Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The US Has Become A Worse Police State Than Orwell Could Imagine

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Lawsuit: Ferguson Cop Choked And “Hog-Tied” 12-Year-Old And Accused Him of Assault [Video: http://bit.ly/1lu6WDJ]

Lawsuit: Ferguson Cop Choked And “Hog-Tied” 12-Year-Old And Accused Him of Assault

By John Vibes on August 26, 2014

Police officer Justin Cosma was transferred to Ferguson, Missouri from another department in the state after he was sued for choking and hog-tying a 12-year-old boy.

Cosma made national news this week when he detained a group of journalists during the protests in Ferguson. Like many officers, after he was identified in the protests, reporters looked deeper into his records to see if he had a history of violence.
    According to a lawsuit filed in 2012 in Missouri federal court, officers Justin Cosma and Richard Carter assaulted a 12 year old boy out front of his house as he was getting mail from his mailbox.
    The lawsuit states that the police randomly approached and questioned the boy while he was out front of his house and asked him if he was recently playing on a nearby highway. When the boy told the officers that he wasn’t, they became confrontational, and attacked the child.
    According to the lawsuit, “Unprovoked and without cause, the deputies grabbed [the boy], choked him around the neck and threw him to the ground. The boy was shirtless at the time, and allegedly suffered bruising, choke marks, scrapes and cuts across his body.”
    The officers attempted to charge the child with resisting arrest and assaulting an officer, but the juvenile courts refused to take the case.
    Richard R. Lozano, the lawyer representing the young man in the lawsuit, made the following statement to Huffington Post:

“The lawsuit alleges that Justin Cosma and Richard Carter, two deputies with the Jefferson County, Missouri sheriff’s department in 2010, assaulted my client during an encounter on my client’s driveway while his mother was inside their house. My client was 12 years old at the time, shirtless and was not suspected of any criminal behavior. He was checking the mail. The deputies approached my client and the encounter quickly escalated. My client was restrained, choked, thrown to the ground and hogtied by the two deputies. He suffered scrapes and choke marks to his neck. No charges were ever brought against my client. It is my understanding that Justin Cosma is currently an officer with the City of Ferguson.”

video at link below

Read the lawsuit laying out the allegations against Cosma below.
    Justin Cosma

http://www.scribd.com/doc/237622628/Justin-Cosma

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/fer...fvfXTMdV0gt.99

Last edited by kathyet2; 08-27-2014 at 12:39 PM.

Banned
    Cops Accused of Using Police Database to Spy on Women They Wanted to Date [Video: http://bit.ly/1qJGNN8]

The Free Thought Project's photos

http://www.alipac.us/f12/rallies-pla...cement-310039/

ALIPAC

AdministratorJ

Article: Rallies planned nationwide to show support for law enforcement

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned

March Forward!!!!!

Banned
    Autopsy Report Indicates Police Cover-Up of Man Who ‘Shot Himself’ While Handcuffed ~ Learn more: http://bit.ly/1mSGaA5

Banned

Banned
    EXCLUSIVE: St. Louis Police Officer Blows the Whistle on Rampant Corruption Within the Department

By Cassandra Rules on August 28, 2014

“I wouldn’t have come down here (to Ferguson) and stood on those front lines, I would have taken my uniform off and have resigned.”

“I am Mike Brown, I just wore a uniform.”

Officer and veteran Dawon Gore, 44, of the St. Louis County police department is currently suspended without pay and facing charges of second degree assault after allegedly breaking three fingers of a 24 year old man with his baton during a confrontation.
    “Officer Darren Wilson is White, I am a Black Officer. Wilson didn’t do a report, I also chose not to do a report. Both subjects were black males, Wilson’s subject had cigars but was unarmed and my subject was found not to be armed as well. Wilson drew a weapon (gun), and I drew my metal baton.”

On Tuesday, August 27, The Free Thought Project’s Cassandra Rules, met up with the officer on W. Florissant in Ferguson where protesters have been gathering in the streets since the murder of unarmed teenager Mike Brown. Gore wanted to explain the parallels, and differences, between him and Darren Wilson. He also wanted to show how rampant racism in the police force is not only directed at the people, but also at officers themselves. Anyone with the guts to speak out against them also faces a slew of backlash.
    “I’ve been embedded in St. Louis County for 14 years and I am going to tell you this on camera, that’s the worst entity I have ever worked for. I’ve been in the military, I’ve served the St. Louis metropolitan police department… but when I got there I ran into this big wall of cultural bias that I had never seen before.”

Gore began by candidly giving The Free Thought Project the play by play on the events leading to his charges. He explains the corruption during his investigation, points out his PTSD, and speaks out against seeing our streets littered with the weapons that he saw on the field at war.

Gore tells the Free Thought Project how he would have reacted, had he been told to come and oppress the protesters in Ferguson.
    “I wouldn’t have came down here (to Ferguson) and stood on those front lines, I would have taken my uniform off and have resigned. I didn’t have to come down here, but I would not have come down here and oppressed these people.”

Gore explained the intimidation happening within the force. When asked if it was directed at black officers Gore replied, “Black officers, or any other officer, I won’t just say black; anyone who pushes back or stands up for themselves.”

Officer Gore is currently suspended without pay after using non lethal force on a man who attacked him in front of witnesses. Gore later gave this same man a ride home, and didn’t charge him with anything. Now, let’s compare that to Officer Darren Wilson, who is on a PAID suspension after he shot and killed an unarmed man.

Gore had also requested help from the organizations who have raised over $400,000 for Darren Wilson, and claim to support all cops, yet his gofundme account currently sits at $25.

While we support NO violence or brutality, what this officer has to say really does make you think.

After being exposed to the corruption in the St. Louis police department, this officer vows to never put a uniform on again.

End the blue code of silence, blow the whistle and redeem yourselves.

h/t Tyson Manker for filming this and hitting the streets of Ferguson with me.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/sus...zL5EK95IKKK.99

Banned
    TN Cops to Draw Blood at Labor Day Weekend ‘No Refusal’ DUI Checkpoints

By: Barry Donegan Aug 28, 2014

This Labor Day weekend, Tennessee motorists will be subjected to "no refusal" DUI checkpoints at which suspected drunk drivers could be forced to submit to an involuntary blood test.

Tennessee has a new Labor Day tradition. According to WKRN-TV, the Tennessee Highway Patrol will continue its “no refusal” blood-extraction DUI checkpoints this Labor Day weekend, starting on midnight on August 29 and continuing until midnight on September 1. Under “no refusal” enforcement, suspected drunk drivers will be forced to submit to a breathalyzer or blood test, even if they refuse.
    The Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security issued a press release on this weekend’s crackdown, saying, “State troopers will conduct ‘No Refusal’ enforcement in the following counties: Union (Knoxville District); Hamilton and Marion (Chattanooga District); Montgomery (Nashville District); Shelby (Memphis District); Hawkins (Fall Branch District); Smith (Cookeville); Maury (Lawrenceburg); and Hardin County (Jackson District).” The press release also describes how police coverage will work over the weekend, “In addition to ‘No Refusal’ enforcement, highway patrol personnel will also conduct driver’s license, sobriety and seat belt checkpoints, as well as saturation patrols and bar and tavern checks.”
    Due to the disputed constitutionality of police checkpoints, Tennessee state law requires that their locations be publicly announced in advance so that Tennesseans who don’t want to be inconvenienced can adjust their routes. The locations of this weekend’s checkpoints can be found at this link.
    Civil liberties advocates often question whether police checkpoints, which force motorists to submit to a criminal investigation on the basis of their geographic location rather than probable cause, violate the Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution. Also, police positioned at checkpoints do not have an opportunity to see how a suspect has been driving and instead must rely on less-precise indicators like red eyes or fatigued behavior, which might also suggest that the suspect is coming home from a long work shift and not intoxicated at all. As more officers are placed at checkpoints, fewer can subsequently be assigned to patrols upon which they could watch for impaired motorists in the act of driving dangerously.

Forced blood extractions take place off-site at a police precinct, making the process time consuming for individuals who might be innocent. Additionally, for those who refuse to comply, extraction locations are equipped with tools to strap down suspects and masks to cover their faces.
    Approval for involuntary blood draws is typically attained via telephone as judge magistrates will remain on standby throughout the weekend to handle officers’ requests.
    The following two tabs change content below.

Barry Donegan

Barry Donegan is a writer, musician, and pro-liberty political activist living in Nashville, TN. Donegan served as Director-at-Large of the Davidson County Republican Party from 2009-2011 and was the Middle Tennessee Regional Coordinator over 30 counties for Ron Paul's 2012 Presidential Campaign. Follow him at facebook.com/barry.donegan and twitter.com/barrydonegan

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on google_plusone_share Share on reddit More Sharing Services 227
    Subscribe To The Ben Swann Newsletter. Enter Your Email Address Below.

http://benswann.com/tn-cops-to-draw-...i-checkpoints/

Banned
    Where do they find these people?

Officer to Citizen: “You must be doing something wrong if you invoke your rights” ~ Video here >> http://bit.ly/1lirO0q

The Free Thought Project originally shared:

Officer Conveniently Turned Off Body Camera Prior to Shooting Man In the Head During Traffic Stop ~ Learn more: http://bit.ly/1rmArcO

“What good is the camera if officers are able to take them off and just put them on the side?”

The Free Thought Project originally shared:

They are trained to manipulate and lie...
    Best strategy? Don't talk to them at all if possible.

<www.fb.com/policethepoliceacp>

Travis Harrell originally shared:

The interesting thing is neither gang could exist without the other.