Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

It takes a big woman or man to apologize.

Thanx NEESE & NITTY.

Sometimes we all get our hackles raised by one comment or another and we can over react occassionally.
    However, we are good enough to disagree and debate intelligently.

It's Nick's turn now

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis

Thanx NEESE & NITTY.

Sometimes we all get our hackles raised by one comment or another and we can over react occassionally.

It's Nick's turn now

Sure, what every woman wants to hear: "big woman" and now I find out that my "hackles are raised". Good God, will the torture never end? I never even knew that I had hackles(?) ALIPAC is very informative.

You guys seem to be pretty hard on Nicholas. I am going to guess that English is a second language for him, so yes that would make it real easy for everyone to quote his words and twist his meaning.

I came to this country with a green card, and dealing with "Immigration" is the worst. They are so bad that they make the DMV look good.

Anyone want to argue with me about that?

R/ Skip

Bush Warns Iran Against Action in Iraq

By TERENCE HUNT

WASHINGTON - President Bush said Monday the United States "will respond firmly" if Iran escalates military action in Iraq and endangers American forces. But Bush emphasized he has no intention of invading Iran.

Bush also acknowledged skepticism concerning U.S. intelligence about Iran, because Washington was wrong in accusing Iraq of harboring weapons of mass destruction before the U.S.-led invasion in 2003. "I'm like a lot of Americans that say, 'Well, if it wasn't right in Iraq, how do you know it's right in Iran,'" the president said.

The president, in an interview with NPR, said the United States was "constantly evaluating and answering this legitimate question by always working to get as good intelligence as we can."

Sharply at odds over Iran's suspected nuclear weapons program, Washington and Tehran increasingly are arguing about Iraq, where both countries are seeking influence. The White House said last week that American troops in Iraq have been authorized to kill or capture Iranian agents deemed to be a threat. Iran's ambassador followed up by telling The New York Times that Tehran plans to greatly expand its economic and military ties with Iraq and open an Iranian national bank branch in Baghdad.

The United States accuses Iran of supplying terrorists and insurgents in Iraq with improvised explosive devices that have become the most lethal threat to U.S. forces. The Bush administration says it decided to take a tougher line with Tehran after months of evidence showing Iran was assisting anti-U.S. forces.

"If Iran escalates its military action in Iraq to the detriment of our troops and/or innocent Iraqi people, we will respond firmly," the president said. "It makes common sense for the commander in chief to say to our troops and the Iraqi people and the Iraqi government that we will help you defend yourself from people that want to sow discord and harm. And so we will do what it takes to protect our troops."

Bush said it was important to distinguish the nuclear standoff with Iran from the quarrel over Tehran's involvement in Iraq. He said he believed the dispute over Iran's nuclear program could be resolved diplomatically.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., has said Bush does not have authority to launch military action in Iran without first seeking congressional authorization.

Bush told NPR he had no intention of going into Iran. "This is the kind of thing that happens in Washington," the president said. "People ascribe, you know, motives to me beyond a simple statement _ 'Of course we'll protect our troops.' I don't know how anybody can then say, 'Well, protecting the troops means that we're going to invade Iran.'"

A service of the Associated Press(AP)
    http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/01 ... va9no0.txt

President Bush speaks to reporters during his meeting with members of Securing America's Future Energy (SAFE), a non-partisan organization aiming to reduce America's dependence on oil, in the Roosevelt Room of the White House in Washington Monday, Jan. 29, 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Neese
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis

Thanx NEESE & NITTY.

It's Nick's turn now

Sure, what every woman wants to hear: "big woman" and now I find out that my "hackles are raised". Good God, will the torture never end? I never even knew that I had hackles(?) ALIPAC is very informative.
    In my defense, NEESE
    How funny.........and yup, ya got HACKLES too and I'm really, reallllly sorry about the BIG thing!

SKIP
    You're right on that! No argument there.
    And, we're glad to have you
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234