Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I have never re-quoted myself, but this time, it seems necessary for those who don't listen to themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Neese
    Our country has turned into the land of easy money for lazy opportunist who don't want to put foth any efforts in their own countries. They will bleed it dry and leave a corrupt and pathetic cesspool of needy, unpatriotic bottom feeders. ugh!

Neese shut up and just read what I typed.
    GTHYLB..WDNAFUMLYIOC.

I did not came her for benefits, there are no benefits here for legal residents here and I don't need it. I came here to stay with my wife

Need I say more? Have a pleasant day.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas_USA
    To all, I am against illegal immigrants. I do not like that idea of giving them amnesty, it's not fair and it's a slap in my face and for other people who did it the right way. Again, I do want the US passport, but because of what is going on now, I just have my doubts about it, because getting the US passport is for me special. It's not a must for me, but I want it, because I feel home here. People will always see me as a foreigner, European, but I don't care.
    People will only continue to see you as a European so long as you keep reminding them that you are a European. Every European immigrant to America that I know is treated just like anyone else so long as he doesn't trash-talk about his new or host country, particularly once they are naturalized. Stop trying to play the victim. It is not your nationality that is rubbing people the wrong way, but your expressed attitudes and opinions.

People will only continue to see you as a European so long as you keep reminding them that you are a European. Every European immigrant to America that I know is treated just like anyone else so long as he doesn't trash-talk about his new or host country, particularly once they are naturalized. Stop trying to play the victim. It is not your nationality that is rubbing people the wrong way, but your expressed attitudes and opinions.[/quote]

I do not trash-talk about the US where I live, pay tax, where I enjoy of my life after work and when I have a free day, but I do criticize the government for how it's taking care of this problem. I am not playing a victim at all, but we all (US citizens and legal US residents) who cares about this nation will become a victim if the government allows the illegal immigrants amnesty.

I have never re-quoted myself, but this time, it seems necessary for those who don't listen to themselves.

Our country has turned into the land of easy money for lazy opportunist who don't want to put foth any efforts in their own countries. They will bleed it dry and leave a corrupt and pathetic cesspool of needy, unpatriotic bottom feeders. ugh!

Neese shut up and just read what I typed.
    GTHYLB..WDNAFUMLYIOC.

[quote:1vfa5uhb]I did not came her for benefits, there are no benefits here for legal residents here and I don't need it. I came here to stay with my wife

Need I say more? Have a pleasant day. [/quote:1vfa5uhb]

yes you do, your quote of what I typed misses the info that I also like it here. I also wish you a pleasant day!

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Nicholas, I have read all the posts and this is what I get from it all. You are here, married to your American born wife, after having made a decision this was the best course, to be here, for the two of you.

Now that you are here, you see your hard work, and payment of fee's to obtain a green card, as sort of a wasted effort so long as the U.S. government will not enforce the immigrations laws towards the illegal aliens. Not saying you do not want to do it right, just that you feel that ICE has given you and other legal residents, a slap in the face. Am I right in understanding you?

That's all greatly appreciated by us. Now for the other statements. I can understand your feelings, but I am afraid that all of us are typical Americans when it comes to our deep loyalites to our country. I realize that in Denmanrk, English is taught early on, and so is your, and our histories taught.

However, no amount of what your schools over there can teach you is the deep feelings Americans have for our country. It is not at all something we even equate with the current elected officials, it is about us, the people that actually govern it, and about the history we share together, the beginnings, the trials and troubles it has taken to come to a point where we ALL can share in this process of governing OUR country (not the governments country, in fact THEY also belong to us).

You may feel a wonderful affinity to our country, and we appreciate that. Here is an example of how we feel about America. Fourth of July, everyone I know automatically stands for the National Anthem, they instinctively put their hand to their hearts. When that flag is highlighted with a light and the anthem plays, there are very few who have dry eyes, the love for our country is that deep.

My father told me that he always felt this country was literally a part of every American. I believe he was right, I have seen that same fierce loyalty in patriotic Americans just as if they were defending one of their own family members.

Now that I have explained that, I would hope you understand why we Americans can become easily irritated and even angered by what we perceive to be critisism of our country. It is personal for us.

If you can understand this kind of deep loyalty, and want to be a part of it, we hope that you do, and make it all formalized. Have no doubts, do not make your decision based on wayward and ignorant elected officials, they are temporary, what this country is founded on is not, that's what you should make your final decision based on.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is to Nick,
    Nick first off I want to say that not only is it down right rude to tell Neese, a woman and a American citizen to "shut up" when she is talking about her country you have no right to say that to any American, you gave up that right when you refused to become a citizen and if you continue to be rude and demanding I will petition the moderatoers to ban you!!!
    And you don't need to tell me about what it is like to come to America, my father was born in Scotland and he told me all about it, he also served in the US Army air corps during WWII and in order to do that he had to become a citizen. During the Vietnam war I had a military deferment but I waved it had joined the Marines so that I too could serve. Somehow I get the feeling that the reason you don't want to become a US citizen is because you see a war coming and you are unwilling to fight for the freedom that you so much enjoy here. I would bet that if there was a chance you could be called into military service you would be on the first plane headed back home and when the enemy comes to your country you will be among those hoping that the American will come soon to save you.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MountainDog, well said!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas_USA
    Let me tell you a little something, Nicholas. Anyone who comes to the United States for any other reason than the love for our country, does not belong here. Take your lousy green card and your EU passport and make a life someplace else. If you are not willing to put your life on the line for the country that you live in, then you need to get out. Don't come here to reap the benefits and then tell us what is wrong with our country. Scram!

Neese Mod Edit and just read what I typed. I did not came her for benefits, there are no benefits here for legal residents here and I don't need it. I came here to stay with my wife, I work here, I have a life here in Miami and because I love it here. If people like you don't like that, to bad. If people like you don't like it that I criticize the goverment for trying to give law breakers who don't even care about this nation amensty, to bad..I still do it and I will do that till smart people like Tom Tancredo and Duncan Hunter defeat it, and if people like you don't like it that I have EU passport, to bad for them and you. I can keep it till the US changes it's law, but for now they allow me to keep it and even if I decide to take the US passport. It's the law that allows me.
    NICHOLAS
    I'm going to ask you to take a breath and think about how you sound to others when you write.

Yup, I certainly know that you have Freedom of Speech, Nick, but you ALSO have not carefully read what these Americans are saying to you.
    Part of this confusion might be from a language barrier, however, I know you to be smart enough to figure it out.

You're first snaffoo came with the "no value to American Citizenship" statement. The next biggie was telling someone to SHUT UP. That won't fly here, Nick.

Soooooooo, how about you re-read your posts and try to put yourself in an American set of shoes. It should make sense to you then.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just want to apologize to everyone, especially Nicholas. He was honest enough to tell us his story, and I was disrespectful to him. I can understand how someone might be offended by my comment, because it was pretty harsh. Although I don't agree with what he said, I could have said it in a nicer way. I really am glad that you are here Nicholas. I was caught up in the moment and acted out of line. I really am sorry.

I just want to apologize to everyone, especially Nicholas. He was honest enough to tell us his story, and I was disrespectful to him. I can understand how someone might be offended by my comment, because it was pretty harsh. Although I don't agree with what he said, I could have said it in a nicer way. I really am glad that you are here Nicholas. I was caught up in the moment and acted out of line. I really am sorry.
    Neese, does this mean you are now going to shut up?
    just razing you, couldn't help it the devil made me do it! :P

Nicholas, 2ndamendsis is right, she has a way of cutting through the chase and getting right to the nittygritty, it was the line where you said American citizenship had no value for you, it made me think that you got everything you wanted from America, now there was nothing left that was any value to you, I didnt mean to step on any toes, only if that was your attitude, that maybe America wasn't right for you after all. You want find any better people anywhere on the net, we can get our backs up though if we think anyone might be disrespectful of our country and our generosity, the idea of anyone wanting to get out is a little puzzling to us with so many trying to get in lol. Not to worry to much about our gov. letting all these people in, Americans have always in the end wake up and do the right thing, it will work out, wait and see, just takes a little prodding to wake us up at times, you can bet those marches back in May, or whenever they were did just that, woke up sleeping Americans!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast