Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Trump Asked Top Aides to Review Whether to Rejoin TPP, Senator Says

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

obama is laughing at trump - trump is fighting very hard to protect obama's unlawful decree "daca", & now on the road to solicit congress for comprehensive immigration reform. trump still can't figure out how to use his pen as seen with the tens of thousands "come on in" at the border monthly. trump issues a memo with 90 days for reports then he will approach congress later in the year. WHAT! And now the TPP - we might as well have obama in office.

Ben Sasse: Donald Trump Ready to Rejoin TPP to Help American Farmers

April 12, 2018

Charlie Spiering

Senator Ben Sasse said that President Donald Trump was interested in rejoining the Trans-Pacific Partnership to put more pressure on China by opening up more Asian markets to agricultural exports from the United States.

“He looked right at Larry Kudlow and said, ‘Larry go get it done,’” Sasse said, recounting the meeting to White House reporters.

Sasse and other members of Congress and governors from agriculture states met with the president at the White House to express concerns about higher China tariffs hurting American farmers.

Senators Deb Fisher (R-NE), Pat Roberts (R-KS), and John Hoeven (R-ND), who also attended the meeting, confirmed Trump’s interest in rejoining TPP.

Roberts said he was “very impressed” that Trump instructed both Kudlow and Robert Lighthizer to explore the idea of rejoining TPP.

“That would certainly be good news all throughout farm country,” Roberts said.

Fischer said that the president also discussed the importance of ethanol and the renegotiation of NAFTA with the president.
    Hoeven said the meeting with Trump was a “very positive” meeting about opening up more markets to “free” and “fair” trade.

The senators did not have a timeline for the president but appeared confident that the president heard their concerns.

“Clearly it’s a deliberative process, and the president is a guy who likes to blue-sky a lot and entertain a lot of different ideas, but he multiple times reaffirmed the point that TPP might be easier for us to join now once the TPP 11 is aligned and that we might be the 12th party to those negotiations,” Sasse said.

TPP-11 is the group of Pacific nations who signed a renewed free trade pact after Trump pulled the United States out of TPP.

Sasse, who recently returned from a trip to China, admitted that they cheated on trade and stole intellectual property but suggested that the best way to compete with them was to lead Pacific nations on global trade.

He criticized the president’s strategy of proposing higher tariffs on China to get them to play fair on trade.

“Tariffs first and U.S. alone action that focuses just on tariffs and steel … that’s not going to solve the real problems we have,” he said.

He criticized the idea of using government welfare payments to farmers to help them survive threatening tariffs from China.

“They don’t want welfare payments, they want to feed the world,” Sasse said.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...dy-rejoin-tpp/
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 04-12-2018 at 06:21 PM.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

NO BACKDOOR TO FOREIGN WORKERS IN TPP!!!

DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THE SWAMP RATS!
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

MW
    Trump is a complete imbecile for doing this. He won the presidency by promising to be tough on illegal immigration, building a wall on the border and ending Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), among other things. The three of these issues combined were probably all among the top five reasons Trump got elected!

This all goes along with something I've said several times in the past. Put a little pressure on Trump and he'll crack like bad egg. He's very inconsistent and constantly seems to take the advice of the last special interest group or person that makes their case with him. We needed an principled ideologue like Jeff Sessions as President instead of a vacillating flip-flopper!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
    NO BACKDOOR TO FOREIGN WORKERS IN TPP!!!

DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THE SWAMP RATS!
    And no lost factories, jobs or money supply. It has to have a trade surplus in manufactured goods or ... forget it. And Trump is just going to look into it, have his people look at the new terms that in the new TPP, see if they're any better, see if they can be improved, personally, the longer we want to make this overture, the better the terms can be for the USA. The TPP countries need US much more than we need them.
    Last edited by Judy; 04-12-2018 at 08:44 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by artist View Post

obama is laughing at trump - trump is fighting very hard to protect obama's unlawful decree "daca", & now on the road to solicit congress for comprehensive immigration reform. trump still can't figure out how to use his pen as seen with the tens of thousands "come on in" at the border monthly. trump issues a memo with 90 days for reports then he will approach congress later in the year. WHAT! And now the TPP - we might as well have obama in office.
    Yep, Trump has worked very hard to save the DACA amnesty and now this ...... SMH!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Trump is probably taking bad advice again. Either that or he has lost all confidence in his abilities to deal with China on trade and would rather go with Obama's ideas. I say that because:

Just like everyone else here, I'm guessing. However, whatever the case, this would be another lie to add to his campaign promises!
    Wait a minute, according to Trump he's the best negotiator on the planet, nobody negotiates like him. He said he would get the best and brightest minds to work on these trade deals. Given that he was a business man who amassed billions I initially believed him. So if Trump hired these people why does he not trust them? Not that I expect perfection, after all he is human, but geez a whiz, his administration is like a revolving door. So either he is in way over his head or he lied. Either way it's not looking good.

Not for nothing, but I didn't vote for this man so he can turn around and implement Obozo's ideas. I could have voted for Hillary if I wanted that to happen. Obozo ideas were about as useful as a fart in a wind storm.
    Last edited by dman1200; 04-13-2018 at 08:24 AM.

Donald J. Trump
    ‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
    9h9 hours ago

Would only join TPP if the deal were substantially better than the deal offered to Pres. Obama. We already have BILATERAL deals with six of the eleven nations in TPP, and are working to make a deal with the biggest of those nations, Japan, who has hit us hard on trade for years!

10,906 replies 9,919 retweets 43,057 likes

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Trump is a complete imbecile for doing this. He won the presidency by promising to be tough on illegal immigration, building a wall on the border and ending Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), among other things. The three of these issues combined were probably all among the top five reasons Trump got elected!

This all goes along with something I've said several times in the past. Put a little pressure on Trump and he'll crack like bad egg. He's very inconsistent and constantly seems to take the advice of the last special interest group or person that makes their case with him. We needed an principled ideologue like Jeff Sessions as President instead of a vacillating flip-flopper!
    I will tell you this. When I voted for Trump, I didn't vote for the man, I voted for his platform. His ideas resonated with me, but had I known we would get Jeb Bush lite, I would have stayed home because the other choices were pure garbage. I don't know if I'm sold on Jeff Sessions like I was in the past, he really hasn't done much to crack down on corruption in the DOJ and in the federal government overall, but I don't know how much of that is him being held back by deep state and/or Trump behind the scenes. I do think he would be 10 times better on immigration for sure. We need an actual fighter in there and I don't think Sessions is a fighter. Not many in the Republican party are. I personally wish William Gheen had the funds to run for president, he would be exactly what we need. I'm not saying that to suck up to him, but that's what we need. I know he would not betray us.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Donald J. Trump
    ‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
    9h9 hours ago

Would only join TPP if the deal were substantially better than the deal offered to Pres. Obama. We already have BILATERAL deals with six of the eleven nations in TPP, and are working to make a deal with the biggest of those nations, Japan, who has hit us hard on trade for years!

10,906 replies 9,919 retweets 43,057 likes

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
    We'll see. I don't believe anything he says anymore. Actions are the only thing I will ever believe out of him and even then I'm still skeptical depending on the action taken.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast