Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What you guys, first of all I don't live in Europe anymore but in the United States of America and I love and care where I live and I consider myself as a US resident, not yet a US citizen, though I have an EU passport. But to answer your question, yes they (people in Europe) are acting like that, because they are naive and some don't care till the problem get worse. It sad but that's how it is, so the US has to keep on pushing them to deal with that problem.

Nicholas_USA, if becoming an American citizen has no value for you anymore, stop thinking about it immediately, I can tell, America is not for you! As Americans, those of us who were born here, and those of us who came here as legal immigrants, take great pride in our American citizenship, and would not think of living in any other country. Our ancesters a lot of them gave their lives so that the remaining citzens would retain their freedoms, we still have soldiers fighting for our rights even if there are a lot of people who feel this war is wrong, far as that goes maybe most war is wrong doesn't matter to the Soldiers who die for us, they fight when our leaders tell them to. Nicholas, if you do not feel a deep abiding faith in our country, and feel the pride when you see Old Glory flying, here the National Anthem, our raise your hand to pledge allegience to that Flag, then I would say you probably never will, and for that reason you are wrong for America, and she is the not right country for you! I am tired of all these immigrants coming here to get what they can from America, without any thought of putting anything back into our country. You are not from here so I will tell you what one of our Presidents had to say, I have never forgotten it, it goes like this,
    "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do, for your country", this great line was spoken by the late John F. Kennedy, one of our earlier presidents. I am not trying to put you down Nicholas,I am trying to explain to you what it really is to be an American, if you have any doubts about it, I am sure you would probably be happier in your own country! Nothing wrong with that, everyone should be proud of their country.

As far as Iran is concerned, I think we should step back,quit trying to make Isreal be as Politically Correct as we have become and let that country of great fighters solve this problem for us, by taking this country out if they continue to talk about wiping Isreal off the face of the earth!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Our country has turned into the land of easy money for lazy opportunist who don't want to put foth any efforts in their own countries. They will bleed it dry and leave a corrupt and pathetic cesspool of needy, unpatriotic bottom feeders. ugh!

I don't give a CRAP at all what people like you who have no clue what it takes to go true the legal immigration system and are tired about immigrants who did it the right way, LIKE ME, criticize the goverment of handling the problems in this nation like a third world nation. I never asked what the US can do for me, but I made the decision that I can live here with my wife and do something for the country, work hard, obey the laws, respect the culture and pay tax, and again I stayed because I love it here. At school and at the university In the Netherlands I have been taught the US history and the rest of the Americas, I am proud that, so I know what I'm talking about before I came for vacation and stayed. So I Know damn well how this nation became great. I have the damn right to criticize the goverment because they gave me permission to stay by doing it the right way, I waited with patience and obeyed their rules, what is normal to me. It's just like in my old country. Now I made it home here and I am willing to do everything that law breakers don't get what they want, by sending my governer, senators nice and friendly letters. The reason why I have doubts to take the US passport is, if they give it to law breakers, people who don't even like it here, don't respect the national anthem and flag, what value does the US passport has? Simple, nothing, for me. I don't like to belong to that group. For me it's special because I care. Perhaps you don't understand that. History is history, but what happens today matters to me alot. because I cannot vote, my decision is also in others people hand and one great example is my wife who is also frustrated (she also get alot of illegal aliens in her class who don't care at all and pay attention). I do want to pledge allegiance to the flag, but not when this nation allows law breakers amnesty. I will never break my back for a nation that doesn't care about it's own people. DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME NOW?? Do not be angry at me but at your lousy goverment for who you voted for.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas_USA
    What you guys, first of all I don't live in Europe anymore but in the United States of America and I love and care where I live and I consider myself as a US resident, not yet a US citizen, though I have an EU passport. But to answer your question, yes they (people in Europe) are acting like that, because they are naive and some don't care till the problem get worse. It sad but that's how it is, so the US has to keep on pushing them to deal with that problem.
    Um, Nicholas, you started out the post I was quoting with the words, "As an European...," so I guess that is the "you guys" to which I was referring. If you are going to offer opinion as a European, then don't be surprised to have questions addressed to you as a European.

Let me tell you a little something, Nicholas. Anyone who comes to the United States for any other reason than the love for our country, does not belong here. Take your lousy green card and your EU passport and make a life someplace else. If you are not willing to put your life on the line for the country that you live in, then you need to get out. Don't come here to reap the benefits and then tell us what is wrong with our country. Scram!

I'm just curious Nicholas. In one posting you said you love and care about where you live (the US), but then in another you said becoming a U.S. citizen is of no value to you. Isn't that a contradiction? I guess I am trying to get a handle on where you are coming from.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas_USA
    I don't give a CRAP at all what people like you who have no clue what it takes to go true the legal immigration system and are tired about immigrants who did it the right way, LIKE ME, criticize the goverment of handling the problems in this nation like a third world nation. I never asked what the US can do for me, but I made the decision that I can live here with my wife and do something for the country, work hard, obey the laws, respect the culture and pay tax, and again I stayed because I love it here. At school and at the university In the Netherlands I have been taught the US history and the rest of the Americas, I am proud that, so I know what I'm talking about before I came for vacation and stayed. So I Know damn well how this nation became great. I have the damn right to criticize the goverment because they gave me permission to stay by doing it the right way, I waited with patience and obeyed their rules, what is normal to me. It's just like in my old country. Now I made it home here and I am willing to do everything that law breakers don't get what they want, by sending my governer, senators nice and friendly letters. The reason why I have doubts to take the US passport is, if they give it to law breakers, people who don't even like it here, don't respect the national anthem and flag, what value does the US passport has? Simple, nothing, for me. I don't like to belong to that group. For me it's special because I care. Perhaps you don't understand that. History is history, but what happens today matters to me alot. because I cannot vote, my decision is also in others people hand and one great example is my wife who is also frustrated (she also get alot of illegal aliens in her class who don't care at all and pay attention). I do want to pledge allegiance to the flag, but not when this nation allows law breakers amnesty. I will never break my back for a nation that doesn't care about it's own people. DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME NOW?? Do not be angry at me but at your lousy goverment for who you voted for.
    There are some troublesome statements made above. First off, once you have ACTUALLY BECOME an American citizen and taken an oath of allegiance, THEN you may feel free to criticize the government as an American. In the mean time you're just a complaining foreigner who happened to marry an American. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

Also, you make your allegiance to this country conditional on its policies suiting your mood. That's used horsefeed, my friend. Either you are loyal to America, warts and all, or else you are a foreigner and an opportunist. What makes us Americans is dealing with our problems while maintaining our allegiance to our country and its history and traditions. Even the best of people take occasional wrong turns. What is important is that we remain loyal to the nation and to the principles on which it was founded. Failure of the transient leadership to adhere to those principles is no reason to swear off the nation, though it appears that you wish to retain that option.

In short, you seem to be conflicted. You author a post opining "as a(n) European," then try to claim to be an American save for the technicality of having not been naturalized, then you make clear that your allegiance to America is subject to your whim. Maybe your wife should take the time to learn Dutch and the two of you should move back there. I don't feel comfortable calling a man my countryman who cannot even agree to offer his allegiance to this nation unless its current policies tickle his fancy.

BTW - Before you go off on a tirade about how you "don't give a CRAP at all what people like you who have no clue what it takes to go true the legal immigration system and are tired about immigrants who did it the right way" think, I should point out that I know exactly what the process is like because my brother-in-law (English), my aunt (Japanese) and several friends (English, Iranian, German, Aussie) have all gone through it. The process is a small price to pay for earning the privilege of American citizenship. Whatever her faults, America is the place that more people want to relocate to than any other place on the planet. Show some gratitude for having your opportunity when so many other people have no such chance. Otherwise, admit that you are an ungrateful foreigner looking for a free slice of the pie and not even willing to leave a tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Neese
    Let me tell you a little something, Nicholas. Anyone who comes to the United States for any other reason than the love for our country, does not belong here. Take your lousy green card and your EU passport and make a life someplace else. If you are not willing to put your life on the line for the country that you live in, then you need to get out. Don't come here to reap the benefits and then tell us what is wrong with our country. Scram!

Neese Mod Edit and just read what I typed. I did not came her for benefits, there are no benefits here for legal residents here and I don't need it. I came here to stay with my wife, I work here, I have a life here in Miami and because I love it here. If people like you don't like that, to bad. If people like you don't like it that I criticize the goverment for trying to give law breakers who don't even care about this nation amensty, to bad..I still do it and I will do that till smart people like Tom Tancredo and Duncan Hunter defeat it, and if people like you don't like it that I have EU passport, to bad for them and you. I can keep it till the US changes it's law, but for now they allow me to keep it and even if I decide to take the US passport. It's the law that allows me.

To all, I am against illegal immigrants. I do not like that idea of giving them amnesty, it's not fair and it's a slap in my face and for other people who did it the right way. Again, I do want the US passport, but because of what is going on now, I just have my doubts about it, because getting the US passport is for me special. It's not a must for me, but I want it, because I feel home here. People will always see me as a foreigner, European, but I don't care.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast