no different than "it's all about the oil" or "there are no WMD". It is a catchphrase that catches peoples attention and people use it freely, even when it does not make sense. As you know, I am a big fan of Mr Tancredo but I cringed when he used the term. It makes me lose confidence in his decision making. Justice is one thing, and impeachment is another.
    Neese, here I am not sure of myself, but I will say it anyway, I feel before this investigation into the Border guards is over it may well be proved, possibly, that Bush and Gonzales both had a part in railroading these guards into a trial before the investigation against them was even complete, I think it will have to do with framing these guards to send a message to the other guards hands off so to speak,I think it might just be enough to start impeachment procedures, Crocket knows much more about this then I and probably a lot of others on here, I give him that, am just thinking there might be something to run with before this is all over, what do you think Crocket? What would have to come about regarding these 2 guards and their trial that might bring Bush or at the least the aTT Gen down?
    Just for the record, I agree with you. I think it was a big set up too and so was the most recent case. And yes, if I could zap George out of the White House, I would. But I am not in favor of doing something just for the sake of doing it. I don't need the show, just give me the results.

Banned
    Just for the record, I agree with you. I think it was a big set up too and so was the most recent case. And yes, if I could zap George out of the White House, I would. But I am not in favor of doing something just for the sake of doing it. I don't need the show, just give me the results.
    Would you like his replacement any better? I don't think that I would, especially if you got rid of Cheney as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    Would you like his replacement any better? I don't think that I would, especially if you got rid of Cheney as well.
    That's funny Crocket. You know better than to ask me that question. I am not in favor of impeachment of the President (not that he doesn't deserve a kick in the pants, I just don't think anything good will come of it), and I am certainly not in favor of the other imbeciles that would take his place should he leave office. I am just saying that I wish the whole situation could be better.

Banned
    That's funny Crocket. You know better than to ask me that question. I am not in favor of impeachment of the President (not that he doesn't deserve a kick in the pants, I just don't think anything good will come of it), and I am certainly not in favor of the other imbeciles that would take his place should he leave office. I am just saying that I wish the whole situation could be better.
    I'm with you. If I had that magic wand that could make anyone disappear, there would be a serious echo in the halls of power.

If I had that magic wand that could make anyone disappear, there would be a serious echo in the halls of power.
    Crocket you are so *bleeping* funny....and I would love to borrow that wand if you had it... several million would poof back across to their homelands

IMPEACH
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Ok, what can be done?

1. There are other options beside impeachment, right?
    2. What about the legal principle we see in cases like 'felony murder' that can be charged against people who were not pulling the trigger, RICO, conspiracy, accessory, etc.?
    3. Too bad he seems impervious to young interns. Or perhaps, just as well for their sake.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Bush and impeachment

bush more than likely would not be considered for impeachment due to his open border and support to illegals. He however, might be impeached due to the war in Iraq. The only reason I support impeachment is that it would tie him and congress up so that amnesty might not get supported.

Banned

Re: Bush and impeachment

Quote Originally Posted by Beckyal
    bush more than likely would not be considered for impeachment due to his open border and support to illegals. He however, might be impeached due to the war in Iraq. The only reason I support impeachment is that it would tie him and congress up so that amnesty might not get supported.
    On what charges? Be specific.

As for the idea of tying up Congress, if I am not mistaken, there was plenty of legislation passed during the Clinton impeachment.

What about refusing to protect us against invasion?maybe they are not his enemy,but they are killing alot of americans by not following the laws of our land, there for they are the peoples enemy.
    Of course I'm with you, The idea of one of those other idiots in his place is to scary for me
    Oh well you don't have to answer this Crocket because I already know what your going to say so this will be my last comment on the subject unless Bush does something that really has teeth, and thats not likely.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast