Page 227 of 574 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237277327 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 5732
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Barack Obama's citizenship questioned

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 6 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 6 guests)

The new law clerk for Judge Carter is #1 on the "hit parade" of Seattle lawyers who've had their resumes checked out via Martindale-Hubbell's online lawyer director, and he's #8 of the Top Ten nationwide ...

http://www.martindale.com/Siddharth-Vel ... lawyer.htm

Siddharth Velamoor - Lawyer Profile

Update this Profile
    Siddharth Velamoor
    Associate

Perkins Coie LLP
    1201 Third Avenue, Suite 4800
    Seattle, Washington
    (King Co.)

Profile Visibility
    #1 in weekly profile views out of 7,141 lawyers in Seattle, Washington
    #8 in weekly profile views out of 951,018 total lawyers Overall

Experience & Credentials
    Practice Areas Product Liability
    Education Columbia University, J.D., Dartmouth College, A.B.

ISLN 920156320
    More background raises a question about how much time he spent in classes at Columbia's own law school, and how much time was spent at another law school abroad:

http://pview.findlaw.com/view/4073288_1?channel=CCC

Siddharth V. Velamoor
    Firm: Perkins Coie
    Address: 1201 Third Avenue
    Suite 4800
    Seattle, WA 98101-3099
    Map & Directions

Phone: (206) 359-8099

Fax: (206) 359-9099

E-mail: svelamoor@perkinscoie.com

Web site: http://www.perkinscoie.com
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Position Areas of Practice Education
    Lawyer Profile:
    Sid Velamoor is an associate in the firm's Product Liability practice.
    Current Employment Position(s):

Associate
    Areas of Practice:
    Product Liability

Education:
    Comenius University School of Law, Bratislava, Slovakia, 2008
    J.D.
    Honors: Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar

London School of Economics and Political Science, 2005
    M.Sc.
    Honors: with merit
    Major: International Relations

Dartmouth College, 2004
    A.B.
    Honors: cum laude
    Major: Government

Profile Last Updated:

11/04/2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our West Legal Directory disclaimers.
    Comenius University School of Law, Bratislava, Slovakia, 2008
    J.D.
    Honors: Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar

What the heck is THAT all about?

A check of the institution's name finds it showing up as a place where Fulbright Scholarships and grants might be funding cross-exchanges of students and lecturers

http://www.fulbright.sk/documents/Grant ... evised.pdf

There's also this:

http://www.cies.org/schlr_directories/vsdir09/Law27.htm

FREEPERS have been ALL OVER this one ...

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/blogg ... ts?page=71

One of those posters notes that Judge Carter is allotted TWO law clerks.

http://www.perkinscoie.com/Firm/Firm.aspx

With more than 700 lawyers in 15 offices across the United States and in China, Perkins Coie represents great companies across a wide range of industries and stages of growth—from start-ups to FORTUNE 100 corporations.

Accolades

Perkins Coie is frequently recognized for its leadership in the legal profession:

Ranked #67 on the American Lawyer 100 list (200
    Listed on FORTUNE magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work Forâ€

More information about the firm, and a headline-making lawsuit against them during the 1990's for fraud and legal malpractice -- settled for $13 million by their insurers -- is provided at

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-176199.html

Do a google on Bonneville Pacific and its "alternative energy" schtick and its investor-fraud flame-out in bankruptcy in the early 1990's. Perkins Coie was accused of shredding documents that might have proven the fraud by the officers of B-P and/or their stock underwriters, acting in collusion with them to present a false picture of the firm in offerings to stock investors. The law firm represented the Piper Jaffray brokerage firm. There was a big Chicago-based law firm that had to pay an even higher settlement in that lawsuit, brought by a government-appointed bankruptcy expert and naming 50 different defendants who'd played a role in the "alleged" fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFirst
    You know, I've been thinking about that Nairobi newspaper inserting the "Kenyan-born" angle, and a couple of possibilities ...

They might have been well-aware of at least the dual citizen angle of the Kenyan dad conferring Kenyan citizenship-at-birth to BHO, and therefore simply abbreviated it as Kenyan-born ("born to Kenyan loyalty") ...

or

I wonder about the REAL date of birth and it made me think about how the rest of the world handles dates. In the U.S., the date of 08-04-61 or 8/4/61 would be August 4, 1961. But over in Europe, and probably in its colonies, and a whole lot of other places the position of month and day-of-month are reversed. That same sequence of numbers would be the 8th day of April (the 4th month) of 1961.

There's a whole lot that doesn't "compute" about Stanley Ann, like how she seemed to have been set to go to college at U of Washington or in Chicago right out of high school and then poof! The family packs off to Hawaii, and she enrolls at UH. She disappears from that campus by January of 1961 when it's logical that she might have taken classes through the spring if she wasn't due to give birth until August. There is alleged to be a photo of her from summer 1961 in swim wear in which she doesn't look pregnant at all. And then it's confirmed that she registered for UW classes in August 1961 when baby would have been just weeks old.

Maybe the date she became pregnant ought to be moved up, and the date BHO was born should be moved up, and then there's all kinds of time to give birth and get things recorded "American style" in Hawaii where 8-4-61 isn't exactly a lie, but it sure could be a misinterpretation.
    The date of birth thing is true. My husband was born on febr 8th. When he moved here it took forever for him to break the habit of writing his date as 8/02/xx
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The ruling came this morning from Judge David Carter who as WND reported last night apparently recently hired a law clerk out of the law firm
    that has been paid nearly $1.7 million to defend Obama from such eligibility challenges.
    Isn't this a conflict of interest? I mean to hire someone who worked for a law firm that currently has a case before your court? This is a serious question to those who know the legal definitions of conflict of interest, because I don't, but logically it sounds like it is to me.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Boy, what a hot topic this dismissal has become. Great job Guys & Gals.

I've posted Judge Carter's decision on Scribd.com:
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/21903414/Barn ... isses-Suit

I've read the dismissal and it appears to me to be very prosecutorial in nature, and the words 'bull crap' came to mind several times. Let's see what happens on appeal... but then again, this is the crazy Ninth Circuit to which we are looking for help.
    In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot. -- Mark Twain

I found dismissal comments like this particularly frustrating"

"Plaintiffs thereby ask this Court to intervene and overthrow a president who was elected by “We the Peopleâ€
    In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot. -- Mark Twain

So, does anyone but me see the following statement in the dismissal as an over-reaction and distraction by the court?

"In order for Plaintiffs’ alleged injury to be fully addressed, Plaintiffs would have the Court intervene, upheave the results of a national election, declare the President illegitimate, shut down the functioning of the government of the United States, and leave this country defenseless."

Gee, I wonder who wrote this line?

I do remember NOT seeing the request in the complaint to "upheave the results of a national election, declare the President illegitimate, shut down the functioning of the government of the United States, and leave this country defenseless."

This was one of my 'bull crap' moments when I read it. But there are many more.

Leo Donofrio has come out of hiding to find a silver ray of light in Carter's ruling:

http://naturalborncitizen.wordpress.com
    Leo's post is below. Click the link above to view the Reader Comments he's entertaining:

[size=150]Judge Carter: “The writ of quo warranto must be brought within the District of Columbia because President Obama holds office within that district.â€

[quote="HighlanderJuan"]I found dismissal comments like this particularly frustrating"

"Plaintiffs thereby ask this Court to intervene and overthrow a president who was elected by “We the Peopleâ€